OPHTHALMOLOGIST

Found autoimmune infection missed by 2 O.D.'s show details Found autoimmune infection missed by 2 O.D.'s
by Jeanette W. on Mar 11th, 2015

I had been to 2 different O.D. who told me I just needed to use wetting drops for my eye complaints. Dr. Sandoval examined my eyes and found an autoimmune infection that could potentially cause the loss of both cornea. He sent me to a cornea expert. The infection took weeks of prednisone to fight. I am so grateful to Dr. Sandoval! Imagine if I'd only used wetting drops! Dr. Sandoval also called my PCP asking him to examine me for systemic autoimmune activity. The PCP failed in this regard -- but 2 years later I was finally diagnosed with a serious systemic autoimmune disease. Dr. Sandoval was the first one to recognize what was going on.

Excellent Experience show details Excellent Experience
by Dennis on May 3rd, 2014

I had floaters and was seeing light flashes and I was concerned that I may be having serious issues with my eyes. I had recently relocated to Washington. My wife contacted Dr. Sandoval's office to make an appointment and his highly competent staff had the doctor call. He asked that I come in to his office to be seen that same day. He dilated my eyes and gave me a full exam. I was so impressed with him, I am beyond words on how awesome and kind he is and I am so grateful to have found him. He was very thorough and explained everything in detail and addressed all my issues and concerns. Also, he has some of the latest technologies that was very helpful discerning my issues. Dr. Sandoval is a compassionate caregiver and his altruistic behavior has made him my ophthalmologist for life. I cannot recommend him more highly!!!