Dr. Barry Sloan, DO
Osteopathic Board of Family Medicine

Dr. Barry Sloan show details Dr. Barry Sloan
by Kristin H on Jun 23rd, 2016

Dr. Sloan is a wonderful doctor he has helped me tremendously with my pain and so many different ways I'm a mother and I need to be mobile he has helped me become mobile again his staff are so nice I love all the girls and they are really nice to my kids you do have to wait for a little bit but he's a very good doctor and his staff are the best

Dr B is an awesome Doc! show details Dr B is an awesome Doc!
by Ladylove on May 10th, 2016

I have been with Dr B for 3 years now. I honestly couldn't ask for a more compassionate understanding doctor. The wait time is long. However that's because he takes his time with each patient, insuring a proper diagnosis.He makes certain to go through everything new and old with my injuries every single time. This man literally has answered me in the middle of the night! Before DR B , I wasn't enjoying life I was simple existing in it. He has given me my life back!

by Tom. on Apr 25th, 2016

Dr Sloan Spine Cntr does care for his patients, everybody has something bad to say after, of course YES it is a long wait just like any other pain management in New Jersey everybody that you see on here is just upset because they got discharged for selling their medications or not following his procedure or doing other drugs he is very strict they drug test blood,urine or swab you don't like it then leave. I'm happy They discharge you right away if you don't follow the rules how it should be for those people out there that ticket advantage of us actually in Pain

by Constance F on Feb 14th, 2016

Dr. Sloan is horrible. The wait time is ridiculous, over 5 hours of waiting in the waiting room consistently every month. Dr. Sloan seems like he is losing his mind more and more every month. He says the most inappropriate things. I walked in and he said to me "Are you going to stop doing coke anytime soon?" And laughed. I do not do cocaine!!! Does this mean he allows certain patients to do illegal drugs?

At your own risk show details At your own risk
by Brian on Jan 29th, 2016

Dr. Sloan is a legal dope dealer. He is sinking the hook so deep into his patients, then for no reason dismisses them saying they don't need the Meds anymore. Only a matter of time before he gets busted. He also admitted to me during a visit that he takes adder all to keep going. Thank god he cut me though cause now I'm clean and feel great. He is the worst type of person.

Unacceptable show details Unacceptable
by Dominique J on Jan 11th, 2016

If you are thinking about going to this doctor, DON'T!!!! He doesn't pay attention to you when your talking to him, not even when you are answering his questions. It feels like everything else is more important, computer games,music, phone calls from other patients or Doctors. Be prepared to wait a ridiculous amount of time. My last appointment was scheduled at 4:00pm, I got out of there at 9:45pm. He discharges people for ridiculous reasons. The worst part about this is there are no doctors to go to so we patients have to take this and it is so wrong!!!!

Dec 17th, 2015

Fell asleep on me nine times asking for my pharmacy number.

You never know what you are walking into. show details You never know what you are walking into.
by Brian S on Nov 28th, 2015

Dr. Sloan has a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde personality. One month he is fine, the next month he has a ranting disrespectful Bi-Polar personality!!! You never know what you are walking into. The appointments are stressful, I don't have a blood pressure problem but when I see him, the nurse tells me my pressure is high. I feel like saying it's this doctor, the extended wait time more than 5 hours, the other patient's mood and anger is why!!! Every time I go, people are being discharged and not for a good reason. I feel like at anytime for no reason, I could be next. It's like the "Soup Guy" on Seinfeld, "NO SOUP FOR YOU TODAY!!!!"

Not enough doctors like dr sloan show details Not enough doctors like dr sloan
by Elleanr on Nov 19th, 2015

Dr. Sloan is a rare breed of doctors who actually care for his patients. He cares above and beyond for his patients working long endless days to see everyone and take his time to listen to the day to day complaints of his patients most who are disabled. He has been in practice for 20 years went to 12 years of Medical school and written books and various articles focusing on pain management. He has been slander by every former discharged patient who have either violated his practice rules policy and procedures or from the LAW MAKERS or DEA who know how much pain the patient is in and what is needed to treat his or her pain. It's a shame there are not more doctors out their who believe in helping and caring for a patients medical needs that they work endless hours to help those in need of help and those who can't find relief elsewhere. He will work with his patients on researching their condition and will help treat your pain with various medical treatments and medications that work. There are NOT ENOUGH DOCTORS OUT there that care about the needs of his/her patients who work strictly for the patient not the insurance company not the DEA or Medical Boards or pharmaceutical company he works to help the needs of his patients. It's sad he is a rare breed of doctors who will actually listen and care while staying within the grueling guidelines of the law making it difficult for those who suffer to find anyone to help you with your condition and needs. He doesn't take lavish vacations wear fancy suits he is just a humble doctor trying to make a difference in the lives of his patients and their loved ones. Their is not enough money U can be paid to do what he does and it appears to be a thankless job by many of his former or present patients who have sat and complained on wait times perhaps a local emergency room would be a quicker solution to your medical problem. It seems to be a lot of complaints and not enough applause for a doctor who actually CARES ABOUT HIS PATIENTS and so little care about his time caring for everyone working long tiring days while fighting off Lawmakers and policy change

Nov 11th, 2015

Excellent Doctor. Always goes the extra mile to help patients. Up to date on all new procedures and medications. Also natural methods.

