Dr. Barry Schaitkin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

October 14th, 2015
Very competent, fast, effective and a very good listener: I feel very lucky to have found him
I was referred to Dr. Schaitkin by my PC to address an urgent condition. He saw me right away, took care of the problem rapidly and efficiently, and found the time to give me very helpful information and advice about the condition. I enjoyed the conversation and learned from it: it was an excellent experience.

July 17th, 2015
Stay away.
Stay away. Can't diagnose. Removed turbinates which ought to be a crime. Refuses to refer to another doc when he can' figure out root cause.

January 16th, 2015
He did everything right! He even sent me to someone else, who he knew, would have the answers! Thank You

December 17th, 2014
great bedside manner
would send my grandma to him

July 2nd, 2014
very satisfied
I was sent to see him from florida and it was worth the trip. he was the first doctor to completely understand my problem. wish he would move south

November 12th, 2013
Great
He diagnosed and then removed a stone from my saliva system, solved a problem bothered me for many years. Based on my experience, everything is good. He seems to be busy and does not talk too much, but as a patient, we need doctors' skills, not sweet words. I like and thus recommend this doctor.

January 30th, 2013
The doctor was extremely knowledgable about my condition. He explained everything and seemed to listen well. I have no doubt that he is the only doctor in my region could have accomplished this difficult procedure on me. I would send my mother and grandmother to him!

October 21st, 2012
less than expected
Doctor Schaitkin spent approximately 3-4 min with me..In the first three seconds of me talking, he said, Ahhh, we are not going to treat it..the rest of the time he spent writing on how much he did for me, so that he charged me $400.00 for the visit. Dr. repeated advice, which Oprah gave us on TV for free, with only difference that he charged $400.00 for this...All my attempts to call the office to discuss the charge of $400.00 were blocked by his money hungry, insensitive staff... No wonder, that I never come to this dr. again...

April 16th, 2012
One of the worst Dr experiences..
It took about 2 weeks for them to see me.The wait time was unbelievably long.After two seperate waiting rooms, I finally got to wait in a private waiting room which took another 25 mins for the 'doctor' to come in. Lol I swear he literally googled it on the computer while I sat there and read off some website which I had already read. That was pretty much it.Even though I am insured they somehow filed me in a way which I had to pay for the visit out of my pocket which I am still dealing with at the moment because they said their Revenue manager says they are unable to change it.. Does that sound fair to you?? Maybe your experiences with this doctor will be a little better but mine was a waste of money and time

August 18th, 2011
Secretary
After seeing both of the reviews, I was hessitant on going to the appt but after my own experience I can tell you that both of the previous reviews I disagree with. He was very polite, answered all of my questions (I was prepared with my paper list)he explained the surgery and the after effects and what I should expect. His staff was just as nice and friendly, so for anyone who needs to see and ENT doctor I recommend you seeing Dr.Schaitkin( pronounced ShakeN)!

May 16th, 2011
After surgery, made it worse.
He said that removal of the stone of the parotid gland was going to be easy. Afterwards, he actually said he ran out of time, left the stone in and made it worse. No follow up, nothing. However, our insurance company did get the bill for about $40,000.

November 9th, 2009
Obnoxious, cocky, rude and a terrible bedside manner. Find another MD