Dr. Barry Shaktman MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology New York, NY

June 11th, 2013
Caring Doctor
Dr. Barry Shaktman is a wonderful doctor who cares about his patients. He is very efficient, professional and at times can be a comedian. He is willing to spend time with you and really explain what you should do regarding your health. Dr. Shaktman performed three scary surgeries on me - and I had no complaints and came out of them with flying colors. His staff is outstanding (especially Carmen and Taryn) and always so helpful in making you feel comfortable, good listeners and willing to go above and beyond to make your visit as pleasant as possible. Thank you for all you do. I am a patient and I do not work with him.

April 1st, 2010
I have been going to him for years and he is very thorough and easy to talk to. He won't hesitate to spend the time if you have any questions.

March 26th, 2010
Excellent doctor. He was actually my 4th opinion for a very scary situation. I knew he was the one to stick with because he took the time to get to listen to my opinion and worked with me come up with a treatment that was suitable for me. Staff is really friendly and prompt too.

September 11th, 2009
i adore him! the best and nicest dr. in the world!

September 25th, 2008
Made polyp removal and D & C a breeze!
Can't say enough good things -- and no, I don't work for him! Just a patient who found him to be a warm, nice guy -- fun personality -- answered all my questions without rushing me and, most importantly, made what could have been a scary surgery totally painless! I went to "sleep" (MAC, as opposed to general anesthesia), and the next thing I knew, it was over--I left the operating room completely alert again with not even a twinge of pain then or at any point afterward. A friend of a friend who is a highly regarded ob-gyn in Manhattan strongly recommended him, so it seems he not only has my respect but that of his peers.