Worst Doctor I ever saw! show details Worst Doctor I ever saw!
by Marie on Oct 28th, 2015

Dr. Sloan is the worst doctor I ever saw! With having a bad back and being sent to this doctor and that doctor, he truly holds the title for the worst doctor!!! It is a shame that I went from one of the Best doctors, Dr. Dov J Rand to the worst doctor, for a poor act of judgement. I was being treated with Dr. Rand for 5 1/2 years. He gave me my life back. Then losing him to this unkept, disorganized, scatter brained "so called doctor", was a shock. After 6 months of ridiculous ridicule, being mistreated, disrespected, and basically humiliated by Dr. Sloan he discharged me for "conflict of interest" because he was also treating a family member. He threw me to the wind with no lowering of my meds or consideration of my medical well being. This Dr. Needs a healthy dose of being charged by the Medical Board for Medical Malpractice, Medical abandonment, Medically Negligent. He left me to withdrawal of my medication. Left me to be almost incapacitated to the point I can hardly function from my pain. I can not take care of my family, I can not attend my sons football games, or even make him meal. The pain is definitely debilitating. This doctor should not have a medical license!!!!! As for getting a new doctor it's not easy, It's been several months of constant searching and I still can not find a doctor to take me as a patient because every doctor I have called basically is not taking new patients, or a lengthy process for an acceptance. Which I don't mind, So here I am left suffering. Beware this doctor, in the months I did see him he discharged patients for reasons such as mine, not bringing or even accidentally forgetting the bottles, for complaining because of the ridiculous wait time of 5 to 6 hours (no joking about this), complaining to other patients in the office about his rotten demeanor, and etc.....baseless accusations. He does not deserve a 1 star rating in my opinion!!!!

Pill pusher show details Pill pusher
by John doe on Oct 18th, 2015

The first time on my interview with Barry Sloan he told me he does back round checks and if u have a criminal background he can't see you I been receiving pain management for 5 years already and wanted to change doctors I was referred to Barry Sloan through word of mouth and he interrogated me like I was a criminal and told me he can't see me cause I have a criminal background which was 35 years ago and then gave me a discharge letter slandering my character he just don't I'm getting a lawyer for this. And I know a few people there with criminal records and he's treating them and turned me away and I been in crucial pain for 2 months.

Sep 15th, 2015

Very unkept, makes you shut up and wait until he is ready for you, falls asleep on you. Turns what should be a half an hour appointment into three hours. ABSOLUTELY NO BED SIDE MANNER!!! I honestly wouldn't send my worst enemy to this so called Doctor

one in a million doctor show details one in a million doctor
by Charlotte Giarratano on Sep 4th, 2015

One of the most compassionate doctors I have ever seen! And I have seen hundreds. Sincerely cares for me and shows much sympathy for all I have been through and am still fighting. I suffer from so many ailments-I am a doctor's dream. But, Dr. Sloan just wants me to get the best care possible for my conditions. I just wish the DEA would stop hassling doctors as they are making it difficult for genuinely sick patients like myself to get treatment that works for us. So many doctors are afraid of being hassled that they are afraid to medicate patients. The pill epidemic caused this problem and patients have to start fighting back to get the quality care we used to from doctors. This does not have anything to do with Dr. Sloan, though. He does what he has to for the patient first, without fear of the DEA. He has a great bedside manner. I am a tough woman, but inside I am crying and afraid of the disease I have and the other ailments that torment me daily. Dr. Sloan always eases that fear with his remarkable sense of humor and genuine human compassion. Thanks Dr. Sloan. I love you for helping me.

