Dr. Barbara Lipton MD Patient Reviews

August 26th, 2016
Mrs.
My husband, presently is seriously ill,, he has maybe a few months to live and if a miracle can come from an oncologist at Sloane Kettering he could see more time. He was Dr. Lipton's patient for Over 8 years. I called asking her to file an Out of Network Form for him for a specialist at Sloane Kettering hospital. She claimed she saw him years ago, saying it was around the time of a trip, the trip was 9 months ago not years. The insurance company told me she could have filed the form as she was his PCP dr.. Cruel act of a dr. Not to help. Her coldness and never saying tell him good luck, any kind word for someone you cared for for many years.was so cold. Her arrogance in continually saying I am now a specialist as of April. was interesting as he was never notified of that and that she now doesn't take his insurance, or has relocated. She claimed she was not up to date on his illness, I offered to bring over the records. She did not want to give it the time needed is what came across. If she had asked me to pay for her time to do it, I would have paid her. She just kept saying call his oncologist or find another PCP dr. My husband was shocked at her response, he could not believe after knowing her as his dr. For so long how she just cut me off. Dr. Lipton, why not notify patients of change of status, insurance issues, address change? Good always comes from something, bad I guess Karma. The forms are files and approved, without your help and arrogant way of speaking.. When I told the insurance company how she handled it they were so shocked they took action to help. See Dr. lipton's bad made good happen.

May 10th, 2015
I am very happy with excellent advice she has provided to me during my stay in NYC.