Dr. Barbara Kamer-Thompson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Barbara Kamer-Thompson?

Endometriosis

Endometriosis

Have you seen Dr. Barbara Kamer-Thompson?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 14th, 2016

Bad mistake

I was scheduled with this doctor because my primary OBGYN was booked many months out. Doctor did not read any of my chart before coming into the room, was completely unaware of my preexisting medical conditions and what medications I was on until I told her even though ALL of that is available on my chart. Seemed more interested in pushing a vaccine onto me rather than listening to issues I am having that's absolutely not characteristic of me or my medical condition I have and have never had. Very disinterested in my concerns after the exam with the treatment I was given. Bedside manner was cold and unfeeling, doesn't seem to want to think outside the box about the patient's health. I would never go back to this doctor and do not recommend.

April 22nd, 2015

I want to give you an idea of why I set this appointment up for my daughter. She is very shy and overweight and has never been to a gynocologist. Needless to say she was very apprehensive about going. She has expressed to me that she wants to lose weight and start taking better care of herself. We both thought the first thing she needed to do was get a complete checkup and get some professional advice. I made the appointment with Dr. Kamer expecting her to do a thorough exam. She was in the exam room exactly 10 minutes before returning to me in the waiting room. I was shocked! I asked her how it went and she said Dr. Kamer came in did a pap smear test, a breast exam and the only question she asked was did she have any problems with her periods and left the room. She never asked her about her medical history which includes depression, heart problems etc. She never discussed her weight, never asked her if she had any concerns and barely even talked to her. I find this outrageous!!! We both had high hopes that this was the start she needed to get the kind of medical help she needed. Instead now I have to try and convince her once again to see a new doctor who actually cares about their patients well being. I have an appointment next month with the same practice but I will be canceling that appointment after this experience. I found Dr. Kamer to be totally unprofessional and uncaring in her approach to her patients well being.

April 13th, 2015