Dr. Barry Schuval Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Barry Schuval?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 28th, 2016

Excellent Doctor, A Real Keeper

I try to check out a prospective doctor best I can, read all the reviews and even ask my other doctors about them, as I believe doctors know who to go to and who not to. Anyone after I this Dr Schuval passed the litmus test, so I set up and appt. Thank God he was what I hoped and more! He really listens to you, everything you have to say and will try his best to get you better. A great guy to talk to and very knowledgeable about not only his field but other specialties, a hard to find quality. He addressed my problem and put me on some meds that took care of the problem. I had gone to another endo last year and he did nothing, said just sit and wait if my condition got worse, but when it did he said surgery is the only solution, which I was not ready for, he claimed no medication would help, but Dr Schuval proved him wrong. I feel much better now and the drug is not causing any problems, so I am very happy and will definitely keep seeing this doctor as long as he is around. You cannot go wrong here.

January 26th, 2016

DR SCHUVAL IS A PROFESSIONAL, COURTEOUS & COMPETENT PHYSICIAN

My visit with Dr. Schuval was a very positive and pleasant experience. He impressed me with his knowledge in his specialty/subspecialty, he was extremely warm, receptive, knowledgeable and listens to his patients. I hold Dr. Schuval in high regard and recommend him without qualification.

March 4th, 2015

Staff is rude & unhelpful

Dr. Schuval is fantastic. Caring, listens well & whenever I spoke with him on the phone, the conversations were an exchange, and his answers were thoughtful. I felt comfortable discussing my situation with him....his staff was a different story altogether. The reception staff at the office is unusually unprofessional. Discourteous & if you are a patient person, will leave you waiting for hours in the waiting room, pretending they don't see you or know who you are no matter how many times you've been to the office. They expect you to tell them their job & their attitudes are unbelievable. Getting a call back from his secretary was near impossible and calls to her only resulted in her voice mail and a unpleasant game of 'tag'. Making appointments was a pain too. I avoid going to his office as much as possible. I would give Dr. Schuval 5 stars if I could, however, I subtracted 2 stars as the staff conducted themselves in a shockingly unprofessional manner on a regular basis. Standards in that office for administrative employees was very very low, making the entire experience more unpleasant than it had to be.

February 18th, 2015

Dr Schuval is an excellent doctor. He has a great bedside manner and takes time with his patients. Sometimes there is a wait time but he is worth the wait. Unfortunately his secretary Sabrina is rude and she thinks she knows it all!!! .

October 31st, 2014

Dr. Schuval is excellent and a very nice man. His office is difficult in some respects as they do not get beck to you with blood tests and/or to set up new appointments. Messages left are sometimes not returned by staff. Again the Doctor is great.

July 30th, 2012

Great doctor, horrible office.

Unfortunately, the group practice in which Dr. Schuval practices does not do him justice. Neither does his secretary. I do not understand why he stays with them. Over the years, it has gotten worse too. When I phoned for scripts to do my bloodwork, I did not get them. Renewing a simple synthroid precription was also impossible. But Dr. Schuval himself is extremely qualified and smart. He tries to be helpful in spite of his setting and his pathetic (sometimes malicious) help. I just do not get it.

April 2nd, 2012

If his secretary spent as much time calling patients back as she did leaving her voicemail message with the rules and regulations for patients I wouldn't be writing this poor review. Her voicemail states that all calls are returned within 24 hours (provided the message is left before 4:00pm) and that repeated messages will not expedite a callback. That combined with reviews I've now read online gave me that sinking feeling but at this point I already had the blood drawn so there was nothing to do but see how this played out.... I had blood drawn and waited a week before calling for results. After no response to my voicemail I waited a 2nd week and left a 2nd voicemail. After no response and 3 more days I spoke to someone at the main number and they tried to have the doctor's secretary paged but it ended up with her line being busy, her not answering the page and the operator promising to leave a hand-written note on her computer. Just about 3 weeks now and still no response..........

April 5th, 2011

Liza Marie

Dr. Shuval is a life saver, i had gone to three other doctors who diagnosed me completely wrong. He found the problem and corrected it in just one visit. of course with follow ups. An extrodinary Person and doctor

September 1st, 2009

Excellent Caring Professional

He is absolutely wonderful, spends plenty of time talking to you and is very thorough. I was very pleased with the amount of time he spent with me and am very glad I was referred to him.You will not be disappointed.

April 25th, 2009

Raph A. Cirillo

Very pleases with Dr. Barry Schuval. Extremely courteous, professional and very caring...

April 2nd, 2009

I love Dr. Schuval. I feel confident in his ability to diagnose problems, even outside his speciality, however he never claims to be a know-it-all and would of course refer you to the appropriate specialist. But he came up with answers other doctors did not. He never makes me feel uncomfortable or scolded for not keeping up with my Diabetes management. I have recommended him to other people and they liked him as well.

June 23rd, 2017