Dr. Barry Yarckin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Barry Yarckin?

December 2nd, 2014

I used to swear by Dr. Yarckin. Our family has been using him for 20+ years. However sadly about a month ago after several misdiagnoses between him and Dr. Obrien and my Daughter getting worse. I called the office and got major attitude from his staff and foremost Robin who has been with him a great time. I LOVED his office. However I feel they are on completely different pages between the two pediatricians and the staff is terribly rude now. When I explained my problem to the nurse that called back she simply stated "Oh well. Whatever send us the release papers" THAT IS THE LAST YOU WILL SEE OF OUR FAMILY. I will continue to warn others about this terrible experience we have encountered.

February 18th, 2013

I liked Dr. Yarckin a lot but it was his staff I had a problem with. My son is on some medicine that he takes everyday, I would have to call a few days before we were out and they would have the Dr. Sign me another month prescription. They weren't always pleasant with me but I liked the Dr. So I put up with it. One day when I called I had 3 days left they said the Dr. Was out of town for the week and I couldn't get a prescription. I asked if their was a Dr. On call that could do it, it is very important for my son to keep on his meds. They were rude and said to bad their is nothing we can do. I call and talked to his nurse and she said the same the Dr. On call is only for emergencies and this is not an emergency I need to give them over a week in the future so this doesn't happen. Well I found a new Dr. Stephanie Crum and she is wonderful. She saw him that week wrote the script, we saw hera month later and she wrote out 2 scripts so I don't need to call every month. The law is so they can write out 3 months in advance, this office just does not want to do that.

August 18th, 2012

In it for the money

Was sent a letter from the office stating my kid needed shots. Immediately called office to make appointment. Took time off work to drive to his office with my kid. When we arrived, was told by nurse that my kid did not need shots after all. They were not apologetic, actually felt like they were calling me a liar and that I made up the story about the letter. Asked the nurse to quickly check my daughter's ear infection since we were already down there. Instead of a quick check of the ear with the scope, they made me sit in a room for 30 minutes. After this, Dr. Yarckin showed up for a 2 minute visit. He was not apologetic either, did not want to take responsibility for his office's mess up. Ended up getting billed for his 2 minute ear check. Very frustrating...

December 28th, 2011

Poor Staff

I have no complaints about Dr Yarckin, he is excellent; however, his staff seems to be lacking communication. His nurse practitioner has no idea where she stands and no one takes accountability for what she does. They lose exam results, have no concern for the well being of the kids, and don't follow up with the kid's illnesses. I trust him, but I can't trust his staff.

November 28th, 2011

Great DOc

Barry is a great doctor. Has super bedside manner with the new born as well as with the parents. Straight shooter. Has taken care of both our new borns and if we ever had another child would be there in his office in a moment. Thank you barry

April 6th, 2010

Dr Yarkin has been treating my kids for 16 years i would not take my kids to anyone else. My kids love him.

September 7th, 2009

Dr. Yarckin's office staff is very good at getting you an appointment, even at the last minute, however, your wait time once you sign in will be sometimes 1-2 hours and if you have a sick, small infant or toddler, this is just unacceptable. The staff has often ignored me and my child while wailing in the exam room with no explanation of how long it will be to see the doctor and no apologies. I have had nothing but stressful and disappointing experiences in the last few months with Yarckin and his staff.

October 6th, 2016