Dr. Barry Pomerantz MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

March 10th, 2015
I have a lot of allergies and a lot of stress: everything shows up on my skin. Dr. Pomerantz is both brilliant and kind. Handily, he is also quite humorous. I couldn't ask for better care.

June 24th, 2013
Ms.
Dr. Pomerantz is excellent!!! Since his dear office manager, Tabitha, departed, he is not easy to get an appointment with but he's well worth the effort.

January 26th, 2009
Can't keep an appt.
Unless you feel like waiting for an hour or more, do not go to this doctor. He is not so special that you couldn't go to any other doctor and get the same service. I even called to check if the doctor was running late and the staff still told me to come in and then made me wait until I finally just cancelled and left. Go elsewhere.

July 6th, 2008
Office staff amazingly rude - definiltely doesnt deserve business.
I used to see Dr Glass at Dr Pomerantz's office. He was great. I was on a perscription that required monthly refills, & one day the office declined my refill, which they had always approved (with intermittant visits required). Upon calling the office they indicated I needed to set up a follow up appt, which I was more than happy to do as usual. I requested that they renew my perscription for this month in the meantime since I was out, and the next possible appointment was a week away. They declined, so I asked for just a week to tide me over until my appt. I was put on hold for 10 minutes. I hung up and called back again, to be put on hold for another 5 mins. After calling back yet again, they were incredibly rude, finally telling me that Glass was no longer there, & that they refuse to give me any additional refills since this was Dr. Pomerantz's rule. I said I totally understand,but since it was a new rule,can't they at least give me a week to tide me over so I dont have interruption in the medication. To make a long story short, they completely refused, and refused to even talk to the Doctor about it. They eventually hung up on me mid-sentence - it wasnt accidental. The dialogue was literally: THEM: (after ignoring my request for refill): "So you have an appointment set up for next week?" ME: "No, since i've been..." THEM: "OK, BYE!" If she had waited she would have heard that I hadnt set one up yet since Ive spent the last 15 minutes on hold, and then I've been trying to talk about the perscription. But she just wanted to hang up, and did it deliberately rudely. I am not a complainer at all, but there is a huge problem with this office aside from the blatant disregard for customer service. If Dr. Pomerantz were truly concerned about his patient's health, especially those he had inherited from a doctor that used to be at his office, he would not enforce a policy that requires that his patient's care be compromised. Especially when it means just an extra *week* on a medication that Ive been taking for 2 years, we're not talking about a delay of months here. I also have to say, Dr. Glass was a great doctor. He's gone, and the doctor that is still there, who they were going to schedule me with, is Dr. Sklar. Ive seen her before, and aside from her general gruff personality, I've found her to be rushed and has a terrible bedside manor.

June 13th, 2016