Dr. Barry Straus MD Patient Reviews

3.0

November 17th, 2016
Uneducated Staff and Unfeeling Doctor
Office staff is uneducated and was rude and unable to resolve a simple paperwork issue. Dr. Strauss only cares about $ and wants cash patients. He met with me for less than 3 minutes over the 20 times I saw him. He has no interest in your pain issues, just wants to pass out prescriptions and get paid.

June 16th, 2016
Very Bad Staff Experience
Was referred to this clinic by my PCP of 10 years due to lingering/chronic pain from a very bad motorcycle accident in 2009. My first (and only) appointment was good - Dr. Strauss seemed interested in honestly managing my pain, asked good questions, conducted a thorough exam, and prescribed medication. I took the prescription to CVS my long-time pharmacy who, after three days, said they couldn't fill some of the medication (Butrans patch) and were working through it with my insurance (Humana) and the doctor's office. I called the doctor's office that day, got a recording, and left a detailed message. I waited another 3 days and called CVS - they said they had left messages at the clinic but nobody had called back. I again called the clinic, again getting a recording, and left another message. A week later same thing - called clinic and left message, no call back to me or to CVS. A week later same thing - message left at clinic, no call back to me whatsoever. I finally got a live someone at the clinic three weeks after my appointment. The lady said they didn't have time to be on the phone all day with my insurance, that it would be smoother if I just paid cash, and was talking over me and wouldn't give me an opportunity to even explain in detail the issues. I had reluctantly agreed to the referral by my PCP because I needed pain management not just a pill. I think the pain clinic doctor is a good doctor but the clinic staff did not care about me as a patient. The waiting room was full of people that I absolutely knew were there for one reason, and I had hoped that this clinic would help me manage my condition, but in the end they showed that they didn't care about treating - only cared about writing prescriptions and having cash paying customers. I have just today been referred to another clinic by my PCP but I'm thinking about just giving up and living with my pain without treatment. I am almost 60 and had the following injuries - broken left ankle, broken left leg, fractured pelvis, 7 broken ribs (in multiple places), bilateral collapsed lungs, broken clavicle, broken scapula, broken left arm, broken left wrist, severe nerve damage, head injury resulting in bleeding in the brain - all from one wreck where a girl turned in front on me (and I had on full gear). Does anyone know a real clinic that can help manage pain? Does one even exist?

May 24th, 2016
Pill Mill!!!!
This is simply a pill mill...rude office staff and no care about the general well being of the patient...I wouldn't recommend this office to anyone....they constantly push higher dosages and stronger meds on my 69 year old mother to make a profit...furious with this facility...my mother started out on 20 mgs of hydrocodone and is now on 50 mgs and shots and now benzodiazapines as well...

January 26th, 2016
Dr barry strauss is someone I would highly recommend.

November 21st, 2015
This guy see's 100+ patients a day. He comes in gives me my prescription and leaves. He spends 3 minutes with me. If I attempt to ask him questions he becomes agitated. This guy is nothing but a pill mill, see as many people as he can.

April 15th, 2015
Feel no confidence that he truly applies himself to finding answers to the injury. It's basically cattle in/out.

September 10th, 2014
Disappointed
I had to go to the emergency room. Found out I had to have surgery. The doctor there told me to get in touch with my doctor. I called Dr. Straus office. They would not let me finish what the doctor told me to tell them. Very Rude. Hung up on me.

June 3rd, 2014
My experience with Dr Barry Straus was short, but has left me with an error in my medical records that may last forever. I came to see Dr Straus for pain management as I have had several back surgeries and have back pain as well as nerve pain primarily in my left leg. At my first appointment I was asked what medications I had been taking and one of the medications listed in the records is Percocet. As is normal procedure I took a drug test. I was going through financial problems due to medical issues and had to move to middle Georgia. I contacted Dr Straus' office to let them know that I was moving, but still wanted to keep seeing Dr Straus until I found a new physician. The person I spoke with told me that I could no longer be Dr Straus' patient. I assumed it was due to moving, but after having severe problems getting a pain management physician to see me I started to wonder what had happened. Months later I got copies of the medical records and found out that the drug test I had taken was listed as positive due to the presence of oxycontin, one of the parts of percocet. This was the primary reason why I had so many problems finding a new doctor. When I called Dr Straus' office to try to rectify the situation I was told that Dr Straus would not amend the drug test because I didn't come back for a follow up appointment. The person also asked why I had waited so long to complain. The answer is simply that I had just found the place in the doctor's notes showing where he had written down that I was taking Percocet. I find it beyond belief that when confronted with uncontrovertible evidence that the drug test incorrectly listed as failed Dr Straus refused to change the result in the medical records. Also, when I tried to tell Dr Straus some of the symptoms he told me he didn't care. The office staff that I interacted with, with the exception of Kim, were unfriendly and difficult to deal with. In my records someone made the mistake of listing the nerve pain I experience as being in my right leg instead of the left. I would not recommend Dr Straus. As you might guess I did not leave his practice with a good opinion.

October 8th, 2013
The office staff and Dr.Straus are very rude. I am on a fixed income and asked the Doctor is he would please see me every other month instead of every month at the cost to me $100.00 a visit . The Doctor said NO. I explained I already owe him half for the last visit. Still NO. The office staff was rude. Have to wait 30 minutes or more to see Doctor. He spends no time with me. He is just there to see as many people as he can. This guy and office are just a drug pill factory.

February 26th, 2010
Quack
This doctor is a quack!! He gives so much medicine out that you cannot even feel your face let alone find out what is wrong. He does procedures the wrong way and no follow up. Stay away unless you want to be worse off!!