inactive

Barry Kaplan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 27th, 2016
Excellent
After having been diagnosed islet cell tumor carcinoma of the pancreas (pancreatic cancer ) at 2001,I was fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Kaplan by another physician of mine. He is highly knowledgeable, professional, caring, and honest in all of his work with me. there is nothing that I cannot say to or ask of him that will not get his full attention. Also, the entire staff in his office and the oncology department have been extraordinarily helpfuI. I am so grateful to be in Dr. Kaplan care.

June 2nd, 2015
Beware this doctor
Dr. Kaplan wrote my father off in 2008 because he was elderly and had some cognitive impairment. He did not do anything about his presenting anemia and he happened to have an underlying cancer that went undiagnosed until recently. My father could have been treated with dignity, respect, and professionalism, but instead, he was shunned and never had the chance for early detection and treatment. My father recently died of an advanced form of lymphoma that was sitting in his body for years, thanks to the medical care he received.

August 10th, 2013
What a guy
21 years ago Barry as I have known him took care of my mom. What a person, I remember so vividly him coming down the hall jacket over his shoulder, looking at me with such sad eyes realizing the pain I had at that time but giving me hope. Today,this day I realize he did the best he could for my mom. Thank you for giving me hope at that time, but we have a date to come into this world and a date to leave, you could of never been a better MD to my mom . To all the patients he treats he is the best any one could have.

March 8th, 2013
Cancer survivor
I can't say much about Dr. Kaplan only I can say is.... My parents gave birth to me 32 years ago, but he gave me life and kept me alive for my husband and my 2 children. my children were only 3 years old and 1 week old when I was diagnosed with cancer. I was one of a lost cases. Big hospitals like Sloan and M D Anderson refused to take me because I was t-cell non-hodgkin alk negative lymphoma patient. My cancer was a very very rarer kind. None of those famous hospitals have any treatment for my kind of cancer. They said I had 0% chance. Imagine!!!!! But Dr. Kaplan took me under his wing and told me " I can't guarantee but I would try as I would do for my own daughter". I can't ask for anything more. I pray to God every night before I go to bed ...God please give him anything he ever asks to you. Please answer all his prayer. Because he deserves all the happiness in the world". I had chemotherapy and stem-cell transplant. It's been 2 years. We just celebrated 2nd birthday of my younger son. It's a miracle, and it only happened because Dr. Kaplan didn't give up. If I say thank you to him I think it's not enough.

March 1st, 2013
Greatest Doctor & Human Being Alive
Dr. Kaplan has been my oncologist for 15 yrs. now. He has saved my life. He talks to me with kindness & dignity. He is also very intelligent & stays very current with what is going on in his field. I have difficulty understanding English as it is my second language, but Dr. Kaplan speaks to my daughter with out any hesitation. He always answers all our questions & walks us through everything. He never abandons you in your time of need. He is truly a caring & exceptional human being alive.I would & have highly recommended him whenever anyone is in need of the best oncologist .

March 17th, 2012
Dr. Kaplan saved my life nine years ago and continues to monitor my health on a regular basis.

February 5th, 2012
He is a wonderful and caring doctor.