Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
MR show details MR
by CHRIS P on Dec 19th, 2014

I went to see Dr Vaught and found him very concerned about my health needs. His demeanor was very professional and he assured me the problems I had with my first dr would not occur with him. I had 3 other visits with his Pa who was so kind and seemed concerned about my health overall. The Pa and I had a conversation about changing my meds due to side effects and she assured me that if this did not work she would switch back. After a month my feet started hurting real bad and I called in and left a voice mail. I received a call back from a lady who advised that she would call in a prescription and told me 30 mg of a med that I was already taking 30 and that would not work. After I voiced my complaint, she said that she was just the messenger and offered no recourse to change the med. I got upset and told her that I would just see a Dr who would. I called back the next day and spoke to a different lady who stated it was 60 mg at which time I said that this is not what was told me and she said it was. I asked for Dr Vaught to call me. To this day I have never got a call from anyone and my reg Dr gave me the prescription. I am very disappointed because I really like this office and now I feel I cant trust them

Very pleased with the care I get at Vaught Neurology show details Very pleased with the care I get at Vaught Neurology
by Ellen M. on Apr 21st, 2014

I don't have any problems with him or the other providers in his practice. They have always been kind and attentive every time. If I had a complaint, it's that I see the nurse practitioners more than the doctor himself, but then again, maybe it's a good thing, being indicative of my continuing progress. He almost always stops by when I am being seen by another provider, and he's always available for questions, etc. I feel he is trustworthy and reliable, and knows what he's doing. All in all, I am happy with the care he provides.

Did not make it past front office staff show details Did not make it past front office staff
Sep 30th, 2013

Waited 2 months for first appointment. Drove one hour to office. Was running 10 minutes late so called office and left message letting staff know. When I arrived, front office staff (she had short black hair) was incredibly rude with poor body language and rude tone of voice, telling me she did not get the message and was unsure if the doctor would even bother to see me now. Her demeanor ALONE was enough for me to turn around and leave immediately. I did not bother to see the doctor. If THIS is the kind of people he hires to represent him, I have no interest in being his patient. Drove one hour straight back home. WILL NOT ever see this doctor, nor recommend him, and will let my referring doctor know of my experience.

No good show details No good
Feb 22nd, 2013

This doctor was rude. Seem not to care about the needs of patient. The receptionist was nice. However, rest of the staff were not friendly.

Not for me! show details Not for me!
Jan 28th, 2013

Dr Vaught is very rude and unresponsive to my needs as a patient. He would not let me get a word in edge wise and did not seem to care about my concerns. I got so frustrated with him that I left his office in tears!! Will not got back!!!!!!!!

Rude and impatient show details Rude and impatient
May 14th, 2012

Dr. Vaught was very rude and interrupted me multiple times. He wouldn't allow me to answer the questions he had just asked me. It seemed as he didn't care about my health concerns as i am proactive about my health care and like to have questions answered. I will never return to see him.

THE BEST NEUROLOGIST IN BECKLEY, WV show details THE BEST NEUROLOGIST IN BECKLEY, WV
Aug 8th, 2010

If you are looking for a GREAT NEUROLOGIST ONE WHO is CONCERNED, CARING and WILLING TO LISTEN about your HEALTH ISSUES.PLEASE get an appointment or referral today with Dr. Barry K. Vaught. I went to another Neurologist before visiting and getting a referral to Dr. Vaught and it seemed like I was just being a guineau pig/someone to test out new medications on. The doctor I was going to kept switching me from medication to medication to medication without helping me. Doctor Vaught LISTENED to what I was saying and what I told him about the other Neurologist had done and I am finally getting straightened out with my medical problem slowely but surely.THANKS---DOCTOR VAUGHT---YOU ARE THE GREATEST.