A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Barry Schechter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Barry Schechter, Director of Cornea & Cataract Services, Glaucoma, External Disease & Comprehensive Ophthalmology is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Barry Schechter, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Cataract Surgery (Phacoemulsification)
- Cataract Surgery Lens Removal (Capsulorhexis)
- Corneal Diseases
- Dry Eye Syndromes
- Eye Cancer
- Eye Cancer (Conjunctival Neoplasm)
- Glaucoma Surgery (Trabeculectomy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Schechter graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Schechter has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Bethesda Memorial Hospital
- West Boca Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Barry Alan Schechter MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 23 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Barry A. Schechter practice?
- Dr. Barry Schechter has 2 office locations.
Dr. Barry Schechter practices Ophthalmology near Boynton Beach, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Boca Raton, FL.
See Boynton Beach Ophthalmologists.