Internists, Rheumatologist

1039 Murray Ave
Ste 200
San Luis Obispo, CA 93405
(805) 781-0702
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. CitySearch.
 |  patient  |  show details
by Ashley Smith on Jun 12th, 2013

Dr. Eibschutz is the best doctor in town perhaps the state. Not only does he care about his patients, his knowledge base is unprecedented. Dr. Eibschutz found the diagnosis that both my internist and UCLA medical center missed. He doesn't over prescribe medications and has the patients long term health care in mind. The only downside to Dr. Eibschutz is that he has TOO many patients that love him and it takes some patience to get in.

|  Unparalleled Expertise  |  show details
Apr 9th, 2013

Dr. Eibschutz is without question the most knowledgable physician I've ever encountered. He is extremely thorough, spent a tremendous amount of time with me, and was able to diagnosis my medical condition immediately. He called me on a Saturday when his suspisions had been confirmed. I have been misdiagnosed by 3 prior physicians and have been suffering for 4 years. I feel like a new person now and miraculously my symptoms went away 10 days after treatment! Thank you Dr. Eibschutz!!!!

|  Heartless  |  show details
Apr 1st, 2013

If I could give this doctor NO stars, I would have. I am 37 years old and NEVER in my life have I been turned away from a doctor's office for being 10 minutes late. NEVER! Nor have I been treated in such a coldhearted manner by the receptionist. I have seen MANY doctors - having gone through breast cancer and still dealing with a connective tissue disorder. I work an 8-5pm and it is difficult to get time off for the various doctors I need to see. What kind of a doctor would turn a new patient (one who has chronic pain on a daily basis) away for arriving 10 mins. late? There was ONE person in the waiting room besides me, and it's possible he was waiting for one of the other doctors in the office. I had sent all of my paperwork ahead of my appt. so paperwork was not the issue. There is only one rheumatologist in SLO apparently, so he must have the monopoly on all of us chronically in pain patients. I just cannot get over what a disregard for another human being's pain this doctor and this office must have. Just another example of how powerless one feels as a patient. Wow, NEVER in my life. I left with such a feeling of helplessness and frustration. I would NOT recommend a doctor who obviously has LITTLE compassion.

Jul 20th, 2012

The Dr. is a very kind man and has a large part of helping me get a better quality of life going after my diagnoses. I could have never asked for a nicer Doctor he cares and that's what matters to me.

|  Be Prepared to Wait -FOR HOURS  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2011

I called to schedule my 4th appointment and was told that the Dr. wasn't accepting any new patients. I explained that I had been in the office on 3 other occasions but they had no record of me ever being there. I took in a copy of the lab slip and receipt for my last visit and proved to them that I was a patient at which point they agreed to "make an exception." My appointment was scheduled for 10:00AM. I arrived and checked in at 9:45, just to be sure that they still knew who I was. At 10:25 I went up to the receptionist and asked how much longer it was going to be. She said, "Oh, the Dr. still has 3 other patients ahead of you." I had already seen 3 other patients go into and come out of the exam area. That means that he had 6 patients scheduled between 9:00 AM when the office opened and 10:00 when my appointment was scheduled.Another patient in the waiting room asked me which Dr. I was seeing. I told her that I had an appointment scheduled with Dr. Eibschutz at 10:00. She looked surprised and said that her appointment was with him at the same time. She became agitated and went up and asked the receptionist about it who replied, "Oh, yeah, we have to schedule more than one patient in each time slot to get everyone on the book. And sometimes people cancel and then we're left with a hole in our schedule." I was finally called in at 10:55. The doctor was very apologetic but explained that he had a "really full schedule" and "didn't have the time he would like to give me this morning." He gave me a lab slip and told me to get the labs done and come back and see him when the results were in. I explained that these were exactly the same tests that I had just completed 2 weeks earlier and that I was in the office to discuss the results. He apologized again and left the room saying, "Reschedule in 2 weeks and we'll discuss the results then." I walked out of his office at exactly 11:05. He spent less than 10 minutes with me. I would not be writing this review if this was an isolated incident. This is an ongoing issue and one that the office doesn't apologize for. When I called back to schedule my "re-check" I explained what had happened with the last visit and I was told that "Since you're not happy with the way things are here, you should find someplace else to go." I have.

|  Bad Office Policy  |  show details
by siouxin at Citysearch on Sep 15th, 2010 on citysearch.com

If you pay more for a PPO so you can access a specialist quicky, you can forget about it with this doctor. I called to get an appointment for an urgent medical matter regarding my husband. They said I had to get a referral from my primary care dr.whose poor treatment was why I was going to a specialist along with chart notes and blood tests. When I explained that I had a PPO and didn`t need a referral, she said it didn`t have to do anything with insurance, that just their policy. She went on to say that THEY would call me for an appointment, and if I didn`t hear from them in a WEEK or so, I could call them!Just another example where the needs of the patient don`t matter. The patient has no power. They ignore the rules-because THEY CAN!

by Joyfuljo on Mar 24th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I have been a patient for about 9 years with Systemic Lupus. He has been nothing but great with me, taking all the time I need and I never feel rushed. I also agree with the last post about how nice it is to be called in by the doc himself and not some

by shrtstufr on Jan 5th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I have to strongly disagree with the last post. I find it hard to believe that Dr. E. would refuse to order labs. That seems to be his bread-and-butter. I have never, in my three years under his care for rheumatoid arthritis, felt that he hasn't taken

by s2kisme on Sep 21st, 2007 on citysearch.com

Patient for few years. Was great until this year, when my pain reached an all-time high. Asked that new labs be performed and was denied. Was diagnosed with something else and sent off to another specialist. That only caused months of more pain, tests and

by smithsu on Mar 15th, 2006 on citysearch.com

Dr. Eibschutz is extremely knowledgeable and possesses an excellent bedside manner