Dr. Barrie May Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Barrie May?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 10th, 2014

He is an excellent doctor and has a wonderful bedside manner. Very knowledgeable and takes the time to listen and explain. I have been going to him for years. He delivered both my kids and I trust him completely to take care of my needs. Totally recommend him. My only gripe is the waiting time to be seen is always long. Had to wait an hour before I was seen my last visit. That's usually the case.

January 30th, 2012

Great

I love this Dr and would send every women I know to him.

September 29th, 2011

Extremely happy patient!!!

I have known Dr. May for years as a physician! He has unbelievable bedside manner, spends extra time with his patients and is extremely professional!! He is an unbelievable OBGYN and the BEST IN OC!!! I would recommend him and his group to ALL!!!

January 22nd, 2011

Wonderful Doctor

I have been going to Dr. May for several years and he has been there for me through infertility, pregnancy and birth. He has always spent all the time I wanted answering questions and consoling me when I needed it. He has always provided me with the most up-to-date and accurate information. When he needed to refer me to a Reproductive Endochronologist, he referred me to a wonderful doctor that was well known but also fit my personality, Dr. Lawrence Werlin. I specifically changed insurance groups, so that I can have Dr. May as my ObGYN. I highly recommend him. He is fantastic!

October 4th, 2010

Dr. May has an excellent bedside manner. He takes time to meet with patients when they are experiencing difficult times in his personal office (not the exam room) where patients can feel more comfortable asking questions. I highly recommend this doctor!

September 9th, 2010

Lost confidence in him, he is way to confidence of his experience and forgets that he can make huge mistakes

At first I had a miscarriage and he was the OB to do my CND operation, and he was a very professional Dr, though barely listens to his patients. Then... when I got pregnant I went back to him, and at the beginning of the pregnancy he told me that I have heart shape uterus, and I may have trouble carrying my baby. So,,, I carried my baby right, then at 4 month pregnancy he told me because of the shape of my uterus, the baby my not turn, and have to do c-section, surely I was fine with it and I had put my full faith in him. Then... yes there is more!!!!... at 7.5 month pregnancy he assured me my baby had turned upside down and she is in birth position.. though the entire time i felt she hasn't, and I kept asking him if my baby turned for sure over and over ( 6 visits) he again assured me she has turned. ..... Then he told me my baby can come pre-mature because I had pre-mature contraction and put me on medication to stop the contraction. I finished the medication at week 37, and still no baby, I waited until week 40, and no baby yet! Then he decided to induce me using the cathedar ( balloon) at week 42 because he was on call that weekend! I went into labor that night, and went to the hospital, i was in tremendous pain all night, with no epidural at all, until the morning when Dr May showed up, and removed the Balloon, and I got my epidural finally... after 10 hr waiting, i was finally 9.75 centimeter dilated and ready to push... the nurse asked me to start pushing, surely I started pushing for 1.5 hr, until dr. may showed up as he had surgery to do. He "wondered" why I am pushing and there is no sign of baby being even dropped!!!! he examines me, and all of sudden brings in 2nd OB doctor and she as well examines me, and he finally tell me " the baby hasn't turned we have to do emergency c-section" ....that was the worst moment of my life and my family, I waited until week 42, and induced, pushed, and baby had never turned... if he had not being so confidence and arrogant about his experience and do a simple Ultrasound, my experience having my baby would have being much much better. If I could give him negative stars I would, but unfortunately there isn't.He never listens to patient, and always by the door wants to get out of the room not giving you time to ask questions.

July 29th, 2010

Excellent doctor

Caring, efficient and a GREAT doctor.

April 6th, 2017