Family Practitioner, General Practitioner, Osteopath, Sports Medicine Doctors, Surgical Specialist

Theater District
Midtown Medical Care Ctr
205 W 54th St
Apt 1B
New York, NY 10019
212-664-0030
Locations and availability (6)

3.0

by Scott Blair on Apr 2nd, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Sloan for a number of months for pain management therapy. Under his care I have been able to resume and continue with my normal activities and daily life. Dr. Sloan informed me of future care methods and treatment and he is helping me obtain a healthy and manageable lifestyle once again. Thank you Dr. Sloan.

|  Allowed me to provide for my family  |  show details
Feb 21st, 2014

Dr. Sloan has helped my life in so many ways that I cant describe. I can go to work now and provide for my family without his help I was having to call out take vacation time etc…now I can go to work provide for my family and not suffer.

|  I highly recommend Dr. Sloan  |  show details
by James Ravida on Dec 10th, 2013

Dr. Sloan is a very thorough and understanding doctor. He takes time to make sure that you are informed about your condition. I highly recommend him for his professional conduct.

|  Very Good Doctor  |  show details
by Shaun Singer on Nov 1st, 2013

I think Dr. Sloan is a very good doctor. He does everything by the books. I never have any problem with him. Everyone talks good about him. He is a very good doctor always there for anyone.

by Alec Lewkowkiz on Sep 13th, 2013

Dr. Sloan has been my primary care physician for 20 years. He is a very caring person.

|  Dr. Sloan has helped me a lot.  |  show details
Sep 10th, 2013

Dr. Sloan has helped me a lot. I had back surgery in my lower spine. I had left shoulder surgery, I live in pain every day of my life. Dr. Sloan with treatments and meds has helped me deal with my severe pain. Balance from my pain being 8 to 10 everyday to approx at 5. I am able on a daily bases to function, get through my day and for that I thank him and his staff.

|  Superb Doctor  |  show details
by dawn phillips on Jul 15th, 2013

Dr Sloane is a wonderful kind caring person. His bedside manner is excellent. when giving a physical he's very accurate when locating the pain you are suffering and diagnosing it. I would recommend Dr. Sloane to anyone that's not sure > If you want to know what's wrong with you make an appointment with Dr. Barry Sloan

Jun 27th, 2013

I find Dr. Sloan to be a very compassionate caring Dr., who gave me back my life again. Just doing everyday things were so painful until his help. I would recommend him to anyone as amatter of fact I've told my mother about him. She has terrible leg and back pain and I suggested contacting Dr. Sloan. he's the best!

|  My experience differs COMPLETELY from the two below!  |  show details
by Greg E. on Apr 27th, 2013

To read the negative review(s) about Dr. Sloan, I must admit, I was taken aback! Dr. Sloan is, WITHOUT QUESTION, the BEST doctor I have EVER been under the care of, BAR NONE!! This includes dentists, general practitioners, pain management, specialists, etc. While not every doctor has a "chip on their shoulder", fact is, the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY that I have ever visited, do!! As if their actions/reception toward their patients is, "I am superior, YOU are inferior! I am a doctor, YOU are NOTHING!!" Most NEVER listen, only preach. Most have the bedside manner I wouldn't wish on my worse enemy. Dr. Sloan shows TRUE openness & willingness to LISTEN! He demonstrates care. He's genuine! He offers "suggestions" as opposed to "ultimatums". He empathizes with his patients, not demeans and/or belittles them! He treats patients with RESPECT & DIGNITY, not as though their GARBAGE! I suspect that the negative reviews are from SPITEFUL, EX patients, who were/are MOST LIKELY, up to no good!! Rest assured, if you took the time to read my review, Dr. Sloan is a GOOD MAN!! And the staff are a GREAT bunch of ladies too!

|  Patient  |  show details
by Dana sanfillippo on Apr 25th, 2013

Dr. Sloan. I feel is extremely thorough every visit he does a full exam. He doesn't rush he always spends as much time as needed. He actually listens to his patients and how we are feeling. He not only writes medication for you but he also gives other suggestions. I feel that he is one of the best doctors in have ever been to because besides him being thorough he also gets to know his patients on a personal level as well. If I had to rate him 1 out of 10 in would give him a 10.

