Dr. Barry Schultz Is this you?

2.6

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Barry Schultz?

M.D.

Posted on October 13th, 2014

What I know about this former colleague is that, as a "hired gun" for a lawyers firm he testified that I was negligent when caring for a 94 y/o man whose family decided to make some money by suing me and other doctors back in 1998. Schultz's conclusions, obtained from just reading medical records were not really substantiated but nonetheless were very damaging and my Insurance decided to settle the case. Through all the years I frequently thought about confronting this man for his actions, so capable of throwing another doctor "under the bus" without even knowing what really happened. I have been in practice for 20 years and I have always practiced responsibly. Some physicians obtain handsome monetary rewards by working for trial lawyers as expert witnesses and others by selling narcotics. He did both.I felt betrayed, unjustly accused, then; Now, I am convinced that what you harbor in your soul and do to others will affect you sooner or later. From my part, he is now forgiven but he must pay his debt to society.

crooked dr

Posted on April 7th, 2013

was a fine dr.greedy got introuble ashame

patient

Posted on March 27th, 2012

As a former paatient of Dr. Schultz I can not say one bad word about him . He always asked me questions and examined me as well as vitals taken beforehand I was questioned and examined on a regular basis by a man who was sincerely interested in heping me. As a child I rememeber having personal patient care on a prompt basis til I met Dr. Schultz I thought that personal care fronm a physician died in the early 70;s but during the time I was under his care I was given return valls that were NOT life threatening returned to me promptly and that includes Sundays and after midnight. I never had a rude word or attitude from him and was told that I can come to his office and see him at any time without an extra charge if it referred to the reason I was seeing him prior to that. Other doctors charged me for that service. He was genuinely concerned for his patients and being in the medical field I am aware of what proper patient care entails. When it comes down to addiction I feel thaat we all watch t.v. and read and should read the paperwork given to us with our medication . If you are not reading the papert that comes with your meds then it is your own fault as far as addiction is concerned. Unless a doctor is an addict , if he practices medicine within the limits of the law he should not be held responsible for anyones addiction who has been given the proper paperwork and signed for it but ignorantly rtefused to read its side effects. It is called a medical PRACTICE not a PERFECTION and donjt feel it is the doctors fault what thne patient chooses to do. I am responsible for my own actions and believe others are as well and anyone who asks a doctor for medication to prevent the pain should read what its effects are before convicting someone for doing what they have been taught to do in medical school

Shocked

Posted on April 20th, 2011

I'm shocked about the article regarding Dr. Schultz. I have been a patient both for internal medicine and pain management since 2003. He was always concerned with my ailments and showed much compassion and caring. He never suggested that I use his in house pharmacy and he never suggested a higher dose of anything or a stronger narcotic. I by the way, take a very mild narcotic. As far as leaving the room when his phone rings, I would expect that courtesy and we do not know what type of calls he is expecting but the absence was minimal. I cannot believe that he would write prescriptions for the insane amounts of pills that was published in the article. I do not believe that anyone would do that. I too think it was tampered with. Because of patient's who are making a living selling drugs and "scamming" many doctors for these scripts, those of use with legitimate injuries are suffering because physicians are terrified to prescribe these meds. Lastly, I was always greeted with a smile and a discussion followed regarding my condition. At one point, my blood pressure was elevated for several visits and he followed me very closely. When I left, he was also pleasant with his closure.

