Dr. Barry Reisman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Barry Reisman?

Endometriosis

Endometriosis

Have you seen Dr. Barry Reisman?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 7th, 2015

The WORST - Ask the Englewood Hospital Nurses!

I didn't know how to check a Dr. online when I first went to this Dr. I had been diagnosed with severe endometriosis but my Dr who said I had it had moved to Florida. Dr. R said the other Dr's diagnosis' by sonogram 3 times was wrong. and told me to go get pregnant and I would feel better. I wasn't married yet and didn't want a baby at that time. He did no testing to find out if I had it or not. I was in severe pain with my menses and before, he gave me Percocet 5 milligram 4 times a day never telling me to be careful driving. I had never taken it before, only Motrin. I drove 1 hour after I took it the first time, had to call friends to come get me. It was a narcotic and I over respond to them which I told him. 2 years of visits with no end to pain in sight, so I left. My b/f called him once, he said "Oh you know how women complain about everything". A year later I was on a medication that helped from another Dr out of the same hospital (who had horrible things to say about him too.) No menses, no pain. When hospitalized with the new Dr because I had a "chocolate cyst" on my ovary that burst, the nurses on the gynecology floor ALL told me horrible things about him. and that Every single nurse said the same PLUS they called him a "player" tat tried to fool around with the younger nurses. They said he fooled around on his 3rd wife ( a far blonde woman x nurse) not that I care but it shows no sense of morals. I roomed with a girl who he did a late termination of her oops pregnancy with after I left his practice. He had told her the way he had to terminate her pregnancy she would probably never have children when or if she wanted to. Oh & he over billed my insurance My co pay was $35 and he submitted for $500 and more for a basic visit for severe pain, just an examination which insurance paid for. He claimed he did procedures that he didn't and hey paid him anyways. Pricey for no reason and rough examinations ( very painful) My last visit was cancelled, fate as he had a bad medical problem himself b/c of his old age. So how does it feel to be the patient Dr? The nurses said he was mean and nasty to them. I will never know, I have a new Dr out of Englewood Hospital who has class, its a tall man with large hands who made the exam not painful at all but this short little person made it 10 times worse, why? This man doesn't know what he is doing. I am on a drug that is injected every 3 months to halt my menses, helping the pain and no more Percocet that made me feel high while driving with no warning from him. Stay far away if he is medically better & practicing. The worst Dr. in my life, I am so happy I don't go to anymore. Thank GOD I didn't let him operate on me as suggested. The nurses said many of his patients would never have children due to rushed surgeries he didn't know how to do and babies delivered wrong that died in the uterus because he gave a medication to speed up labour so he could go home to his large wife or his g/f's and the babies didn't make it out alive due to cords around their necks etcetera. Shudder!

March 18th, 2014

Not 1 positive word to say

Nothing positive to say. He is not board certified. Stay far away there are much better real ob/gyn's out there.

July 9th, 2011

Dr Reisman is the best GYN i can ever have, he is nice and wonderful person beside being a doctor and i hope he stays with his patient for a long time because i dont know what i would do without him he took care of me when i mostly needed a gyn doctor to treat me no doctor could find my problem, until i meet him, and i thank the person that recommended him. he is an excellent gyn doctor!!!!

November 19th, 2010

Dr. you can trust and learn to love.

Dr. Reisman delivered both my beautiful boys. After my first delivery , he kissed me on my cheek and said "you did it kiddo"Upon my first visit, I was told "don't pay any attention to his office. It will not be fancy or wear a white jacket but he knows what he is doing. I have not been proven wrong.He is a super Dr., very caring and has a dry sense of humor. FYI

February 10th, 2017