Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

2.5

Disappointed patient show details Disappointed patient
Jul 9th, 2016

First of all the staff is the BEST......however Dr. Oliver bedside manner is the WORST that I've experienced. He seems to not have patience with his patients......I felt incomplete after every visit.

ex patient show details ex patient
by jane doe on Sep 12th, 2015

Waiting time is terrible! Staff is so so with you. Dr. Barry D. Oliver takes his time to see you. Doesn't take you serious and always thing nothing else but surgery is the answer, instead of trying a brace instead. He hurries up with your visit, never stays in your room longer than two or three minutes tops. Than hurry and sets around appointment when it is not really needed. Because he is not really doing anything doing your appointment visit. Just a waste of your time, I'm so finish with this Doctor.

May 26th, 2015

Seems poorly spoken, work is sloppy, sloppy work, question competency and whether he really has a medical degree

Avoid at all costs!!! show details Avoid at all costs!!!
Jun 18th, 2014

Very friendly, that's the only positive I can give him. My condition was accurately, however, he completely botched the surgery, and my condition is worse than it was prior to seeing him. I deeply regret choosing him. I'm in constant pain and horribly scarred! The surgery was a waste of time and money. Avoid at all costs!

Horrible show details Horrible
Jan 14th, 2014

I waited three hours to be seen and was very rude.

Mrs James show details Mrs James
Sep 23rd, 2013

My overall pee and post care has been excellent, both of my surgeries have gone well with no complications related to the procedures.

Dr BARRY Ollver services show details Dr BARRY Ollver services
by L. FREEMAN on Feb 2nd, 2013

WENT TO DR OLIVER FOR A CYST IN MY LEG; HE ACCURATELY DIAGNOSED THE PROBLEM . FOUND HIM TO BE ACCURATE , RESPONSIVE, A DUKE ALUMNI, MILITARY VETERAN AND A FAMILY MAN.

Misrepresentation show details Misrepresentation
May 17th, 2012

Dr. Oliver represented himself as a back specialist, which he is not. Of course, I found that out only after paying for two useless office visits. Stay away from this guy!

Misrepresentation of practice show details Misrepresentation of practice
May 17th, 2012

It took Dr. Oliver and his staff over a month and two appointments to finally tell me what I should have been told when I first called his office--that he is not a back specialist. I was very clear from the beginning that I was having severe back pain. I guess that he wanted to cheat me out of the cost of two office visits before he told me the truth. I am seeking a refund for both those visits which I paid in full out-of-pocket. I am NOT HAPPY!