A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Barry Schechter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Barry Schechter, Director of Cornea & Cataract Services, Glaucoma, External Disease & Comprehensive Ophthalmology is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schechter
Chronic Dry Eyes Patient Education Learn about symptoms and treatments of chronic dry eyes by reading Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Schechter Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Barry Schechter, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Cataract Surgery (Phacoemulsification)
- Cataract Surgery Lens Removal (Capsulorhexis)
- Corneal Diseases
- Dry Eye Syndromes
- Eye Cancer
- Eye Cancer (Conjunctival Neoplasm)
- Glaucoma Surgery (Trabeculectomy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Schechter graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Schechter has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Bethesda Memorial Hospital
- West Boca Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Barry Alan Schechter MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 24 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Barry A. Schechter practice?
- Dr. Barry Schechter has 1 office location.
Dr. Barry Schechter practices Ophthalmology near Boynton Beach, FL.
See Boynton Beach Ophthalmologists.