Surgical Specialist, Dentist

5 Silverstein Pavilion 3400 Spruce St
Philadelphia, PA 19104
215-662-2777
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

|  DO NOT use DR. Hendler, a DENTIST for your hair!  |  show details
by Jared Thomas on Aug 12th, 2014

I was fast talked by Dr. Barry Hendler and wish I never trusted a word that he said! I now shave my head, rather than have his work visible for anyone to see. He is a disgrace and I question how he stays in business! My sincere advice, DO NOT GO TO HIM!

|  show details
by Robert S on Jan 5th, 2014

Doctor Hendler performed 2 hair transplants procedures for me over the last 12 years. I am extremely pleased with the results. He and his staff are very professional. They are very detailed in the follow up instructions, they made the procedure painless. I would recommend this procedure and Dr. Hendler to anyone.

|  A complete con and rip off!  |  show details
Oct 6th, 2013

Nothing that was assured would happen with my restoration actually happened. When I went back, I was told to do a "comb over"! I would not recommend Dr. Hendler to work on anyone!!!! Horrible service and He did not stay for my transplant, which I found out after it started. So expensive and disappointing!

|  warehouse  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2011

THE BEST YOU EVER HAVE HAS A DOCTOR

|  "A review , two plus decades after the fact ..."  |  show details
by Walter M. Martin , R.N. , C..L.T./H.H.S. on Mar 22nd, 2009

"Medicine" is , quite understandably and of frank necessity , a business . With but few exceptions , the primary objective of a business is to increase both the volume and speed of profit . After four decades in the practice of various medical disciplines , my personal and professional opinion is that , sadly , far too often those individuals whom we recognize as "physicians" are , in fact , first and foremost , "business people" . Semantics aside , my observations / experiences can perhaps best be summarized by the increasing supplementation of the word "patient" by the impersonal and distancing "client" . It seems that "The Healing Arts" are now oft times foreshadowed by the science of economics as an absolute priority . Thankfully , there are those medical practitioners whose professional raison d' etre is in truest accord with the virtues and admonitions delineated by the Hippocratic Oath . As a result of lengthy and painful circumstance involving my dear wife , I can state unequivocally that Doctor Barry Hendler is one such practitioner . Knowledge can be accrued and skill can be honed - but what of understanding and compassion ? As a very long story made , of necessity , much too brief ... In the mid-1980s , my spouse was in dire need of medical intervention because of an extremely painful and worsening condition involving her upper and lower jaw , dentition , and supporting structures . We were very much "up against the wall" , having been unable to find a physician / surgeon with the necessary abilities to correct a problem that was apparently "uncorrectable" . Just when all appeared hopeless , we "somehow found" Dr. Hendler . (Not to wax religious , but the word "miracle" is applicable .) The successful operation took six and one half hours to complete . Not only did Dr. Hendler possess the plethora of rare skills necessary , and the ability to draw knowledge from some vast and unimaginable (at least , to me) storehouse , but it was ever-so-obvious that he really and truly CARED . Digressing to my first paragraph , money can buy so very many things in this world , but we have found that it can in no way be used to purchase the most precious of intangibles - genuineness , compassion , the uniquely ineffable blend of multifaceted ability , humanistic attitude , and pure and prioritized CARE . Additionally worthy of note is the observation that Dr. Hendler had surrounded himself with a staff that actually shared his lofty ideals . Somehow I happened to find this site via the computer , and although today ( 3-22-09 ) is a few decades plus since my wife and I last spoke with Dr. Hendler and staff , I'm reminded that some physicians are indeed "gifted" in every possible way . My appreciation for Dr. Hendler is reflected in the face of my loving wife Janice , and her sentiments are again "reflected" , on occasion , when she should chance to recall events of decades prior , while looking in a mirror . Although it's been many years since our last patient / physician interaction with Dr. Hendler , ( long enough to have forgotten the names of other doctors of the period ) , we do somehow "know" that as fine of a physician as Dr. Barry Hendler was , he's only gotten better . Dr. Hendler commands my respect , admiration , and deepest appreciation ; I recommend Dr. Hendler as the loving husband of one of his former patients , and as a health care professional , with absolutely no reservations . The "Vitals" system operator is most free to forward any additional inquiries directly to me for amplification or clarification .