Ophthalmologist (eyes)

Mr. and Mrs. Happy Patients ! show details Mr. and Mrs. Happy Patients !
Aug 17th, 2016

My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Kaplan and the Eye Associates for many years. Years past our Cataract surgery. Now our children are getting ready to have their Cataract surgery with Eye Associates. This practice is the best and we personally recommend them to anyone who is looking for a doctor and practice that really care for their patients.

Apr 12th, 2016

Dr. Kaplan has been our family eye doctor for over 30 years.

WORST EVER show details WORST EVER
Aug 7th, 2012

Doctor Kaplan failed to diagnose a damaged retina upon my visit for an eye injury.Long story short, another doctor discovered the now fully detached retina much later on and emergency surgery was performed STAT. two more surgeries needed over the next eighteen months costing me nearly $25,000 (borrowed money) as there was no insurance. None of this would have been necessary if Kaplan had discovered the initial retina damage at the first visit.A probable small tear had evidently become a full blown detachment.Kaplan would not own up to his mistake and would not respond to my many letters and phone calls. All I wanted was reimbursement for my medical bills; did not want to file lawsuits. Eventually he became nasty and threatened me through a lawyer.Buyer beware! This guy should not be practicing medicine. State records indicate he has two prior malpractice settlements in the past five years alone; before that God knows how many.