Dr. Barbara Miears MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 11th, 2016
Very down to earth person. Takes time to listen.

August 30th, 2015
This Doctor seems to do a good job if you have relationship problems but not something serious. My adult son was a patient and during a very serious paranoid episode she refused to see him even as he and I begged for an appointment. I have friends with minor problems and she does make time for them. She did recommend he be committed but he only wanted to see her. My son ended up dying months later with an overdose of an ADD medication which caused vomiting that he aspirated. I and his father called about the seriousness of his problem but she would not talk to us. I would not recommend this doctor for serious issues. We are heart broken. I informed her of his death and she never responded in any way or showed any sympathy. I do not believe she cares about her patients.

June 23rd, 2015
A review of Dr. Miears
Dr. Miears was my son's psychiatrist. He had a paranoid episode and was very frightened and asked me to make an appointment with Dr. Miears. I tried but she told me to commit him and would not give me appointment. He was begging me to see her but would not go to the hospital. I was crying on the phone asking for an appointment and some help. She refused. My son died and I don't know if that appointment would have made a difference but it was a pivotal point in his illness and the only time he was begging for help from Dr. Miears. I do not recommend her in light of the non-caring and callous attitude towards her patient

May 7th, 2015
She is amazing! Couldn't say enough great things about her.

November 14th, 2013
Simply Amazing
She is amazing. Extremely knowledgable and actually listens. I am a fairly complicated case because I have a lot of allergies and sensitivities so don't tolerate medications well and in fact don't want to be on medications period. All other doctors dismiss this because my sensitivities are "rare," but she was up to date on her research and didn't poo poo anything. We went 45 minutes over on my first visit because she wanted to get the complete picture and didn't want to leave me hanging. I have never been so impressed. Now don't go to her because I don't want her schedule to become to busy!

October 24th, 2012
I suffer from severe anxiety/panic attacks, on an almost daily basis. With some counseling and a change in medication, as well as advice on how to deal with these crippling attacks, I am doing much better. I will possibly not ever be rid of the attacks, but just knowing that I can talk to someone with good advice and great skills as a physician.

February 24th, 2012
Dr. Miears is the best psychiatrist who I have eve known (including those I have worked with). She was able to find a medication regimen for me that worked, after 3 other psychiatrists had told me there was nothing else to be tried. Although she does not accept insurance (which is the norm these days) her fees are very resonable. The intial exam costs $200; a medication management appointment costs $100. This appointment is for 30 minutes-not the 15 minutes which is the norm in the community. She is very smart and very caring.

May 3rd, 2011
Best of the Best
I have been to at least 1/2 a dozen psychiatrists in my life and most are arogent and indifferent. They look at me and shake there heads and say there is nothing wrong with the medicine you are on now. But I say dr. this and this and they would say well that is the price you pay there are always side effects..... Dr. Miears had most of my issues pegged pretty quickly which made me suspicious at first. They she took out and erase board and drew what she was talking about. Suddenly it all made sence to me. She already knew I was a visual learner. She admitted it may take some trial and error with my meds cause there were some diagnosis that were difficult to differentiate and that I probably had a mix of both. After 20 years of counseling and 15 years of meds. She hit it right on the button very quickly. I felt so much better after her diagnosis and adjustment to my meds that I think I can credit her with saving my life! Those that wrote ill reports of her might have been put off by her down to earth almost add way herself, but she listened and experiment with me. And told me she found my situation interesting and that she loved a challenge and I am and was a challenge. I did not want to take any more meds. HER STAFF!!! OH MY STARS, they have bent over backwards for me in so many ways. They are always kind and compassionate to my last minute requests and forgetfulness. They make me feel like they care about me. Like I am the most important patient they have and I know they have many many patients. She and her assistants could also tell when I needed to get in right away and made room for me. I trust her with my life. She saved it. Any one who has been to as many Psychs as me knows a good one when they see one.

April 8th, 2011
She need to see a doctor more than I do.
Worst Psyche I have ever seen. He mind is scattered all over the place. Her office staff are rude and indifferent.

April 2nd, 2011
Awesome Doctor!
Dr. Miears is a very friendly person. She is knowledgeable and is able to read people with ease. Her process is simple yet effective. I would recommen ...

March 13th, 2011
very compassionate
I've been seeing Dr Miears for several years, I find her compassionate to my concerns and do feel that she cares deeply for her patients.

June 2nd, 2010
"saved me from myself" :)