Dr. Barry Oliver MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Columbia, SC

3.1

October 10th, 2016
Duke, Georgetown Alumni, that other practtitoners are jealous
Feel this Doctor (being a person of color) is cutting into the business of other Doctors in town.Thay have said all this dirt about him that just isn't true. He has an adequate bedside manner, a concern for details. If not he couldn't have excelled at those Universities and had a medical career both in the service and outside the service as well. This Doctor has MORE experience then other Doctors in town & they are frankly.. in awe... Don't believe me check out his credentials.. He has served me well for over 30 years and I am color blind when it comes to medical services... All Drs are behind intheir schedule, name me one who isn't...

August 30th, 2016
Great doctor. Worked on my foot

July 9th, 2016
Disappointed patient
First of all the staff is the BEST......however Dr. Oliver bedside manner is the WORST that I've experienced. He seems to not have patience with his patients......I felt incomplete after every visit.

September 12th, 2015
ex patient
Waiting time is terrible! Staff is so so with you. Dr. Barry D. Oliver takes his time to see you. Doesn't take you serious and always thing nothing else but surgery is the answer, instead of trying a brace instead. He hurries up with your visit, never stays in your room longer than two or three minutes tops. Than hurry and sets around appointment when it is not really needed. Because he is not really doing anything doing your appointment visit. Just a waste of your time, I'm so finish with this Doctor.

May 26th, 2015
Seems poorly spoken, work is sloppy, sloppy work, question competency and whether he really has a medical degree

June 18th, 2014
Avoid at all costs!!!
Very friendly, that's the only positive I can give him. My condition was accurately, however, he completely botched the surgery, and my condition is worse than it was prior to seeing him. I deeply regret choosing him. I'm in constant pain and horribly scarred! The surgery was a waste of time and money. Avoid at all costs!

January 14th, 2014
Horrible
I waited three hours to be seen and was very rude.

September 23rd, 2013
Mrs James
My overall pee and post care has been excellent, both of my surgeries have gone well with no complications related to the procedures.

February 2nd, 2013
Dr BARRY Ollver services
WENT TO DR OLIVER FOR A CYST IN MY LEG; HE ACCURATELY DIAGNOSED THE PROBLEM . FOUND HIM TO BE ACCURATE , RESPONSIVE, A DUKE ALUMNI, MILITARY VETERAN AND A FAMILY MAN.

May 17th, 2012
Misrepresentation
Dr. Oliver represented himself as a back specialist, which he is not. Of course, I found that out only after paying for two useless office visits. Stay away from this guy!

May 17th, 2012
Misrepresentation of practice
It took Dr. Oliver and his staff over a month and two appointments to finally tell me what I should have been told when I first called his office--that he is not a back specialist. I was very clear from the beginning that I was having severe back pain. I guess that he wanted to cheat me out of the cost of two office visits before he told me the truth. I am seeking a refund for both those visits which I paid in full out-of-pocket. I am NOT HAPPY!