Dr. Barry Duel MD Patient Reviews

3.8

November 30th, 2012
Terrible Doctor-not caring at all. Stay far away-you will regret it!

September 19th, 2012
I was referred to Dr. Duel, and found him easy-going yet matter-of-fact. I liked him for my child and would recommend him.

December 29th, 2011
Excellent Pediatric Urologist, Definitely Recommend
Dr. Duel is an excellent doctor. My son has been under his care for over a year now and we have seen him numerous times. His surgical skills are second to none and my son had very little discomfort after his surgery. We were so surprised and relieved! We have always found him to be extremely nice and takes time to converse with my son. I do find him to be direct and to the point...but not in a rude way. Your child is in great hands with Dr. Duel.

October 15th, 2011
Excellent surgeon. Took great care of my son. Answered all of my questions, although he is short and to the point with answers. He knows what he's doing and I trust him completely.

May 26th, 2011
helped my daughter so much!
I brought my daughter to Dr. Duel for "accidents". I was able to get the first appointment quickly. His staff was very nice, and more importantly, he's been great. He took the time to really understand her problem, and she's gone from daily accidents to none.

April 26th, 2011
Recommended pediatric urologist!
Dr. Duel performed endoscopic surgery on my daughter a few years ago. We found him to be a very good surgeon. My daughter had absolutely no discomfort afterwards. As for bedside manner, he can be a bit informal and laid back, but he certainly listens attentively and takes you seriously. He answers questions well and is quite nice and friendly when you talk with him. He is certainly an expert in his field. Overall, I was happy with him and trusted his opinion and surgical skills. Definitely recommended!

September 13th, 2010
I don't know why he deals with children
I was very dissappointed with Dr. Duel. He is very insensitive and does not know how to deal with patients and parents. If you ask him a question, he seems to think you are challenging his medical opinion when in fact, as a concerned parent, you are just trying to understand what is going on with your child. He would look at me as if I was an idiot every time I asked him a question. They may have sounded like stupid questions to him but I am no urologist and wanted to know what to watch out for.

March 1st, 2010
Gave inaccurate information, poor bedside manner
I took my daughter to see Dr. Duel. He yawned openly several times when I was explaining the problem, then scheduled her for a test. I asked if the test would involve an x-ray since my daughter has had many x-rays and I did not wish for her to have another one. He said it did not. However, when we arrived for the test, it was an x-ray, and he was completely unapologetic when I discussed it with him. Also, he is no longer withh UCI.