Dr. Barry Benjamin Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Barry Benjamin?

July 1st, 2014

Uncomfortable

I've met with Dr Benjamin several times and always feel uncomfortable. I've a well-educated individual but am treated in a condescending manner.

May 18th, 2014

Great experience

I have no idea why there are all these bad reviews. (I wonder if they are all from one person with an axe to grind.) He is an excellent doctor. Explained everything very well and was extremely sensitive to my needs and questions. He made sure all my questions were answered and had a perfectly professional and humanizing bedside manner. I can't make sense of these other reviews and - if real - I wonder if they are talking about someone else. I saw Dr. Benjamin at DMA in Dedham.

April 18th, 2013

Awful Experience

After waiting half an hour past my appointment time for Dr. Benjamin, he dismissed me after a few unpleasant minutes. He did not listen to my explanations of symptoms and insisted on a diagnosis that was not applicable and did not even make sense! He was incredibly condescending and made me very uncomfortable. He did not give me any warning when he shoved a painful instrument up my nose. He also made strange comments that I did not consider professional. A HORRIBLE experience. I wish I had never set foot in his office.

October 26th, 2012

Never wanted to punch a doctor before.

Dr. Condescending acted like I was wasting his time by asking questions. He tried to change the subject every time we actually talked about why I was actually at the appointment. Literally dismissed me in less than 5 minutes. I made a misspoke on a question on my tonsils and it was like he was just waiting to pounce, because he jumped all over me. If he was younger it would've got confrontational, instead I just walked out affaire he tried to change the subject once again.

May 4th, 2012

Mixed feelings

I have mixed feelings about Dr. Benjamin. He obviously lacks some basic social skills, but that doesn't make him a bad surgeon- just terrible at communicating in a respectful and clear manner. He is quite condescending and seems to assume his patients are all cognitively deficient. He seems reluctant to make a decision about surgery and therefore prefers I make frequent visits (every 2-3 weeks) so he can monitor me closely without actually providing any care. He is also quite insensitive to considering the cost of this to the patient (i can't take off work twice/month and pay my copay and deductible in order for him to make no decision whatsoever). He dismisses parent intuition and has therefore missed diagnosing deaf children until much later than necessary.

October 3rd, 2011

Made me very uncomfortable

I'm sure Dr. Benjamin is a great surgeon but I was very uncomfortable with him. He doesn't have a very good bedside manner. He is curt to the point of being rude and didn't care to take the time with me I felt I needed. Surgery is a very big deal. People need to feel like they are able to address any questions or concerns they may have with their surgeon. This was not a good experience for me. I have asked my primary to refer me to another ENT so that I can have the surgery I need. I wish I had done my research before wasting all of this time.

May 5th, 2011

See someone else...

Ok, I did not go to medical school, but I'm intelligent, and I expect to discuss my symptoms and not be interupted by him. Extremely rude and horrible bedside manner. Not such a great technique either (didn't warn me that a small insertion up the nose might hurt or feel odd-- actually yelled at me when I flinched due to lack of warning.) Go to someone else. This guy needs to retire. I don't understand why he's still in practice.

March 11th, 2011

Rudest Doctor Ever!

He's the rudest doctor I've ever visited. My entire visit with him only lasted 10 minutes. He didn't bother explaining my symptoms. He actually asked me why I was asking so many questions and looked annoyed with me. Will definatly not be going back to him and DO NOT recommend him to anyone.

October 4th, 2017