Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

Dishonest show details Dishonest
Sep 9th, 2015

A few months back I saw Dr. Jacobsen. I was never informed by him how much the Reclast treatment would cost. Hiss assistant, Karen, checked with my insurance and informed me that I wad fully covered. i went ahead with it. I have been receiving a bill for $300 some dollars. It was their mistake not letting me know there would be a charge. If known, I would have not done it. I would have taken monthly medication. Of course its more moneyIin his pocket. I was lied to and wil not pay the bil. He takes advantage of his patients for personal gain. I will never go back again.

Inadequate staffing/Unresponsive show details Inadequate staffing/Unresponsive
by Adele W on Mar 30th, 2015

Staff do not always answer the phone and admit there is not enough office staff to keep up with the patient volume. Messages may go several days without a response. Massive communication where my mother was in-patient and taken off coumadin. Dr. Jacobson, with offices in the same building, was added as a consulting physician so she could get the prolia shot on time. Dr. Jacobson was unresponsive and the treating physicians said they could wait no longer, they needed to restart the coumadin. Dr jacobson them told me to call his office when she was being discharged. They could stop the coumadin and she could be wheeled right up to his office. The additional bone loss would be minimal. I tried to call his office to let him know she was being discharged on a Tuesday several times but got no response to messages -- until Monday morning when i was advised they just didn't have the staff to respond to all the messages and now my 91 year old mother, having suffered a fall, broken bones and 3 months in and out of hospitals and rehab centers will need to make yet another appt. Dr Jacobson may be the greatest bone density doctor in the world but if you have to leave 4 messages to get a return call for an appointment and can't get a response, I'm not sure the overall impact is good.

Professional and great bedside manner show details Professional and great bedside manner
by Diane Dreger on Dec 30th, 2014

Jackie and Dr. Jacobson, spend time with you, do not treat you like you are just a number. They act like they care and are very good at explaining things and answering any quesitons I have.

Good Doctor, great Doctor. show details Good Doctor, great Doctor.
by Jeanette Simmins on Apr 30th, 2014

Tell's you what you need to do for your health , he does not hold anything back , explains everything so you can make a better choice with your lifestyle.

Awesome,down to earth doc show details Awesome,down to earth doc
by Carolyn E. on Jan 19th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Barry Jacobson for more than 25 years. I have been through it all, diagnosis of endometriosis,several surgeries for it, 2 pregnancies,both high risk. My first pregnancy involved surgery at 5 months,which turned out to be endo. Dr. Jacobson did the risky surgery,my baby was fine. He is now 24 years old. He did several amazing other surgeries where his expertise allowed an easier surgery with much less recovery time. Even was taken through partial hysterectomy and into menopause with him. He also delivered my twins in a drug free, natural childbirth. I even moved out of the area and still go to see him. He is an amazing doctor!!

I love this Doctor! show details I love this Doctor!
May 19th, 2012

He knows his field and practice well and genuinely cares about his patients. He takes time to answer all of your questions and concerns, and is honest and compassionate about the health of his patients. You are not just another number, and he is very professional!

best doctor show details best doctor
Jul 12th, 2011

always spends time going over everything after check up. Also deliverd last child I had gestational diabetes Dr. Jacobson was great during the whole experience. The only thing I would like is to get through on the phone for appointments. Other than that I have no complates.