Dr. Barry Ripps MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 26th, 2016
After almost two years of seeking out answers for symptoms related to imbalanced hormones, PCOS, and general women’s health challenges my husband and I have finally found a team of professionals in the Panama City area we feel confident in. After just my first visit I felt so much relief! I didn’t even know I had been feeling that heavy, but right away I felt “lighter & brighter”. We have been actively seeking recommendations from three different doctors in the Panama City area and even went to Ohio to the Cleveland Clinic last month to find answers and get a second opinion. Good thing we didn’t stop there…because finding New Leaders is our answer! The time and attention to detail Terri shared with us last week is most attentive any healthcare professional has been with us throughout this entire journey. We trust her judgment, value her opinion, and look forward to our continued journey with her and Dr. Ripps at NewLIFE!

August 10th, 2016
Amazing Experience
My husband and I were very impressed with how we were treated at NewLIFE. Dealing with infertility itself has not been easy for the past 11 years. The office and medical staff were always warm and friendly. Dr. Ripps was always informative and listened to all of our concerns. With their amazing help and expertise, we were blessed with a positive pregnancy test and are awaiting the arrival of our baby boy in just a few weeks! I highly recommend NewLIFE!

July 26th, 2016
I can't express how fantastic Dr. Ripps is! After leaving my first appointment with Dr. Ripps in the Dothan Alabama NewLIFE office, my husband and I both felt hopeful for the first time in years. He ordered testing to be done and he explained the reasoning behind why he ordered each test that we did.. After we completed the testing that he ordered (which took about 3 weeks and his staff was very flexible when scheduling my appointments- They truly worked around my work schedule to the best of their ability), we met with him again to review the results and treatment options. Me and my husband were 100% sure we would need IVF. We were prepared to hear that and prepared to move forward with that. When we met with Dr. Ripps, he didn't try to push us in one direction or another but suggested another treatment option- An IUI with two fertility medications. We did the IUI on a Sunday morning and it worked! The NewLIFE staff was as excited as we were to hear the news! I am writing this review, as I am holding my 9 week old son, with nothing but appreciation for Dr. Ripps and NewLIFE.

July 26th, 2016
couldn't be happier!
I was apprehensive before even scheduling an appointment with "a specialist". The Tallahassee staff made me feel so comfortable before even being seen. Our first visit was SO informative. We learned more in one hour than we had in 3 years of trying with our OB doctor. After the tests were completed, Dr Ripps explained everything in detail, answered our questions and together- came up with a plan. After a few months of diet and exercise, we were ready! First cycle we did oral pills with good response, but no conception. Second cycle we did same meds and added IUI with success! Our baby girl is now 3 months old :) When it comes time for baby number 2, we will call New LIFE.

May 16th, 2016
I wouldn't send my dog to this office. They are rude and after many errors with our treatment cycles (charts being mixed up, sperm being left out on a counter so long that it all died, and constantly being berated) we stopped pursuing treatment with them.

March 18th, 2016
Over 35 with PhD and first-time mom
The first time my husband and I visited the office we met with Ripps and he immediately told us we needed to start with IVF. After explaining to him that we had both read medical journal articles and knew three tries of IUI had a better success rate than IVF, he immediately shut down and had no interest in continuing to meet with us. Because it was close to my job we stuck with them for two years. The nurses were AMAZING though they did try to force us to use birth control rather than allowing me to use my natural cycle (because I had never been on any birth control)! The office staff was not helpful and rude and Ripps has no bedside manners and is not interested in working with his patients unless they do exactly what he tells them. After two years with his office, three IUIs and no pregnancy we gave up on fertility. A year later we moved to Reproductive Medicine (out of Mobile with an office in Gulf Breeze). Dr. Koulianos is AMAZING and after our second try with IUI we are pregnant. He never once suggested IVF or birth control and agreed with our minimally invasive approach of IUI first.

July 5th, 2015
Lap Surgery
I recently had laparoscopic surgery for removal of hydrosalpinx tube, adhesions, and a dye test. 2 years ago I had this same surgery attempted but converted to laporotomy at another office so I was prepared for pain. The lap by Dr rips turned out to be so easy. I rested the day of and the day after but was back at work the following day. If you are having this surgery make sure to follow docs orders regarding mag citrate. Made me have almost non existent gas following surgery. Also make sure to take pain meds as prescribed even if no pain. Following orders will improve the pain. It was a very easy surgery. I am a nurse so I always take doctors orders and pick and choose which to follow but not this time. And it worked for a successful outcome for me.

July 1st, 2015
beware.
The nurses are wonderful, they run the place. They go out of their way to answer questions, and even call you back the same day! While I'm sure Dr. Ripps is brilliant in this field, his dr/pt interaction is very strange and unwelcoming. The office staff ruined this experience for me. Ultimately, we will seek fertility help else where, the stress of knowing you will get a hateful answer after asking a simple billing question is not worth it.

June 21st, 2015
He helped!
Great I receive the best care I can't complain, he did what he could do. My only problem I'm old and I needed fertility medicine.

April 8th, 2015
Love them
After a few years of trying to get pregnant my husband and I searched the Internet and found Newlife, we made an appointment and went to the Tallahassee office (which I love!). Deanna is awesome and helpful when I need her, we finally got to meet dr ripps and he suggested testing that was less expensive after a lot of testing I was able to get pregnant with the dye test but sadly ended in miscarriage, but dr ripps wasn't giving up, he suggested I have laprocopy since my X-rays from the dye test didn't look right, during surgery he found scar tissue which he cleaned off, at my follow up he told me I'm fine now just the end of my tube is a little bigger than normal but nothing major. We haven't gotten pregnant yet again but we are hopeful and trusting in God and dr ripps to make it happen. If I am not pregnant on our own after 3 months we will be looking at other methods to become pregnant.

January 10th, 2015
Great doctor and clinic
Dr. Ripps and his staff are amazing. He is very knowledgeable and easy to talk to. He presents facts in an unbias manner and has a great personality. His staff is compassionate and understanding with the difficult process you are going through both physically and emotionally. It was best and saddest day when I released to my regular OBGYN to carry on my pregnancy. They made my husband and I feel comfortable and we highly recommend.

December 22nd, 2014
All of the staff other than the doctor were incredibly courteous and professional. After meeting with the doctor, we decided to look elsewhere- we felt looked down upon and were made to feel incompetent in our knowledge, albeit limited.