A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Barry Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Barry Smith is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Barry Smith, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from University of California at Irvine.
Dr. Smith has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Kaweah Delta Health Care District
- Kaweah Delta Healthcare District
- Kaweah Delta Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Smith accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 88 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 15 plans
- Anthem - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Barry R. Smith practice?
Dr. Barry Smith practices Ophthalmology near Visalia, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Monterey, CA.
See Visalia Ophthalmologists.