|  My Mentor, A doctor that actually listions  |  show details
by Anthony Giovannelli New York on Apr 16th, 2013

Dr.Sloan, saved my life! I was refer to see him by a mutal friend.I made an appt to see hime I brought in my MRI,CT's images with the reports.I had 8 back operations 4 back fusions I'm in pain 24hrs aday 7 days a week. very depressed no motivation to live. I saw so many specialist no one wanted to hear me or help me.Dr.Sloan met with me!he LISTIONED TO ME. and he help me,he's very therow,smart his creditianls are outstanding,he treated the problem,I have and I feel 70% better. I feel like I have life now. Dr. Sloan will explained to you whats going on in terms that you can understand, and he tries to answer every question that you have, you leave his office with a sound peace of mind, also he has a staff that does physical therapy which they are great and friendly is a very caring staff. Dr. Sloan in "MY MENTOR" He's a TEN STAR DOCTOR. I reccomend Dr.Sloan to everybody, and I tell them my story. Thank you, Dr. Sloan for giving back my life. Thank you for listioning.

Apr 11th, 2013

Doctor Sloan has been my doctor for over 6 years. I was basically bed ridden when I first saw him. He is a very caring man. He takes the time to listen to you and make sure you are getting all the help he can give. He makes sure that if you are not feeling well he address every single problem. I wish more doctors were like Dr. Sloan. I trust him with my life. Thank you Dr. Sloan for giving me my life back.

Apr 10th, 2013

Im a patient of Dr. Barry Sloan, he is my primary doctor and im very pleased with his methods of treatment. He listens very well too what i have to say, and i feel like he genuinely cares about me and my treatment, on a professional level. He has a big heart and is a great doctor. His staff is welcoming and his office is always clean. Dr. Barry Sloan is warm hearted, smart and caring. You will be satisfied with his medical services.

|  BEWARE  |  show details
Apr 1st, 2013

Fraud is written all over this practitioner. I was referred to "Dr" Sloan by my physical therapist. After waiting in excess of one hr, I was seen by his assistant Abel. I was given a nerve test. "Dr." Sloan came in about 45 minutes later, more disheveled than any doctor I've ever seen. He talked to me for about 5 minutes and asked me if I wanted any injections or pills. I declined as I thought he was going to teach me how to manage my pain different.y. This was in January. This past weekend I received a DEMAND Letter half-assedly written by his assistant Abel. After following the cell phone number (which pinged to NY & NJ) and not leaving a message, Abel called back. His lack of professionalism and rudeness toward my husband was beyond anything we've ever experienced. Who sends a DEMAND letter prior to even sending out a bill? He threatened to take us to Court if we didn't pay. My 1-hr visit was billed out to almost $4,000. There was never a discussion about his fees or insurance. This man should be behind bars, not working with people who truly need medical help.

|  tortured and suffered  |  show details
by victum on Mar 30th, 2013

This doctor was great at first.I was a victum as a passenger in a roll over car accident.I was in brief coma and was injured from head to toe...........My left leg,abdominal area,upper mid and lower back,right arm and shoulder,and head injury including alot of facial reconstructive surgery.although the accident was over a year ago,i still suffer and can not walk without pain meds and a cain.Every day is a battle.This doctor told me he was sending between 50 and 60 patients to get a lie detector test and requested i do so as well.After reviewing my file and having pointed out all my scars,he informed me I did not have to go for the testing.I entered my next visit a month later and he totally forgot what he had told me and asked for test results.I reminded him and he took care of me that visit but said I had until next visit to get the testing done.I left very upset but 40 minutes later he called my cell and said if i came back and took a urine test in front of him and past i would not have to go for the polygraph testing.I returned and did so knowing i would pass.Next months visit came and......he forgot what he had told me and did not give me my meds.I have been suffering for a few weeks now unable to go to my neuro rehab,counceling,and therapy sessions and can not take care of my father properly who is battling cancer.I can not walk most days and have been threw alot.It is hard to look for a new doc as i am suffering too much but have no choice but to try.I have been left to suffer and feel like a criminal because i was left disabled from an accident i had no control over and this doc has tortured me.I also was ripped off from a polygraph specialist that he claimed was legit.$190 prepayment and then no return calls or communication.Thanks doc