OPHTHALMOLOGIST

Oct 22nd, 2015

Basically saved my vision- very thorough and professional. Wait a little long but he spends a lot of time with me at each visit as well- so I assume he spends a lot of time with other patients also - which is never a negative.

Zero Follow-Up (Ignored Patient's Repeated Requests For Info & Report) show details Zero Follow-Up (Ignored Patient's Repeated Requests For Info & Report)
Sep 23rd, 2015

I saw Dr. Sandoval 2 months back. I was assured The Office would email me hyperlinks from which I could glean something about my alleged condition in order to make informed decisions, going forward. I called The Office to request that a report detailing diagnosis and proposed treatment be sent to both myself and my providers. I followed with a registered letter to that effect. The letter was signed for by The office. Do date, myself and my providers, all of whom are the antithesis of Dr. Sandoval in terms of professionalism and follow-up, have received NOT A THING. Don't bother rectifying. You're fired. (Diagnosis and proposed treatment were a little hasty for comfort.) Clearly, patients who tolerate a lack of follow-up and rate Dr. Sandoval well like his demeanor. He is indeed affable. He is, however, not the doctor for the empowered, well-informed patient.

Found autoimmune infection missed by 2 O.D.'s show details Found autoimmune infection missed by 2 O.D.'s
by Jeanette W. on Mar 11th, 2015

I had been to 2 different O.D. who told me I just needed to use wetting drops for my eye complaints. Dr. Sandoval examined my eyes and found an autoimmune infection that could potentially cause the loss of both cornea. He sent me to a cornea expert. The infection took weeks of prednisone to fight. I am so grateful to Dr. Sandoval! Imagine if I'd only used wetting drops! Dr. Sandoval also called my PCP asking him to examine me for systemic autoimmune activity. The PCP failed in this regard -- but 2 years later I was finally diagnosed with a serious systemic autoimmune disease. Dr. Sandoval was the first one to recognize what was going on.

Excellent Experience show details Excellent Experience
by Dennis on May 3rd, 2014

I had floaters and was seeing light flashes and I was concerned that I may be having serious issues with my eyes. I had recently relocated to Washington. My wife contacted Dr. Sandoval's office to make an appointment and his highly competent staff had the doctor call. He asked that I come in to his office to be seen that same day. He dilated my eyes and gave me a full exam. I was so impressed with him, I am beyond words on how awesome and kind he is and I am so grateful to have found him. He was very thorough and explained everything in detail and addressed all my issues and concerns. Also, he has some of the latest technologies that was very helpful discerning my issues. Dr. Sandoval is a compassionate caregiver and his altruistic behavior has made him my ophthalmologist for life. I cannot recommend him more highly!!!