Dr. Barbara Walsh MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

April 13th, 2016
Long wait times, rude staff, Dr is always interrupted, etc etc etc
I respect Dr. Walsh's knowledge and expertise, but she has lost her way. I have gone to her for over 15 years and she delivered my daughter of which it was by a matter of seconds that she almost missed being in the delivery room. However I felt that when Dr. Walsh was present that she did everything to properly deliver and protect the safety of both me and my baby. For that I am grateful. Fast fwd Five years later, I can no longer tolerate her rude support staff, medical assistant, and over scheduling of appointments. There is no respect for patients' time and to expect your patients to just and wait for Dr. Walsh indefinitely with no communication to the waiting patients, tells me money must trump everything. I showed up this week for my appointment to a waiting room full of patients. Only after insisting on an estimated wait time, was I advised there were 9 appointments ahead of me still to be seen!! This isn't the first time this has happened either, but it is the last time. Best of luck Dr. Walsh.

January 20th, 2016
Dr Barbara Walsh and NP Nancy Arnold are wonderful. The staff (reception, and check-in) are certainly not. I will lose my patience and seek another doctor soon if this does not improve.

November 23rd, 2015
May I have a few minutes of your time. Vitals.com is the only forum I have for telling as many women as possible that the Board Certified OB/GYNs of Mercy actually allow residents (not fully trained and definitely not Board Certified doctors) to perform complete surgical procedures on their purposely neglected to be told, totally unsuspecting, anesthetized patients.. For your procedure it may only be part, but whichever is the case, if your doctor has not told you specifically what part of a surgical procedure the resident is doing then your doctor has perpetrated something called "ghost surgery". "Ghost surgery" is the act of substituting one surgeon for another surgeon, supervised residents included, for any or part of a surgical procedure without the express consent of a patient who has essentially hired a specific doctor to treat them. "Ghost surgery" is considered fraud and battery of a patient (U.S. Supreme Court, 1983). Something else to seriously consider is that risks/rates of complications definitely go up when residents are involved in surgery. Perfectly logical really when you consider that many aspects of a gyno procedure can be completely blind: critical bladder dissection, vault suspension, a d&c ,etc. So, how on earth can your doctor supervise that? My little bit of research also led me to the ugly discovery that residents will be allowed to do invasive bi-manual pelvic exams on you while you're in a lithotomy position and anesthetized. The Mercy doctors' thinking is you will be perfectly relaxed and excellent practice for the residents. These pelvic exams without your express consent are against the law in 4 states. HI, for example, found numerous incidences of bruised cervices, torn and abraded tissue, and countless infections. While these pelvic exams aren't against the law in MO, I found this practice to be so grossly unethical, I could scarcely believe it. Shouldn't the well being of a patient always come first? Then there is #4 on your consent form. Your "certified provider" (aka your Board Certified OB/GYN of Mercy) thinks it's okay to tell you a resident may be involved, or maybe a resident will walk in minutes before your surgery and say, Hi, I'm the resident". The doctors of Mercy think this covers their responsibility to you. It doesn't. Hopefully, I have added some info and good luck with your decision.

November 4th, 2013
No frills.
Dr. Walsh is a down to earth physician. No fancy office, no unecessary testing, no hype. She spends as much time with you as needed. No more, no less. I feel well taken care of when I leave.

March 23rd, 2010
Dr. Walsh is a wonderful doctor. When your looking for a doctor who will treat you like a person and not a file - she is it. She's awesome!I've been going to her for over ten years.

November 16th, 2015