Dr. Barry Byer Is this you?

2.1

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Barry Byer?

Do not go therte

Posted on October 24th, 2011

Why haven't I change the doctor sooner. The office is a mess. Staff is lazy and absolutely not helpful. Dr. Beyer doesn't want to think outside of the box and has horrible "bed side manners". He likes to send you for unnecessary tests. He doesn't listen to the patient and has a very narcissistic personality. He has 2 NP and a lot of times they misdiagnose. The wait time is bad as well. Do not go to that office.

Posted on May 20th, 2011

I've been a patient of Dr. Byer's for about 2 years now and am currently looking for another GP. I've given him and his staff the benefit of the doubt, but after this much time have come to the conclusion that it's time to move on. He's rushed, rude and constantly referring me to specialists for extra tests. When I see these specialists they all ask me why I've been sent to see them: According to their tests I'm absolutely fine. Too bad I can't say the same for Dr. Byer.

Posted on March 13th, 2011

A bit rude and indifferent but I feel competent overall though way too pushy on cholesterol drugs.

AWFUL - stay awa if you can help it

Posted on October 25th, 2010

The practice is awful. You will be better off diagnosing and treating yourself than relying on this practice to do that for you. They are in this to make money - they do NOT care about the patient which is why they hire D grade staff members who are rude and uncaring as well. The doctor is so cocky he does not even see you - his nurse sees you and actually that is not such a bad thing as she is better at diagnosing than he is. In addition, you will have to keep following up with this practice than hope that they will call you if something is wrong with your results. Looks like he bough his degree of ebay and paid someone off at the Washingtonian to rate him as the top 100 - bottom 100 would be most appropriate - take a lesson or two Mr. Byer in CARING...............it's your job!!!

Dr. Byer is a great doctor!

Posted on June 16th, 2010

I am shocked by some of these unfair entries. I've been a patient of Dr. Byer for 10 years +. During this time I moved from Falls Church but still travel to see him because I feel he has been a real partner in my health. Over the years he has helped me to control my cholesterol effectively (which was very, very high)and encouraged me systematically lessen several risk factors. Did we perform testing find out what those risk factor were? Yes we did. Did we work on one risk factor at a time? Yes, for the most part we did. What is the end result? I am very sure the process has ended years my life. His focus is on prevention which is an ongoing process in which the patient needs to be an active participant.

A Zimbabwe witch doctor would be a step up...

Posted on April 29th, 2009

7 years ago this lamebrain misdiagnosed my problem and then when questioned about it by two of his peers, promptly fabricated that I was having a "conversion disorder" (meaning it was his opinion that it was all in my head), and inserted that language in my medical files. To this day, because of his actions, I'm still being denied SSA disability benefits, because once they see that phrase, then regardless of the amount of medical proof I can provide, there's simply the element of doubt that this jerk raised. Please note that once I found a real doctor, my problem was correctly diagnosed and is under effective treatment, unfortunately the delay he caused had resulted in further damage, damage that was totally unnecessary had he done his job adequately.Because he evidently received a bruised ego when his methodology was questioned, he threw his copy of the Hippocratic Oath in the trash and promptly pushed me under the bus. Thanks Barry, you're a real honorable man. Stay away from this guy, he's simply too full of himself to be an objective physician. If he's questioned, he'll automatically default to self-preservation mode, and with the stroke of a pen, he can (and will), ruin a good portion of your life.

Posted on July 29th, 2016