Dr. Barry Auster MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

May 10th, 2016
Great doctor

February 2nd, 2016
Had to switch doctors because I moved. Went to specialist before so I know what treatments for my small issue are like. With this doctor I noticed that his treatments were not adequate that resulted in multiple follow up appointments, not going back

October 26th, 2015
No problems
I just saw Dr. Auster today for the 4th time (I think) in four years. I called this morning and was pleasantly surprised to get an appointment today. I saw him the three previous times for wounds that weren't healing properly. Today was for a nail fungus. I didn't have much of a wait to see him. He prescribed a medication for me and said if I didn't feel better in a week to call for a follow up. He doesn't schedule you for appointments he thinks you might not need and doesn't suggest treatments that medication may solve. I like him and wouldn't hesitate to see him again.

September 17th, 2015
Dr. Auster is awesome!

March 23rd, 2011
I see Dr. Auster for laser and the results so far have been amazing. I aslo see Sheli the P.A for everything else i need. She's wonderful

March 21st, 2011
I recently saw Dr Auster..my experience with the office was great....I didn't have wait long....the staff was courteous....I would recommend this office to my friends.

March 21st, 2011
I had the pleasure of visiting Dr. Auster office for the first time. I was scheduled with the PA Sheli Tinkelman. I was reluctent at first seening the PA but was very pleased with the visit. She explained things in detail to my satisfaction. I saw doctor Auster in the hall and was told I could sched. with him if I wanted to but for the moment i'm pleased seeing the PA

January 19th, 2011

December 28th, 2010
I would never recommend this doctor to anyone!
I took my mother to see him for a post-skin cancer removal surgery. Unsatisfied with my visit. Doctor was in and out in 10 min but charged for a comprehensive visit with multiple procedures done. The bill was much more than what we were originally told. My mom explained her total unsatisfaction with the visit and having to go see a different doctor but later sent a check covering what was actually done. Couple years later she was hit with a collection agency going after her for $70 she refused to pay! She is 88 years old for goodness sake and her only income is SSI. The 'caring' doctor never reminded her that cancer patients need yearly checkup but remembered very well that he was underpaid!

September 12th, 2010
horrible doctor. never even sees patients because has his P.A. Shelly Tinkleman do it (she has no idea what she is doing). I have been to 1-2 dermatologists (mostly because I have moved around) and I can not believe how unprofessional & unqualified the staff is. Dr. Auster is very rude & tries to run unnecessary tests to make money off of you; I confronted him about this & his and Shelly Tinkleman's solution was to ignore me and then not answer my questions (relating to how they were ordering unncessary tests or diagnostic questions). Stay AWAY at all costs. When patients figure out their game to make money, the office dumps you as a patient and will not take calls or anything from you. Completely incompetent and crooks.