A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Barry Schanzer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Barry Schanzer, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 2 Areas, including Lens Implants Intraocular Lens Implantation and Neuro-Ophthalmology.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Schanzer graduated from New York University.More Education & Awards
Dr. Schanzer has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Robert Wood Johnson Univ Hosp
- John F Kennedy Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Schanzer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 18 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Barry M. Schanzer practice?
Dr. Barry Schanzer practices Ophthalmology near Edison, NJ.
Additional practice locations include: Rochelle Park, NJ.
See Edison Ophthalmologists.