Dr. Barbara Davis MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

April 11th, 2016
One Year Free Now of Crippling Panic Attacks
Doctor Davis helped give me my life back...literally. I had severe panic disorder for most of my life that escalated to the point that I was totally housebound in my 20's and actually fainting in public from panic attacks. I had been to tons of doctors, have tried every holistic route first, was then given tons of meds but nothing ever worked. Dr. Davis really took the time to listen to my history, CARED about what I was going through, and put me on a med combo that for the first time in my life WORKED. In just a few months I was able to stand in lines at the grocery store, drive in my car and 6 months later, fly across the country on an airplane ALONE....which is crazy because I couldn't even walk to my mailbox before without severe anxiety and feeling disoriented from derealization. It's been a year and half and all I feel each day now is greatness and JOY. Feeling this stable makes me feel so happy.... because I don't dread waking up in the morning anymore only to suffer with terror, anxiety, body symptoms, obsessive and scary thoughts all day. Of course it's not perfect, but Dr. Davis' guidance, treatment plan and care has been a precious gift to me that I am so thankful for. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a caring and smart psych. doctor.

November 11th, 2015
you are another piece of flesh siting on this lady's couch- waste of time and money- she is emotionless

October 6th, 2015
Great Dr
Dr. Davis is a warm and empathetic doctor, very easy to talk with. She's also very knowledgeble in her field, and doesn't mind taking the time to explain to me the answers to my questions.

November 11th, 2013
Outstanding Doctor
Dr. Davis is an outstanding, intelligent, and caring doctor. She takes her time and is very thorough in her diagnostic procedures. She is the type of doctor that really wants to find the proper treatment for the individual patient, not just a "one size fits all" attitude. She does not just want to put a band-aid on the symptoms, she really cares about her patients.

March 7th, 2013
15 years of psychologists and my favorite by far
Due to head trauma, I developed anxiety and depression approximately 15 years ago. After moving to the area, I sought a psychiatrist near by. I began seeing Dr. Davis. At the time of the initial appointment Dr. Davis did come off a little strong and I was a little worried it would not work out. However, I stuck with her and am exceptionally happy that I did! She is, by far, the most knowledgeable, caring, empathetic psychiatrist I have ever seen. She has a strong background in medicine and is very knowledgeable about medication uses, interactions, side effects, etc. I have never felt rushed during an appointment, and have been pleasently suprised at the amount of time she dedicates to listening to any problems, concerns, or issues I may be having. Although she comes off a little "tough" at the time of the initial interview (first appointment) I have come to the conclusion it is most likely because she is telling the patient something they do not want to hear, likely surrounding an addiction/substance abuse issue. I have come to realize that she feels strongly about the subject. This is likely the reason why she chooses not to treat patients with the "dual diagnosis" you have read about in the other reviews. I have a degree in psychology myself, and addiction diagnoses are difficult, mainly because it is best described as a self-inflicted mental illness. Psychiatric medication also does not (usually) stabalize someone with these problems, and the interactions caused by psychiatric medication and abused substances can be serious, if not fatal. At any rate, from someone who has seen 5 to 10 different psychiatrists in her life (me), I would say Dr. Davis is, by far, the best I have ever dealt with. I would (and have) reccomend her to anyone serious about getting their (non-addiction related) mental illness under control.

June 18th, 2012
I dont think I'll be going back
First of all one of her secretaries has her baby in the office. That particular room looked like a daycare. So she's making my next appointment with one hand and feeding the baby goldfish crackers with the other. The doctor gave me an anti depressant _ something new. Didn't want to give me something different for anxiety ans said I should come off it. Saying its more dangerous than tylenol even though I rptold her I have nights I don't sleep. I tried her based on a friend's recommendation. My next step is to research this medicine before I fill the prescription. The environment is OK at best. I tried her hoping I could just see one doctor but she wrote me a prescription and said I should also go back to my old pyshcotherapist. For all that, I can just keep going to my PCP who doesn't know how to deal with my conditions either. I spent $35 for a co-pay I really didn't have to begin with. I don't see this as the start of something beautiful. I didn't have the exact experience as some of the others but i concur with their ratings. Wait until I talk to my "friend"

March 8th, 2012
Bottom line - Stay away from this person. STAY AWAY. Rude, fake, uncaring and if you decide to go off meds because you are feeling better - she takes it personal and immediately display the real her. Uncaring and not interested in how you are doing but how this effects her business. What a mistake I made choosing Barbara Davis. Never AGAIN!! STAY AWAY

October 2nd, 2011
dont go- mean woman
It amazes me that a psyhciatrist who is in charge of helping people get well can be so mean and uncaring about helping to resolve mental healh issues. If you have anything complicated and that needs time and caring - DO NOT GO TO HER. My sister has migraines and is manic and she was rude and not willing to work through issues. My sister burst into tears after a visit with her where she degraded my sister and advised her to find another doctor. She should retire if she doesnt want to work

June 30th, 2011
Absolutely Horrible Experience!
While discussing a referral to a psychiatrist with my therapist, I brought up the name of Barbara Davis, since she worked in the same complex. The therapist tried to steer me away from her, but I didn't listen and made an appointment to see her. I was initially struck by her rude manner and snobby attitude. She would try to be "fake-friendly" one moment, then say something entirely inappropriate the next. After a few visits, I questioned the medications I was taking and she gave me an earful! Shortly after, I was advised that she would no longer see me because I was "dual diagnosis." (I had addiction problems in the past.)Seeing Dr. Davis was the worst experience with a doctor that I have ever had. Avoid this quack at all costs!

January 31st, 2011
Horrible/disrespectful
I have NEVER EVER been treated so poorly in my life by ANY HUMAN BEING let alone a DOCTOR! I went in there for a simple prescription because i changed insurances and needed a new doctor for my ADD medicine. I did not understand some of her paperwork and instead of describing it to me she said maybe i should see other doctors, then TOOK MY PAPERS OUT OF MY HAND and said i should leave! I know it doesnt sound like a doctor would really do that, but it happened and i cried and went to my old doctor right after to ask how to file a complaint from such an UNPROFESSIONAL, ILL-MANNERED, INCONSIDERATE human being. She is supposed to be a doctor to help people, not scare them with being so completely out of this world rude!

December 21st, 2010
Bucks County Resident
Recently, I had the misfortune of having to experience the insincerity of what many deem as the prototypical snobery associated with the elite establishment of some of the medical profession. It seems tp be overly stated in the area of psychology. It is not as if I am a Medical wanna-be. I have my fair share of post graduate education including two Master's Degrees. What I find so startling was the lack of concern shown shown by Ms. Davis (she is not worthy of being addressed by DR.) for incidences two separate young adults who were in crisis situations. In one case she indicated that if you continue to act they way you do, you'll be dead before you father who by the way had terrminal cancer and since passed. This was at the initial consult. Not out of context whatsoever. I can understand a comment like that after exhaustive interventions, but to state that during an initial consult in inconscionable. The second involved a very emotionally needy student in college that waited three weeks to see her only to be disposed of like a used paper plate because he was ten minutes late. His lateness occured only after beng given faulty directions by an operator who worked for two practices within the same complex. Lesson to be learned - if you need help head as far away from this quack for you own mental health and sanity.

December 26th, 2009
Dr. Davis is a very kind and empathetic individual. She seems intelligent and competent. I only had one appointment with her. Due to other health complications she wanted me to see someone else...but she spent plenty of time with me, was interested and knowledgeable.