Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

3.0

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
Traumatizing show details Traumatizing
Jun 26th, 2015

Literally one of the worst experiences of my life.. let alone with a doctor... To give an account of my experience. I was new in town and just found out from my doctor in LA that i needed a Leap procedure. I got a recommendation to go to Van Eeckhout. The initial check up was fine, really just a briefing on setting up the procedure. SO the day arrives and I am in the procedure room where the other nurses or whatever are prepping me and the area for everything. The doctor comes in, does not say hi or anything... dose not explain what she is about to do...says absolutely nothing. sits down and inserts the biggest speculum i have ever felt in my in my life ..(evidently they need one 2x the size for serological procedures than a reg check up.... which i was completely unaware of and was never told about) (time from the dr. walking trough the door to insertions was about 15 sec. ) I gasp as this thing is inserted into me like I was being punched in the gut/ an non consensual sexual experience. (they wont let me say the word on here) Let me tell you im a tough chic i am not one to freak out or anything, but I started crying and gasping for air... i remember I kept saying its so big its so big... meanwhile the ladies are trying to calm me down, i was trying to explain that it wasn't the shot or the procedure i was freaking out about it was the fact i had this giant thing SHOVED inside me...(she didn't insert it slowly either it was literally like 1 second shoved in... finally it was over and she left.. I cant remember if she said anything i was still in shock. I was required to go back for a follow up a short while after that to make sure everything went well.. I decided to confront her, and told her that i was really unprepared for the size of the speculum and that it was really a horrible experience. You know what she says to this...?... " well, women who have had children don't seem to be bothered " what!!!!! are you kidding me! I of course do not have children, so this rational was so insane, and unacceptable to me........ NEVER GO TO THIS DR. On the other hand my paps have been clean for years, so she did the job, but seriously I'm scarred for life.

Terrible Doctor show details Terrible Doctor
May 15th, 2015

Charged for exams not done, and tried to cover it up. Worst doctor I've ever had to deal as l,with.

May 6th, 2015

This doctor is too busy to provide thorough and accurate medical care.

Not the best experience show details Not the best experience
Jan 7th, 2015

Went for an annual exam and she was in and out so fast no time for questions AND she forgot to do the breast exam. Bedside manner is non-existence.

LOVE this office! show details LOVE this office!
by Julie on Jul 17th, 2013

Finally! I found an office with a staff, nurse practitioner and doctor who are friendly, direct, and interested in solving problems that every other doctor I've seen has just blown off. These gals have it going on and for any woman looking for real explanations for issues and really honest answers to your questions (and honest replies if they don't have the answer, OMG!)...LOOK NO FURTHER! Dr Barb and Eileen and the staff are amazing.

Not only a great doctor, but a fantastic human being show details Not only a great doctor, but a fantastic human being
by Sbicca and Todd (husband) on Jul 2nd, 2013

I have seen Dr. Van Eeckhout for over 9 years. I first saw her in Albuquerque where she practiced, then I followed her practice to Santa Fe, because my husband and I felt she gave such good care. My husband and I had a very difficult pregnancy and I was in and out of the hospital. We will never forget when we were in the hospital during the Christmas holidays and Dr. Van Eeckhout came to our room on Christmas Eve, to check on me as a patient as well as to check on my husband. For weeks she came by everyday and spent as much time as we needed her to. She answered all our questions and was always compassionate with her responses . My body would not accept my pregnancy and I became Very ill. Dr. Van Eeckhout did everything she could as well as consult specialist in and out of the state. She spent hours and hours helping me through the pregnancy. Unfortunately, we were not able to make it to term. Other physicians, like my primary doctor, have explained if I had not had the care I did with Dr. Van Eeckhout, I could of easily died myself because of how my body responded when I was pregnant. We are so grateful that she helped me to survive in order for me to now be a mom to two adoptive amazing little boys. I recently had a hysterecronomy that Dr. Van Eeckhout performed and again, she was and is answering all my questions. She took the time with me and my husband to make sure we understood everything involved. Her follow through is fantastic , she calls you right back and treats you with such respect. The office staff is great. Her mom is the office manager and has always helped us with billing or any other questions we have had. When I was pregnant she always would have kind and supportive words for me. The surgery scheduler is exceptional , she answered all my questions, even if I asked them twice!! She helped me find dates and times for surgery that worked for my family and my recoverary time away from work... The Medical assistant is always there with a smile and compassion. She is so helpful and I know when I tell her something, she has such a good line of communication with the doctor that the doctor always gets the information.... I would urge any women that wants to understand her body and what needs to happen for her medical care to go to Dr. Van Eeckhout. We have found her to be so knowledgable and caring through the years..