by Sue on Jul 23rd, 2015

I saw Dr. Sloan only a few times, it was a nightmare. My blood pressure was high, and my mood was affected for the day due to the appointment. Each time I waited a ridiculously extensive amount of time, over 3 hours each time and 5 hours the last time. The first glance of Dr. Sloan sets you back. He is completely disheveled, with wrinkled clothes hanging off of him, pants that have to be 5 times too large, held up by suspenders, shirt half tucked in, messy hair, a hoard of plastic bags with a lot of "Stuff". He makes calles during the appointment, he called a patient during my appointment to tell him he was discharging him because a drug test came back positive with illegal drugs. He called another doctor and discussed a patients medical history, and diagnosis as well. He eats during appointments, spitting as he talks, and the odor from the food is so over powering. During the physical part of the exam, he pushed and pulled me in all directions without ease or a concern that he would hurt me. It brought me to tears. He goes thru emails and will cut you off to listen to voicemails or answer a cell call. Shockingly He has even fallen asleep during my appointment, he dozed off for a few seconds I called his name a few times and got up and shook his shoulder. If it was not for his assistant Brony pushing him along and intervening the wait time would be longer. The officer girls changed the amount of appointments per hour he had to try to alleviate the wait time to 3 patients an hour. But The wait time is still ridiculous. The last appointment I had he had 2 new patients scheduled for the same time as mine, an hour each minimum, We were told by his assistant , But it was about an hour and 20 minutes each with 6 patients waiting besides the new patients. With that backup you would think he would have pushed the rest of us along, he did not, at about the 3 hour point more patients started to arrive for their appointments. The amount of arguing and complaining was at a loud uproar. When a statement was made from an aggitated ofc staff to a patient who was complaining, everyone can go ahead and keep complaining because when Dr. Sloan gets angry enough he will walk out and there will not be a doctor to see them and write their scripts. What will they do then? Im not a complaining kind of patient but people need to be warned about Dr. Sloan, He is the worst doctor I have ever seen. Reguarding the wait time he spent with me was spent talking on personal and other business calls, emails, text messages, eating, or a nap. While speaking with the other aggitated patients in the office this is his normal behavior. I feel I can not express in words enough to anyone considering on using Dr. Sloan to keep looking, as hard as it was to find another doctor to use it was worth it to not have to go back and wait in that office to see him again. Truly the best doctor I have ever seen was Dr. Dov Rand, whose practice this is, is being ruined by Dr. Sloan. Dr Rand built his practice to a success and it has gone down hill since he has taken his hiatus. PLEASE RETURN TO YOUR FAITHFUL PATIENTS DR. RAND.

Very Good Doctor show details Very Good Doctor
by J Collins on Jun 10th, 2015

Very nice Doctor he takes his time and makes sure your alright he go by the book no short cuts Pro Fessional

Jun 8th, 2015

The doctor diagnosed me incorrectly and did not listen to me when I explained my symptoms. Cost me countless hours and money. His staff are rude and seem comfortable with being mean to the patients. I changed doctors after my last visit. When I went back to get my records a woman asked why I was changing doctors. I explained the wait, the disrespect and the frustration. At that point, the woman with whom I spoke started arguing with me and told me to get out and to not speak to any office patients. This place is horrible. Please, if you are seeing him at a different office than the midtown location, understand, he wears different faces for different people.

Drug dealer show details Drug dealer
by joe Mckane on Apr 14th, 2015

Dr. Sloan is a PILL PUSHER!!!! He asked me what i want and or over a year prescribed me 240 30mg oxycodones, 180 methadones, opana and whatever else i wanted and for no reason let me go and said he doesnt think i need them anymore. The devil and waits were regularly 5 ours or more.

by A.L. on Jan 30th, 2015

Dr. Sloan has given me my life back! I was able to graduate college, while working and supporting my family! Dr. Sloan is the most considerate doctor I have ever met.

Huge help! show details Huge help!
by Debbie on Dec 18th, 2014

Dr. Sloan has been a huge help in my life for the past year with medication and medical advise. He is knowledgeable and a wonderful person.

by JS on Dec 11th, 2014

I have been very happy with my experience with Dr. Sloan. He has helped me with all of my medical needs and has been very kind. I would recommend Dr. Sloan to anyone with medical problems. He is a great doctor and a pleasant person who has helped me tremendously!

by Pandora Dolt on Nov 14th, 2014

My visit thus far has been to my satisfaction and I look forward to having great experience with Dr. Sloan and would recommend his services to anyone

Kind and Wonderful show details Kind and Wonderful
by Steve Terry on Oct 9th, 2014

Dr. Sloan is a kind and wonderful doctor who is very caring and thorough to my needs. He takes the time to talk and consult with you over your individual situation which is extremely important to me.

Lower back pain show details Lower back pain
by V.C. on Jul 24th, 2014

Dr. Barry Sloan , has been a great answer to my lower back pain and has always answered any of my questions I may have about upcoming and new procedures for my lower back pain. He is always professional and understanding to my dilemma and is always full of knowledge on how to make the pain less part of my life.

by Scott Blair on Apr 2nd, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Sloan for a number of months for pain management therapy. Under his care I have been able to resume and continue with my normal activities and daily life. Dr. Sloan informed me of future care methods and treatment and he is helping me obtain a healthy and manageable lifestyle once again. Thank you Dr. Sloan.

