Psychiatrists

12810 Hillcrest Rd
Suite B120
Dallas, TX 75230
(972) 233-9961
Locations and availability (1)

|  Meh  |  show details
by LDD13 on Jul 16th, 2013

Dr. Knezek initially made me feel comfortable and was very empathetic. I know if he ever reads this he will know who I am and I don't care. I was very skeptical of medication and psychiatry, but he eased my fears at first. After suffering from depression, suicidal thoughts, paralyzingly anxiety, an eating disorder and other issues, I knew I needed more help than therapy alone.He gave me a new diagnosis (bipolar II) over the phone after he increased my SSRI. How do side effects translate a new diagnosis, after 2 days of upping the dose? I still can't figure it out and neither can my other doctors. He put me on a mood stabilizer for the so called bipolar, but when increasing dosage, I had a BAD reaction. I followed his instructions and went to the ER. He didn't even check up on me. The next time he saw me, he discharged me because I was honest and told him I accidentally took the pill that caused the ER visit out of pure habit. When you get used to taking pills everyday, you do it on auto-pilot. oops! My family felt Knezek was a quack out to get $$$, because his cover photo on Facebook is his large house. Not impressed at all. He also threatened to put me in Green Oaks when I refused to take his high doses of anti-anxiety medication, which made me do "the nod" in nursing school. It was like-all of a sudden he stopped listening to me...it was his way or no way. What a shame, because I did like him. However, him discharging me was the best thing he could of done at the time!!! I graduated with honors after getting off his meds, got married, got my dream job and got back into treatment. I'm seeing a psychiatrist now, who has been voted "D" best, 4 years in a row. He listens and has come to the conclusion Knezek never tried different antidepressants or any other anxiety medication. Maybe if Knezek would have listened, he would in fact know I have depression, anxiety, ADHD and PTSD from past sexual trauma at age 13 and 26. My psychiatrist now believes I am not bipolar, but my mix of symptoms could make one believe I am. It has taken time and effort to sort it out, but we FINALLY got it right!!! I am on a few meds and they work fantastic. Thank God. I hate to say, but I would not recommend Dr. Knezek because of my experience. And in his defense, I am not always the best patient, because I am skeptical of doctors, but truly....he should have listened to me, instead of jumping ahead of himself. As for Dana, his receptionist. She is truly fantastic! She was always so sweet and accommodating. When I requested a copy of my medical records, she had no issue and sent them right away. I thank the both of them for their friendliness and concern, but I'm glad I've moved on to better.

|  Relief is life!  |  show details
May 6th, 2013

I posted this same review on another site today so I thought I'd share it here as well. I've been a patient of Dr. K for 7 years. Thank you Dr. Knezek! I went through h$#@ and back with several Doctors who seem to have the one size fits mentality with regards to medication -SSRI's, etc for anxiety and depression. My past treatment with other Dr's was far worse than my condition. Don't let Dr. XYZ nod his head and write you a prescription just so he can move on to the next paying customer. Dr. Knezek was the the fist doctor that actually took the time to listen and tailor a treatment for me specifically. He's the only genuinely sympathetic and empathetic psych I've worked with. He called me on Christmas eve one year to ask how I was feeling, who does that? He truly understands modern psychotropic medicine and treatment which is something (to my surprise) that other psychiatrist I've seen seem to know little about. I rarely have to wait more than 5-10 minutes, but if he runs a bit longer he does not rush through your appointment in hopes of getting back on schedule. Sometimes a patient may need more attention during a visit. I certainly don't mind if my appointment gets pushed back a few extra minutes if it means someone is getting the help they need. You can't slap a band aid on depression/anxiety and say see ya...good luck with that! I don't typically write reviews, but I'm hoping that someone who is struggling will see this and make the call. I wish you all the best and my last parting comment is that whether you are going through a rough spot in life or you've been struggling for years...DON'T USE YOUR FAMILY PRACTITIONER FOR PSYCH ISSUES! You may love your family doc dearly, but loyalty to a man or woman in a white coat and stethoscope is not the way to go when struggling with emotional or psychiatric issues.

|  FINALLY!  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2012

I started seeing a psychiatrist when I was 19yrs old. All of the Dr.s I've seen in the past were either referred by my school or friends. Dr. Knezek was recommended to me by another exceptional psychiatrist (that my friend works for) in the DFW area. I am a skeptical person so I wasn't sure exactly what to expect and was a little nervous about paying $400 for an intial visit (Dr. Knezek doesn't take any insurance plans). Well, I saw him yesterday and all I can say is "The man can charge me whatever he wants/needs because he is TOTALLY WORTH IT!" He was compassionate, knowledgable, and engaged. I have never felt so comfortable with a physician of ANY KIND. If you are suffering with depression/anxiety, this man can and will help you. I am so excited to start feeling like my normal self again.PS His receptionist is super friendly and helpful, too.

|  show details
May 16th, 2011

Caring and knows his stuff! Helped fix the mess of meds I was on from another doctor in Plano (starts with an M). Works WITH me and respects my input. I highly recommend Dr. Knezek and his staff! This is the best treatment I have received in 15 years and I am starting to feel like me again.

|  Good - Caring  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2011

I have worked with Dr. Knezek for more than ten years. He is caring and insightful, a very good person for meds reviews and prescription. Excellent follow up by the doctor and his office assistant. Intelligent professional.

|  Life Saver  |  show details
Nov 26th, 2010

I consider myself very lucky to have been referred to Dr. Knezek. He is kind, intelligent and professional. I have seen Dr. Knezek for about ten years, and I have been extremely happy with the care he has provided me. I recommend him without hesitation.

|  Very reliable and knowledgeable  |  show details
May 20th, 2010

Had tried to let my ob/gyn treat my depression, things just got worse and worse until I finally decided to see a "real" psychiatrist. Best decision ever. Dr. Knezek is very compassionate and really on the cutting edge with meds. He is determined to help you feel happy, not just "not depressed". I have found him to be very intelligent and always able to recommend new things if necessary. Very flexible and very willing to listen to the wishes of the patient, and is respectful of your knowledge of medications and of yourself.

|  show details
Mar 10th, 2009

He is the best. Would not go to anyone else. Marcia Kanoff, the therapist, in his suite is excellent also.

|  Excellent and Caring Doctor  |  show details
Jan 9th, 2009

Dr. K prescribes medication for those having problems with depression, bipolar, etc. He gets to the core of the problem and works with the patient to find the right combination, or drug, that will provide the patient with a sense of well-being. I would recommend him to anyone as he is the best in my opinion.