Cardiologist (heart)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jul 3rd, 2015

Sure you have to wait sometimes. He's out saving someones life,OK with me. He saved my life twice! First time 100% blockage LAD. He told me they call it the windowmaker! I met him at 53 years old, that's about as far as I would of got if he didn't save me,going to be 61 in a couple of days, with 15 Stents, if I would only listen to what he tells me to do. Gave me 8 bonus years and a lot of laughs! Thank You.

Stay Away show details Stay Away
Mar 23rd, 2015

Waited FOUR HOURS for a 12pm appointment, was brought in as last patient, hurried through my very first appointment with a cardiologist then, when my heart started palpatating because I was forced to walk uphill on a treadmill in high heels (no one bothered to tell me I'd be doing this), the doctor and his nurses FREAKED OUT and started panicking that I was having a heart attack. There was no amount of professionalism among them, just panic and yelling at me. Then I was prescribed a medication I was told I'd be taking for life - after one appointment and not having any other tests other than the hellacious treadmill - and this medication slowed my heartrate down so low I nearly passed out. This appointment was mandatory for presurgery, and my surgeon was so upset over my heartrate I almost didn't have my operation. This "doctor" advised me to, "cut the pill in half, and if your heartrate is still low, cut it in half again." Yeah, because that's science. I will NEVER allow this crack to go anywhere near my heart again.

never again show details never again
Mar 2nd, 2015

never again -hours of waiting for a short visit.

by Shota macharashvili on Feb 11th, 2015

Thank you Dr. Lowell

Excellent Cardiologist show details Excellent Cardiologist
by Gerry Devine on Dec 18th, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Lowell since the early 90's. There is no other doctor I would trust with my care. He is one of the best Cardiologists. Yes, some days there is a long wait to see him but that does not bother me. Would you want to go to a doctor who has an empty waiting room?? He is very caring and takes the time to listen to my concerns. The office staff is courteous and very knowledgeable.

Systems Engineer show details Systems Engineer
Mar 17th, 2014

Unless you like sitting around in a waiting room while the doctor and staff roll out of bed and decide to straggle in, I suggest you pick another doctor. The entire office needs to learn how to tell time and keep an appointment. If you are scheduled for a 9am appointment show up about 30-45 minutes late and you can walk from the parking lot with Dr Lowell and his employees. Poor sense of time keeping and a lackadaisical attitude when it comes to patients and their schedule. Maybe Santa will bring him a watch for Christmas.

Poor to Non Existant followups show details Poor to Non Existant followups
by Just Another Patient on Jan 20th, 2014

Had an appointments for followup exam and second stress test. Exam appointment was again delayed by almost 2 hours without explanation. Once in exam room nurse/practioner offered to take over exam as doc was who knows where. Doc finally showed up halfway through exam again 2 hours after scheduled appoint. Stress test performed several days later, and again Doc not available for consult and never did hear back on his reading as other personnel said he would contact me, if he did any. Had lab work done at docs request from exam visit. Again never heard back on his reading on lab work. Extremely POOR followup practices.

Poor Administrative Procedures show details Poor Administrative Procedures
by Annoyed in NJ on Jul 8th, 2013

Been a patient there for about a year. Staff is generally very unfriendly ! Almost to the point that your bothering them when you show up fo an appointment. Left waiting in waiting room several times 1 3/4 to 2 hours beyond scheduled appointment time without explaination or apologies. Would NOT recommend the facility to any friends. Other patients and a staff person advised doctor is frequently late for scheduled appointments. One doctor appeared annoyed at having to look at other doctors notes/records and misdiagnosed reaction to their performed procedure.

Your employees show details Your employees
by Medical facility on May 8th, 2013

I'm sure you are a wonderful doctor from what I hear. It's ashame that I received a call from your office at (737)770-9255 because someone from my office call you. I wasn't sure who called and told her that I will call back as soon as I find out. She was like "WHATEVER" I've been in the medical field for years, administravely wise and I have never been spoken like this before especially by a suppose professional. I feel bad for your reputation if this person speaks like this. She is very very unprofessional. Maybe you should check out the people who are suppose to represent you.

Nov 13th, 2012

outstanding doctor and a very caring person. Treats each patient as an individual not as a "symptom". If you have an emergency he will be there for you immediately. office staff very nice too.

HE is the best show details HE is the best
Jun 26th, 2012

Dr. Lowell has one great quality that stands out above all - he listens to his patients - especially the women. I have been seeing him for over 25 years and NEVER has he not taken any of my symptoms lightly. He has literally saved my life three times and I can not say enough thank yous. Yes you have to wait in his office but once he starts your appointment you are his main focus. Have to remember he cares about everyone of his patients and that takes time. I will never change my cardiologist. Why would I? He is by far the BEST.

Jun 4th, 2012

Have changed to another doctor due to very long waits for this doctor. Usually over 1 hour and sometimes 2 hours.

Life saver show details Life saver
Aug 20th, 2011

Dr. Lowell made a u-turn on his way home to go back to the Morristown Memorial Hospital to take care of me. I had a fainting/weak spell. He diagnosed my problem, and the next day he & his staff installed 5 stents in my clogged arteries. I believe that he saved my life, and improved on the quality of it.He talked to me as though we were old friends. Great guy.

THE VERY BEST show details THE VERY BEST
Oct 7th, 2010

Dr. Lowell's expertise is above the chart. He is knowledgeable (smart), compasionate, professional and truly interested in your well-being. He takes time to answer questions and give explanations. He is well worth the wait. I respect and trust him completely. He is truly an outstanding physician and person too. You just can't beat that combination!

Jun 20th, 2009

wonderful doctor, very easy to talk to, helpful and communicative. loads of explanations of my condition. Very good bedside manner immediately put me at ease. Truly caring and compassionate. A very good experience.

Dr Lowell is one of the Best! show details Dr Lowell is one of the Best!
Apr 15th, 2009

Excellent Doctor! Just have to wait forever during an office visit; he is always running behind; not a bad thing, it is because he really cares and is spending so much time with his patients; so the wait is worth it! Thank you Dr. Lowell!

Great mix of knowledge and manner! show details Great mix of knowledge and manner!
by -Kicaks on Sep 14th, 2008

He saved my husband from the 'widowmaker' in Denville St Clares: all I can say is THANK YOU!!!

The Best of the Best show details The Best of the Best
by LFW, NJ on Apr 8th, 2008

Dr.Lowell is a wonderful, kind and caring Doctor, He goes above and beyond for his patients!