Dr. Barrett Wallis MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology Crystal River, FL

February 21st, 2017
My first visit I was skeptical. The office itself is way too small and I feel like it violates HIPPA. In regards to HIPPA, you can hear the receptionist's conversation when other patients call. My second and follow up appointment was a disaster. They kept forgetting to close the door while being in a patient room, again violating HIPPA. I can hear and see another patient and their issues and business. The doctor himself obviously failed to review my chart and had to ask me why I'm here. Had to keep reminding them that I also needed my results of my blood work. Half way through my appointment, the medical biller or whomever she was, said my insurance was terminated and in short said either self pay would be over 400$ or if I didn't pay that then I'd have to leave and not CONTINUE to be seen and not get my blood work results! Tell me how that is professinal???!!! Smart and professional employees would had discussed my insurance issue upon arrival! The commutation and organization at that office is horrible! The comfort level is just as bad! I will not be returning and will NEVER refer anybody to this doctor!

January 20th, 2017
SIMPLY AMAZING
THIS DR IS SIMPLY AMAZING. I LOVE THE OFFICE AND THE GIRLS.

March 26th, 2016
Tiny Incomplete Facillity
The bold black cancellation fee sheet I saw made me question my choice of practice. The fees seemed excessive, and the time allotted to cancel (2 days for an office visit and 3 days for a procedure) may not be feasible. ( IE I woke up with the flu, but if I cancel my procedure I'll owe $125.) When I saw their out patient procedure center, I wanted to leave. It was tiny. There were 3 small rooms -a waiting room, changing room, and a procedure room. A hallway was used as a recovery area. The procedure room itself had 3 large windows where I could see cars going by just a few feet away. I felt exposed and unsafe. I had stayed to that point because of that cancellation fee. I was already hooked up to an IV (that hurt more than almost any other) when I was given the option to leave. I stayed because I knew I would be too scared to have them start another IV at a regular facility. That was the first time I met Dr.Wallis. I wish I could have met him sooner. I wish someone had told me that their outpatient center was not a normal surgery center. The staff was very nice though. Dr. Wallis said the center was well equipped, but how can a person trust a 3 room area that looks incomplete.
Doctor's Response

I am sorry about your experience here in our office. Our job at Advanced Gastroenterology is to make you feel safe and wanted. We understand that things were not as you had envisioned and we will do our best to fix the problems.

March 26th, 2016
He is the best! Very caring and makes you feel so comfortable. Great bedside manner! Answers all of your questions and spends the time that you deserve as a patient! Incredible!
Doctor's Response

Thank you for your time and patience on writing this review. We at Advanced GI strive to make every encounter with us a great experience.

January 23rd, 2016
Dr. Wallis treats you like your his only patient, explaining what is going on . Sometimes we have had a long wait in his office but, I'm sure it is because he is taking time with some one else who needs him. We like & appreciate him very much.

December 5th, 2015
Bad Doctor
I had 3 appts with Dr Wallis - each appt the doctor or his PA was over an hour late. Both the Dr and PA were not prepared for the appt - they had not reviewed the chart, lab tests, or even why I had an appt. Despite this the Dr and PA really wanted me to come back for a whole series of un-necessary tests. I said NO. This doctors office is mostly interested in getting the patient to participate in as much testing and appt time as possible so they can make as much money as possible - regardless of the patients needs.
Doctor's Response

I am sorry about your experience here in our office. Our job at Advanced Gastroenterology is to make you our main focus during our encounters. We understand that things were not as you had envisioned and we will do our best to fix the problems.

April 8th, 2015
great doctor
I saw Dr. Wallis when I got admitted to the hospital since I had not gotten a new GI doctor and was assigned him by chance, he has been my doctor ever since. Dr. Wallis goes above and beyond for his patients, he works hard to make sure they have the best possible care. When I got out of the hospital, he even personally called to check on me and make sure I got my medication okay. You may have to wait a little while in the waiting room, but that is only because of how much time he spends listening and tending to his patients. His staff is one of the nicest I have come across and are just genuinely nice people. All and all I absolutely recommend Dr. Wallis, out of all the GI doctor's I've had he is definitely the best.