Dr. Barry Sandoval Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Barry Sandoval?

Diabetic Macular Edema

Diabetic Macular Edema

Have you seen Dr. Barry Sandoval?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 19th, 2017

Patience Patience Patience

Most eye doctors that I had seen before I was a patient of Dr. Sandoval's, would get frustrated with my constant blinking, jumping and wasting of their ophthalmic eye-drops. When they tried to take my eye pressures, I would not only jump in my seat, I would jump out of the way of their eye pressure machines. Dr. Barry Sandoval has both a calming voice and presence, and loves to talk more than me. He directs the conversation towards an adventure that captures your complete attention. Before he long, he hands you a prescription. Once I said you are finished?? He chuckled and said,"Yes". I said, "You took my pressures and put in eye-drops too?"? Still chuckling, he said, "Yes, Yes!

October 22nd, 2015

Basically saved my vision- very thorough and professional. Wait a little long but he spends a lot of time with me at each visit as well- so I assume he spends a lot of time with other patients also - which is never a negative.

September 23rd, 2015

Zero Follow-Up (Ignored Patient's Repeated Requests For Info & Report)

I saw Dr. Sandoval 2 months back. I was assured The Office would email me hyperlinks from which I could glean something about my alleged condition in order to make informed decisions, going forward. I called The Office to request that a report detailing diagnosis and proposed treatment be sent to both myself and my providers. I followed with a registered letter to that effect. The letter was signed for by The office. Do date, myself and my providers, all of whom are the antithesis of Dr. Sandoval in terms of professionalism and follow-up, have received NOT A THING. Don't bother rectifying. You're fired. (Diagnosis and proposed treatment were a little hasty for comfort.) Clearly, patients who tolerate a lack of follow-up and rate Dr. Sandoval well like his demeanor. He is indeed affable. He is, however, not the doctor for the empowered, well-informed patient.

March 11th, 2015

Found autoimmune infection missed by 2 O.D.'s

I had been to 2 different O.D. who told me I just needed to use wetting drops for my eye complaints. Dr. Sandoval examined my eyes and found an autoimmune infection that could potentially cause the loss of both cornea. He sent me to a cornea expert. The infection took weeks of prednisone to fight. I am so grateful to Dr. Sandoval! Imagine if I'd only used wetting drops! Dr. Sandoval also called my PCP asking him to examine me for systemic autoimmune activity. The PCP failed in this regard -- but 2 years later I was finally diagnosed with a serious systemic autoimmune disease. Dr. Sandoval was the first one to recognize what was going on.

May 3rd, 2014

Excellent Experience

I had floaters and was seeing light flashes and I was concerned that I may be having serious issues with my eyes. I had recently relocated to Washington. My wife contacted Dr. Sandoval's office to make an appointment and his highly competent staff had the doctor call. He asked that I come in to his office to be seen that same day. He dilated my eyes and gave me a full exam. I was so impressed with him, I am beyond words on how awesome and kind he is and I am so grateful to have found him. He was very thorough and explained everything in detail and addressed all my issues and concerns. Also, he has some of the latest technologies that was very helpful discerning my issues. Dr. Sandoval is a compassionate caregiver and his altruistic behavior has made him my ophthalmologist for life. I cannot recommend him more highly!!!

April 19th, 2017