A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Barry Wood:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Barry Wood is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Barry Wood, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Education & Awards
Dr. Wood graduated from University of Kansas , Kansas City.
Dr. Wood has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Bates County Memorial Hospital
- St Lukes Hospital Of Kansas City
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Wood accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Humana - 14 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Anthem - 2 plans
- Family Health Partners - 2 plans
- Missouri Medicaid - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans