A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Barry Root:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Barry Root, Physiatrist is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Root
Autism Patient Education Vitals patient guide for information about autism, and symptoms of autistic children such as communication, social and routine behavior problems.Before Visiting Dr. Root Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Barry Root, MD is board certified in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Muscle Spasticity
- Spinal Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Root graduated from The Ohio State University , Columbus. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Root has 15 hospital affiliations:
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
- North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Franklin Hospital Med Ctr
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Barry DR Root MD is a male Physical Medicine/Rehab Specialist, has 28 years of experience and practices in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
- Where does Dr. Barry D. Root practice?
- Dr. Barry Root has 2 office locations.
Dr. Barry Root practices Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation near Glen Cove, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Roslyn Heights, NY.
See Glen Cove Physiatrists.