Dr. Barry Nelms MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Bellaire, TX

• Good
  • Bad

October 4th, 2010
Dr Nelms was very thorough and professional. He listened to my concerns, encouraged and responded to my questions, and explained my problem in language I could understand. Although he is a surgeon, he views surgery as a treatment when all else fails which I greatly appreciate. His staff are considerate and caring. As I was in pain, they did their best to get me in quickly without compromising the care of the other patients. I am so glad I found him!

August 29th, 2010
Safety Specialist
concerns.

March 17th, 2010
Rude & Inconsiderate
I had to wait over an hour to be called in by the nurse. The nurse starting making all kinds of excuses as to why the wait was so long when I was one of the 3rd appointment of the day. I asked how much longer so I could plan my other appointment accordingly and that's when it got ugly. I was told that this appointment was the most important & when I disagreed I was told I needed to calm down and quit being rude. I told him that his statement was rude & that I wasn't being uncalm nor rude. The nurse stormed out to get the doctor. The dr returned and said "I understand you have a problem." I told him that I didn't that all I wanted to know was how much longer before it was my turn, which the dr NEVER answered. After 2 or 3 more rounds of you have a problem, quit being rude, no i don't, i am not being rude, the dr. shoved the manila folder in my face and told me to calm down. I told him to get out of my face and that he still hadn't answered my question of how much longer & isn't he the dr. so shouldn't he know??? We all agreed I would leave and the whole time the dr kept arguing with me that I was being loud, which I wasn't, until I was leaving the office when I informed him & his staff of my opinion of them. NEVER AGAIN WOULD I GO THERE...EVEN IF HE WAS THE LAST DR ON EARTH AND I WAS DYING. I would much rather die!!!

May 25th, 2017