Dr. Barry Sanders MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

May 1st, 2016
Rude and arrogant!!!
Was brought in as a consult for my Mom years ago! Obviously he hasn't changed! He was rude and condescending ! Performed a colonoscopy on Mom and she remembered everything and was very uncomfortable! Wouldn't let him touch her again!! Nor would I recommend him to anyone!!

February 24th, 2016
Dr. Sanders and office staff
Dr. Sanders is fine but needs to take more time listening to patient. His office staff is need of an attitude adjustment and pay more attention to detail. They ordered a unnecessary test and we only discovered this when we checked in at radiology and were told there were two test. We did the test we needed and declined the other. Brought to Dr. Sanders attention. I am sure that is where it will end, too busy needs to get to next patient. Got a bill for the co-pay of which we paid from the start, so they went back in a showed them the receipt "Have to look into this". Again office staff needs a cleaning out , or an attitude adjustment big time.

February 4th, 2016
Terrible staff
Called office a month ago, was told someone would call back never happened , called again today , was told I would get call back in a hour, again never happened, will need to find another Doctor

September 3rd, 2015
Excellent Doctor. Our family has used him for years

July 20th, 2015
Most unprofessional doctor I have encountered. Failed to treat my mother or refer her to another physician resulting in her death from septic shock. Had to be fired before another physician would cross this rude and incompetent doctor.

September 5th, 2014
POOR OFFICE STAFF
THE OFFICE STAFF IS VERY RUDE AND NEVER RETURNS A CALL, YOU COULD BE VERY ILL AND BE GIVEN THE WRONG DIAGNOSIS BY THE NURSES.

April 15th, 2013
Professional
Attitude means so much; each visit I've had with Dr. Sanders over the years, I've treated him like a respected professional, and he and his staff have treated me the same. When I was frightened, they calmed my fears, and made sure I had treatment to cure the problem. No matter how ill I was, they saw me through to wellness. They also kept tabs to make sure I stayed well. Definitely on my list of trusted professionals.

April 11th, 2013
Never again
So it has taken me 4 visits to Dr Sanders' office before it really set in that he just needs to be working on the assmbley line somewhere. How can you possibley find out what is wrong with someone if you don't give your patient time to speak? I would think that doctor with his years of experience would understand that just because he has run a camera up uranus and doesn't see anything of concern that it doesn't mean all your symptoms or pains will magically disappear. He was recommended to me by my GP and because he was closest to me I tried to hang in there but enough is enough. Please, be aware that if you do choose to use this doctor that you will end up doing way more work that he or his staff is willing to do. I'm guessing there was a point in his carreer when he actually cared about his patients but apparently that time has passed. Sometimes I wonder if he remebers who is paying who.

March 4th, 2013
patient
My family and I have been patients for 20 years. Don't understand the other reviews on bedside manner, time and followup. We find Dr. Sanders to keep us informed, courteous, straight forward. Overall, I like Dr. Sanders and his staff.

November 29th, 2012
Caring and Compassionate
Dr. Sanders and his staff take very good care of their patients. He is methodical and steady. In spite of my reluctance to get all the tests every six months, they stuck with me and saw to it that I did what I needed to be safely monitored. I trust this man implicitly.

September 13th, 2012
The best care anyone could ask for.
I changed to Dr. Sanders and brought my records with me. He took the time to review my information and discuss the treatment I had been receiving and made minor changes to it. A few months later on a Sunday morning I noticed blood in the toilet. My wife took me the the emergency room. The hospital called Dr. Sanders. He had them ready a room, came in and preformed a colonoscopy. He found nothing wrong in the colon. It appeared a hemorrhoid had ruptured. Dr. Sanders coming to the hospital on a sunday for a patient he had only seen once impressed me. I am greatful to be a patient of his.

July 24th, 2012
I think Dr Barry is an excellent doctor
I have had extremely good experience with Dr Sanders. He is very professional and diagnoses the problem accurately. His office staff is very well mannered and getting appointments with him is absolutely easy. He will make time available for you if your case needs immediate attention. I have great respect for the med school that he went to.