Dr. Barry Grossman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Barry Grossman?

February 7th, 2016

Very knowledgeable. Listens well. Takes me seriously.

December 4th, 2015

Always professional, kind and thorough.

September 17th, 2013

Terrific Physician

Dr Grossman is a complete professional who cares about his patients. I have two other family members who have gone to him for years. He is extremely bright with a great bedside manner. I highly recommend him.

July 24th, 2012

I can go here whenever I have the need, no appointment necessary, if time is ticking and I need to get in / get out he accomodates me. He's never misdiagnosed me though he doesn't poke around enough sometimes so I have to be very clear with whatever issues I'm having. He's very easy to talk to, staff is very nice and billing is a snap. Overall I have to say that Dr. Grossman get's two thumbs up.

July 10th, 2012

Great doctor, HORRIBLE WAIT

Dr. Grossman is great. I've been seeing him for roughly eight years and he is a solid, old school PCP. Caring, thorough, very attentive. But I'm pretty much about to leave. The issue is the wait times. I have had the first appointment of the day, last appointment of the day, walk ins, all manner of appointments and without fail I have to wait roughly 90-120 minutes to be seen. I know that it is partially due to the level of care, but it really is just horrific at times, especially during cold and flu season when the whole waiting room is a petrie dish. I wish they could work on this because what should be a fabulous practice is completely overshadowed by the time commitment required for a simple appointment.

March 3rd, 2012

Might be a decent doctor, but not for addiction

I went to see Dr. Grossman for subutex/suboxone. I had just had my son and was nursing and had been prescribed subutex for the pregnancy and nursing. My previous doc at Addiction Institute NY moved out of state. Dr. Grossman was clearly very nervous about the subutex prescription, asking me at every visit, "You're still nursing? Still?" and telling me "We have to do something to get this dose down." My dose was totally normal-16mg. He basically discouraged me from nursing my son. On my final visit I told him I'd been searching for another doc and also brought some paperwork from SAMSHA explaining that nursing is not contraindicated for bup patients and explaining the reasoning behind bup mono therapy in this population. (I am by the way a social worker and know what I'm talking about.) Dr. Grossman was very angry probably because he felt like a fool and forbid me from coming back (basing this on also the fact that I had walked out the week before in disgust). His behavior was unprofessional during the duration of our relationship and I believe he was embarrassed. Bottom line, he should have done his own research on pregnant and postpartum/nursing women. Instead he relied on ignorance. I told Dr. Grossman when leaving his office that I believe he does not like addicts. And if you do not like us, I said, then don't treat us. There are plenty of other patients out there.

July 19th, 2017