Overall Review

2.9

October 1st, 2015
Dr Joebstl was an excellent doctor to me for years. I moved out of the area , therefore I am no longer a patient if her's. As for her "Bedside Manner", you can tell that she takes her job serious, but she can appear flat or not very social and sometimes stern. I often thought this might be cultural. Yet, this is the type of doctor I need, as it is a doctor's job to support me with my own health. Aside from the doctor, the staff there were always wonderful and friendly.

September 8th, 2015
HORRIBLE! (9/8/15)
1 star is too generous! She has absolutely ZERO bedside manner and I'm sure she knows and just doesn't care! She never even knocked on the door before entering the room she barged in and went straight for the computer. She typed her note the entire visit. Talked down to me the entire time like I was a moron. She referred me to a Dr and had her staff schedule me an appt without even asking me 1st.....this referred Dr was nowhere near where I lived, and was completely out of my insurance covered network! If she would have taken the time to ask me questions or my availability 1st she would have known. (Thank god I know better to ask plenty of questions at check out). She seemed bothered that she had to order quite a bit of testing for my "headaches" and focused on things that were of little importance. Overall she was rude, no bedside manner, and was buried in her computer! I will never return to her and am puzzled how she still has patients. This behavior should be unacceptable for Penn Medicine. This is what you call top 10 in the nation?

August 26th, 2015
No bedside manner
The entire visit was one of the strangest experiences I have ever had with a physician. No bedside manner, talked to in a condescending manner, looked at back of her head most of the time. When she did look at me, focused on least important things. Agree with the rest of the reviews. At the end of the appointment the office staff was not helpful either

July 24th, 2012
wish i had read the previous reviews!!!
This doctor walked into the room, never shook my hand, no eye contact at all, I spent over 1/2hr. Looking at the back of her head, her bedside manner is horrible!!! I told her how my pressure goes up after eating, no response...will try the other doctor in the office and see how that goes....no wonder it was soo easy to get an appointment!!

June 18th, 2012
May be a money wheel
I have been going to this doctor for several years now. There are some things that I do like about her. She could use some help on her bedside manner but she does care. I think she is very thorough. The staff is generally cordial to me; never had problems there. I do think it's a money wheel though. I have been to her every one to three months for hbp. You should have at least six months to a year to work on the issue. The appts in between can only be about money. That is why I'm considering getting a new doc. If she's doing more folks like this she is making a huge bundle! How much of my vacation and personal days can you use for one doc.

March 17th, 2012
Oh,,what everyone else said! The staff is rude, was not greeted/acknowelged when I entered the office. Any phone contact after was about as pleasant.Dr. Joebstl has NO bedside manner at all! I do not need to be spoken to as if I'm a total idiot or lectured. Follow up was a disaster, the office had my phone number WRONG and had been calling someone else's phone and leaving my lab info!! They followed up with a letter to my home, accused me of not calling back, entire experience was BAD. Wouldn't recommend at all.

October 16th, 2010
Horrible experience..waited 2 1/2 hours before the doctor entered the exam room. She spent most of the time entering information into the computer. She did not look at lab work provided by my primary physician and ended up ordering a test that was already done, nor did she even read the final report provided by the primary physician. Absolutely no bedside manner whatsoever.

July 30th, 2010
Very poor bedside manner, makes no eye contact, spends entire appointment writing in chart.

September 17th, 2009