Dr. Barry Berman MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics Salem, NJ

June 28th, 2013
First, let me say that the other staff in Dr. Berman's office have always been wonderful. However, after multiple experiences with Dr Berman, my husband and I feel compelled to offer this review. Every time one of our children has had an office visit with him, he has failed at adequate diagnosis and treatment. EVERY SINGLE TIME, within 24-48 hours, we have had to consult with Dr. Kouyoumdji, the other pediatrician in the Salem office. Only then would accurate assessment, diagnosis, and treatment occur. In addition to what strongly appears to be either laziness or incompetence in assessment & diagnosis, Dr. Berman has also, on occasion, proven to be very unprofessional, to the point of being blatantly rude. Despite our dissatisfaction, neither my husband nor I have ever been anything but respectful and cordial in our interactions with him. Nonetheless, as the on-call Doctor, Berman recently hung up on my husband after getting defensive when my husband asked which doctor he was speaking to. I don't believe in frivolous use of medical services, so I expect quality care and professional behavior whenever the circumstances do indicate consulting a doctor. After several pointless office visits with Berman immediately followed by my child being in distress that could have been mitigated or avoided, I asked that my kids only be scheduled for visits with Dr. Kouyoumdji. After the recent encounter with him as the on-call Doctor, I realized that just looking out for my own kids isn't enough. Perhaps a bad review will motivate him in a better direction. At least, maybe it will help some cautious parents avoid experiences like we have had.

February 13th, 2012
Would not reccommend
First, the office staff is rude. The wait time is over an hour, we had waited up to two hours before seeing the doctor. My husband and I took our son to see Dr. Berman for our son who had "flathead" at 4 months old. He said it would go away on its own and not to worry. It was very common in children since they sleep on their back. It never went away, our son now has to go through the rest of his life with this condition unless going under surgery to fix the shape of his head.