Dr. Barry Cohan Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Barry Cohan?

Posted on February 11th, 2017

Excellent rapport and very thorough

Bad, bad doctor

Posted on June 18th, 2016

I went to him after my Graves Disease came back in 2012. He told me the radiation treatment will help me feel better, give me a better quality of life, and hypothyroidism was easier to treat, Wrong! Within six weeks of treatment, I started the one thyroid hormone medication. Two weeks after starting the med, I started feeling sick and miserable. He had me on too high of med dosage for two years after misreading my thyroid blood tests. I ended up getting a second opinion and was told I was hyperthyroid and possibly sensitive to the medication. Since the radiation treatment and medication, I have been diagnosed with multiple medical issues and unable to work for at least a year. This doctor should not be allowed to practice medicine. I would not trust him to take care of my pet rock. My advice would be not to see him, and if you do, get a second opinion.

Poor manners

Posted on April 19th, 2016

He is very inconsiderate and deleived bad news in a letter and did not even call to let us know. He is very short and rude. I would not send my loved one to this man.

Excellent Dr

Posted on April 9th, 2016

He is a wonderful delightful man who really loves his job, compared to other endocrinologist in town he is a breath of fresh air. He really understood me and encouraged me to do better with my diabetes management, instead of yelling and putting me down. Highly recommended!!!

Posted on August 26th, 2015

He was rude and not very helpful. I was excited to see him because I am tired of feeling bad and instead he made me feel terrible. He apologized to other patients in the waiting room, in from of me, for spending too much time with me. He said, that took longer than it should have, sorry to make you wait. I spent 10 minutes with him. I will never go back to this doctor again. He also had in my records I smoke, drink alcohol and drink 2-3 sodas a day. I don't drink alcohol or soda and have never smoked a cigarette in my life. Last I checked I am paying big bucks to see him, I would have appreciated some respect,

Completely unprofessional

Posted on August 16th, 2013

Absolutely the most unprofessional doctor, office, and staff I have ever dealt with. Completely unorganized. Dr. Cohan entered the room and didn't even say hello or make eye contact. The first thing out of his mouth was, "So, what, you're having problems getting it up?" The fact is that I may have a petuitary issue causing problems with erections. His response was LITERALLY, "You should tell your wife to give you more bj's and handjobs." In the middle of my appointment, his assistant walked into the room WITHOUT KNOCKING and said I need you. They left the door open and apparently she needed him to sign something. I could hear their conversation completely. He said, "What am I signing? Aaahh it doesn't matter! That's all I do, sign things" as if it were a joke. The next 15 minutes of MY appointment were Dr. Cohan telling me about his move from California to Montana other useless information about himself that does not help improve my condition. I left the visit feeling awful. I put a lot of trust in a doctor and felt that he could care less about me or my health. I waited 2 months for my visit with Dr. Cohan. I love Montana but there is a severe lack of Endocronologists in this state. Getting a follow up to the results of my MRI took another 3 MONTHS as this unorganized staff could not locate my films after they had been sent twice. I would in all honesty not recommend ANYONE to Dr. Barry Cohan. This is an unprofessional doctor who seems to have lost (if he ever had) his compassion and concern for his patients.

Posted on August 23rd, 2012

Dr Cohan office was timely with setting me up an appointment and explaining to me if it was going to be longer. My appointment was very good and he was thorough in explaining my diagnosis. My complaint is that after my testing I was promised a call within a week and that didnt happen. Overall though the experience was good and with his longevity in the field I would recommend Dr Cohan to anyone.

Posted on August 23rd, 2012

Wouldn't recommend him

Posted on August 8th, 2012

Dr Cohan has obviously doing his job too long. No bedside manner. Rude. Insulting. I will never go back. Office staff was wonderful. Only bright spot in an otherwise bad experience.

Posted on December 27th, 2011

Stern but easy to get along with. Very knowledgeable is his specialty.

very unprofessional diagnoses

Posted on July 15th, 2011

had a pituatary tumer removed, years later had gamma ray radiation to hopefully stop any more growth, went to see cohan just for follow up, after 2 months and three test he informed me i would have to take growth hormone for the rest of my life just befor haveing to get my first shots he informed me its now testostorone shots i would have to take for the rest of my life haveing the first shot in his office i passed out for the first time in my life. they thought i had a heart attack , i kept asking him what happend to me he kept on rambing something that had nothing to do with the questions , i finaly concluded i fainted after much reasearch never went to him again i fiqure ill die without anxioty from him and that was 3 years ago if you dont have anxioty before you go in you will after seeing him he never answered any question you asked he just rambled on about something else (every time)

Posted on March 2nd, 2011

He likes to play mind games with me. He told me that my anxiety was all in my head after speaking with me for less than 5 minutes. It turned out that I had hyperthyroidism and thyroid cancer. Very rude. His personal problems show through in just a few minutes of being with him. He is one man I would not want to engage with at all.