Dr. Barry Kent Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Barry Kent?

May 6th, 2013

Back away from this doctor

I went to this doctor for chronic congestion. He prescribed Prednisone, which is basically the nuclear option, without ever trying anything less drastic. Aside from telling me it would give me "energy", he failed to inform me of any of its many, many side effects. He also failed to put in a tapering-off strategy, and I ended up in the emergency room for acute (and very painful) Prednisone withdrawal. He ignored me when I told him I'm a cancer survivor with a compromised immune system, and didn't listen when I told him - twice - that I'm hypersensitive to all medications. In short, Barry Kent appears to be a doctor who has been in practice for too long, and is now just mailing it in. If he can't listen to his patients, or manage their expectations, or take even a somewhat methodical approach to their treatment before putting them on powerful steroids or other drugs, then he needs to end his practice now.

July 23rd, 2011

Excellent

Dr. Kent was fantastic during my first appointment today, as well as his office staff. I had to have the camera to check my throat, he and his assistant, Maria were just amazing through the whole uncomfortable test. Afterwards, he took me into his office and spent personal 1 on 1 time with me to explain my diagnosis.

August 10th, 2010

Caring Sensitive specialist that knows his stuff

Especially a good experience when the doctor wanted to verify a sensitive issue, he called my insurance company to pre-qualify for an MRI of the Adenoid area. Wanted to be 100% sure of the diagnosis. Spent time on the phone conferring with the radiologist. Excellent approach to diagnostics.

August 25th, 2009

Dr. Kent, the Worst!

This was the worst experience I have ever had.I waited over an hour and finally when I saw Dr. Kent, the exam lasted three minutes.He was not pleasant, knowledgeable or helpful .

April 22nd, 2015