Allowed me to provide for my family show details Allowed me to provide for my family
Feb 21st, 2014

Dr. Sloan has helped my life in so many ways that I cant describe. I can go to work now and provide for my family without his help I was having to call out take vacation time etc…now I can go to work provide for my family and not suffer.

I highly recommend Dr. Sloan show details I highly recommend Dr. Sloan
by James Ravida on Dec 10th, 2013

Dr. Sloan is a very thorough and understanding doctor. He takes time to make sure that you are informed about your condition. I highly recommend him for his professional conduct.

Very Good Doctor show details Very Good Doctor
by Shaun Singer on Nov 1st, 2013

I think Dr. Sloan is a very good doctor. He does everything by the books. I never have any problem with him. Everyone talks good about him. He is a very good doctor always there for anyone.

by Alec Lewkowkiz on Sep 13th, 2013

Dr. Sloan has been my primary care physician for 20 years. He is a very caring person.

Dr. Sloan has helped me a lot. show details Dr. Sloan has helped me a lot.
Sep 10th, 2013

Dr. Sloan has helped me a lot. I had back surgery in my lower spine. I had left shoulder surgery, I live in pain every day of my life. Dr. Sloan with treatments and meds has helped me deal with my severe pain. Balance from my pain being 8 to 10 everyday to approx at 5. I am able on a daily bases to function, get through my day and for that I thank him and his staff.

Superb Doctor show details Superb Doctor
by dawn phillips on Jul 15th, 2013

Dr Sloane is a wonderful kind caring person. His bedside manner is excellent. when giving a physical he's very accurate when locating the pain you are suffering and diagnosing it. I would recommend Dr. Sloane to anyone that's not sure > If you want to know what's wrong with you make an appointment with Dr. Barry Sloan

Jun 27th, 2013

I find Dr. Sloan to be a very compassionate caring Dr., who gave me back my life again. Just doing everyday things were so painful until his help. I would recommend him to anyone as amatter of fact I've told my mother about him. She has terrible leg and back pain and I suggested contacting Dr. Sloan. he's the best!

My experience differs COMPLETELY from the two below! show details My experience differs COMPLETELY from the two below!
by Greg E. on Apr 27th, 2013

To read the negative review(s) about Dr. Sloan, I must admit, I was taken aback! Dr. Sloan is, WITHOUT QUESTION, the BEST doctor I have EVER been under the care of, BAR NONE!! This includes dentists, general practitioners, pain management, specialists, etc. While not every doctor has a "chip on their shoulder", fact is, the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY that I have ever visited, do!! As if their actions/reception toward their patients is, "I am superior, YOU are inferior! I am a doctor, YOU are NOTHING!!" Most NEVER listen, only preach. Most have the bedside manner I wouldn't wish on my worse enemy. Dr. Sloan shows TRUE openness & willingness to LISTEN! He demonstrates care. He's genuine! He offers "suggestions" as opposed to "ultimatums". He empathizes with his patients, not demeans and/or belittles them! He treats patients with RESPECT & DIGNITY, not as though their GARBAGE! I suspect that the negative reviews are from SPITEFUL, EX patients, who were/are MOST LIKELY, up to no good!! Rest assured, if you took the time to read my review, Dr. Sloan is a GOOD MAN!! And the staff are a GREAT bunch of ladies too!

Patient show details Patient
by Dana sanfillippo on Apr 25th, 2013

Dr. Sloan. I feel is extremely thorough every visit he does a full exam. He doesn't rush he always spends as much time as needed. He actually listens to his patients and how we are feeling. He not only writes medication for you but he also gives other suggestions. I feel that he is one of the best doctors in have ever been to because besides him being thorough he also gets to know his patients on a personal level as well. If I had to rate him 1 out of 10 in would give him a 10.

Apr 11th, 2013

Doctor Sloan has been my doctor for over 6 years. I was basically bed ridden when I first saw him. He is a very caring man. He takes the time to listen to you and make sure you are getting all the help he can give. He makes sure that if you are not feeling well he address every single problem. I wish more doctors were like Dr. Sloan. I trust him with my life. Thank you Dr. Sloan for giving me my life back.

Apr 10th, 2013

Im a patient of Dr. Barry Sloan, he is my primary doctor and im very pleased with his methods of treatment. He listens very well too what i have to say, and i feel like he genuinely cares about me and my treatment, on a professional level. He has a big heart and is a great doctor. His staff is welcoming and his office is always clean. Dr. Barry Sloan is warm hearted, smart and caring. You will be satisfied with his medical services.