Posted on April 15th, 2011

Dr.S is an arrogant man who now has been arrested as part of this state's pill mill. In over 4 years he never laid his hands on my sick mother, never reviewed her med's. Never fulfilled promises to get my dad his needed oxygen. Now I understand why! I already had been in process of finding another Dr. for my parents and so glad I did that!!!!!!

my quality of life because of Dr Shultz

Posted on March 30th, 2011

Before moving to Florida in 2004 I was under the care of many Dr's. It took 3 years of agonizing pain, a battery of tests,every treatment imaginable, before I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, disc desease, IBS, migraine headaches, to name only a few of my diagnosis. After three years my Primary MD and my Orthapedic Dr told me I was a chronic patient who would be best served by a pain management Dr., I was 29 years old! I was fortunate to find Dr. Shultz! He monitered my prescription levels, he listened to my problems concerning my personal struggles, he never put me at risk, and I dont BUY THIS CRAP that he's not a good DR. He continues to give me a better quality of life. He's not wreckless, he believes his patients when they tell him their in pain, and he has the courage of conviction to meet our needs to be able to not be bedridden! I believe this patient with that ridiculous prescription tampered with it in order to illegally sell it on the street. I believe Dr. Shultz is an advocate for his patients in chronic pain. I believe that because my life requires prescription pain medication to take care of my responsibilities, and even with adequit amounts, I still suffer every single day. So those of you who don't need to take these meds. maybe you can go to another Dr. if you disagree with me. But don't villanize him beccause a disgruntled ex-patient.

doctor is always in rush to get to next patient. seems like he doesnt care about me. always quick answer and is annoyed if you asak too many questions, he might be better doctor if he lost his computer forever.

Posted on February 26th, 2011

after years of him being my internest i think i wasted all of those years to bill an insurancec company $304.00 to pick up a prescription at his office seems a litte bit much . maybe thhis is why our medical costs in this country is like it is its a shame. thanks fo rth eopportunity to vent my feelings. i have changed internists as of today

Posted on February 20th, 2011

I found him to be very condescending. He told me I seemed "unhappy" -- had never met me before, encouraged me to try addictive painkiller meds rather than have surgery (contrary to the recommendation of a highly credentialed specialist). Did not say goodbye to me when appointment was finished.

Ex-patient...malpractice...he is a "legal" drug dealer basically

Posted on February 4th, 2011

I was a patient of Dr. Schultz for 5 years. I came to him originally for pain-management for a disorder that I had. He got me addicted to narcotics for years and overprescribed higher and higher each time. After a while he got his own in-house pharmacy so he started making money selling narcotics basically (like a "legal" drug-dealer). Around the same time, the pain from my disorder lessened and I wanted to get off all the narcotics. Instead of helping me do that he told me to just stay on lower amounts of narcotics so that he could basically make more money from me out of his in-house pharmacy. I am no longer a patient of Dr. Schultz and I had to go to another Dr. to get me off all of Schultz's narcotics. There is also malpractice involved between me and him and I will pursue. His license needs to be taken away, other patients should also pursue suing him for malpractice because there are many obvious legitimate claims.

should not treat patients

Posted on September 14th, 2010

charged for office visit only to tell all pain management patients that he could no longer write narcotic prescriptions.So you were out of meds and he could only offer to put you on a drug so you wouldn't get sick or he lied and gave you the name of a dr who he said was good but who actually did not write for narcotics!Dr. Schultz cares only about getting paid. He should be sanctioned

EX-PATIENT

Posted on August 26th, 2010

DR. SCHULTZ IS A VERY RUDE DOCTOR HE CONSTANTLY LEAVES THE ROOM ONCE HIS PHONE RINGS HE IS NOT STABLE. HE CARES MORE ABOUT HIS INHOUSE PHARMACY AND HIS PAIN MANAGEMENT PATIENTS. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO HIM ESPECIALLY GERIATRIC PATIENTS HE IS NOT A HANDS ON DOCTOR. HE IS VERY RUDE TO HIS STAFF AND THEY TAKE HIS CRAP CAUSE THEY HAVE TO MAKE ENDS MEET

Patient & understanding

Posted on August 15th, 2010

I disagree with the review that was left by the other person, Dr. Schultz always pays attention to my needs and answers my questions. If I need to see another doctor, or he feels that he cannot treat something then he always suggest another specialist.I would suggest that any patient coming in, right all of their concerns or questions down ahead of time to address with Dr. Schultz to ensure that they are discussed.