Great doctor show details Great doctor
by carol on Jun 8th, 2013

My experience in visiting the office of Dr Barbara Van Eeckhout has been exceptional. She is compassionate, understanding, smart, a true professional and an exceptional physician. She always exceeds my expectations with every visit. Dr Van Eeckhout always takes as much time as needed to answer all my questions and address all my concerns. She always calls me to report Laboratory results. Her diagnostic skills are exceptional. She discovered a thyroid condition that was not detected by my primary care doctor. The staff in her office are always polite. They are willing to schedule appointments that fit my needs. Dr Van Eeckhout is a marvelous physician. There is no one better to address woman health issues. .

Jun 5th, 2013

As a patient of Dr Van Eeckhout since 2001 I have been extremely pleased and happy with the care she and her staff have provided. She or a member of her staff always call me with pertinent lab results---my wait time have varied but the stuff has always kept me appraised of the reason for the wait. I am a breast cancer survivor and Dr Van Eeckhout has been very supportive and careful with my continued care. She is the BEST!!!

Long-Term Patient show details Long-Term Patient
Jun 4th, 2013

What an exceptional Doctor! Dr. Van Eeckhout always answers my questions completely and makes me feel I am her only priority. When I have issues, she gives me all of my options, makes recommendations and explains why, then respects my choices. I have never had any of the issues cited below. Dr. Van Eeckhout is accessible; I have contacted her several times throughout the years with questions and never had a problem getting in touch with her. I have complete confidence in her care. I have recommended Dr. Van Eeckhout to many of my friends and family because she is outstanding.

by one happy patient makes many more on Jun 4th, 2013

WOW! After reading these horror reviews that only angry patients have written about Dr Van Eeckout and her staff makes me need to write and tell just how wonderful of an experience I have had with them. I have been with Dr Van Eeckout for many years and she and her NP who I also see have been nothing but kind and patient and very understanding to my needs. ALWAYS! I have never had any problems with making appointments or talking with the Dr or NP all you need to do is leave your name and phone number and a brief description of why you want them to call you back and its that easy. I still tell my friends and family to go see Dr. Van Eeckout :0)

Dismal Experience show details Dismal Experience
by Mad Medicare Lady on May 19th, 2013

Do not go to this doctor if you are on Medicare or expect professional treatment from her office staff. I was charged 3 times for the same procedure, charged despite the fact that I have Medicare supplement. The staff, which I suspect, is managed by her parents, could not explain the charges and sent me a confusing explanation about Medicare payments. When I asked the same question of 4 people, I received no answer to my question and was then told by Mary Van Eeckhout to find another doctor. This is patient abandonment. This is the worst treatment I have ever received from office personnel in my entire life. I suspect that the 3 charges were an attempt to make more money on a Medicare patient.

Aug 28th, 2012

In checking out options for prenatal care, I had one visit to this office. I did not even meet the Dr., had a brief informational appointment with no exam, and then received an outrageous bill which the office claimed was a fair and going rate for starting new patient charts. I later heard from my midwife that the Dr. has the highest rate of C-sections in town as well. I'm relieved I chose elsewhere and don't recommend this Dr.

No Access show details No Access
Jan 30th, 2012

The doctor is difficult to reach. Her office screens access to the doctor. I recently asked for a follow up with the doctor directly to discuss specific test results. I was told the doctor did not make phone calls and that I could only talk to her Nurse Practictioner. Yet I am paying for MD services.

Doctor is AWFUL show details Doctor is AWFUL
Jan 29th, 2012

I'm a first time mom & my experience with this doctor has been HORRIBLE. I've literally left the office in tears. The doctor isn't caring & doesn't make visits an enjoyable experience at all. Which they should be, I used to look forward to going to my doctors appointments but Van Eeckhout and her staff have totally ruined it for me. The midwife, however, is AMAZING. She answers questions and makes you feel welcome. She doesn't ask like your asking too many questions, or like the questions you ask are dumb. I tried to switch doctors a few weeks ago at 39 weeks and of course I was unable to. My advice is to find another doctor. This one put a damper on my pregnancy.

Sep 22nd, 2010

nice person but doesnt take mucch yime with the person they are seeing also she did asurgery for heavy bleeding and never tole me i could have children i found out when i went to ai fertile doctor and she told him he said to ask she change the subject and i was never told.her mother who works with her toldme to get a job in a daycare center somy husband have any chiildrenn also she said i was to old to have children so i rate not that good a doctor our dreams are broken dut to this doctor

Best OBGYN show details Best OBGYN
by donnasgang on May 22nd, 2008 on kudzu.com

The staff and Dr. Van Eeckhout are just wonderful and friendly. Kathie the OB nurse makes you feel like you are the only one that ever had a baby. She is very helpful with every aspect of birth. The doctor and the midwives are so caring about you also. I would reccommend this office to anyone thinking about having children.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com