A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Barry Hyman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Barry Hyman is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Barry Hyman, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Hyman graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Hyman has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Vassar Brothers Medical Center
- St. Luke's Cornwall Hosptal- Cornwall Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Hyman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 50 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Hudson Health Plan - 2 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Barry S. Hyman practice?
Dr. Barry Hyman practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Medicine, Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, Sports Medicine, and Sports Medicine near New Windsor, NY.
Additional practice locations include: New Paltz, NY and Cornwall, NY.
See New Windsor Surgeons, New Windsor Orthopedic Surgeons, New Windsor Sports Medicine Doctors, and New Windsor Neurologists.