A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Barry Root:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Barry Root, Physiatrist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Barry Root, MD is board certified in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Muscle Spasticity
- Spinal Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Root graduated from The Ohio State University , Columbus. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Root has 15 hospital affiliations:
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
- North Shore University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Barry DR Root MD is a male Physical Medicine/Rehab Specialist, has 26 years of experience and practices in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
- Where does Dr. Barry D. Root practice?
- Dr. Barry Root has 4 office locations.
Dr. Barry Root practices Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation near Roslyn Heights, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Glen Cove, NY.
See Roslyn Heights Physiatrists.