Dr. Bart Macdonald MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Roswell, GA

September 15th, 2016
Injured during surgery
Dr. MacDonald injured my spinal cord during my surgery. Although I knew the risks of surgery, this doctor never informed me of the injury and didn't explain my paralysis. The hospital failed to inform me either. i was quickly transferred to a rehabilitation hospital and Dr. MacDonald did no follow up at all. I have suffered and struggled for 3 years and I am 100% disabled. I just wish he would've been more forthcoming . Maybe that's why he left Texas.

September 1st, 2016
Just had my first visit with Dr MacDonald. I was impressed that he took notes of everything I said, while looking me in the eyes. I have had the royal runaround with Emory (5 visits and 3 procedures). While my surgery is upcoming, I cannot comment on his surgical skills, but was blown away with his compassion, and his understanding of my complaint. He took time to explain the nature of my issues, reviewing the MRI to show me specifically where the problem is. I have great hope now.

April 5th, 2016
Medicare Patient
I feel like I was treated different because I am on Medicare. He acted like he couldn't get rid of me fast enough. Dr MacDonald was very sarcastic with his comments. Has anyone else had the Medicare sluff off?

March 24th, 2016
Amazing
My husband was admitted to the hospital around 10:30 at night after a few hours in the ER. Turned out he had a baseball sized tumor in his frontal lobe. By chance Dr MacDonald was here and came spoke with us at close to midnight. Operation was 4 days later, took 7 hours, and Dr then stopped by every day until he stabilized (10 - 14 days). Path reports came back as GBM/stage IV cancer. Our neuro oncologist, radioligist, and a Piedmont nuero surgeon told us the resection was amazing and about the best they had ever seen. 18 months later my husband is doing very well, and every night I say a prayer of thanks that Dr MacDonald was at that hospital late that Friday night. We never visited his office so some of the ratings reflect NS Forsyth ER.

August 10th, 2015
Strongly recommend Dr. MacDonald.

May 11th, 2015
Dr MacDonald performed 2 separate operations on me with great results, so far. When a problem occurred after the second operation, he came back to the back to the hospital at 11:00 at night, to do a 3rd one, that fixed it. A very compassionate man, his schedule does not seem to allow much time during office visits, but his work is excellence.

March 6th, 2015
Dr. McDonald could not have nicer and more concerned about the pain I was experiencing. Not only did he send me for an MRI to be sure of my problem, but got me into a pain clinic pretty fast so that I could get a shot in my back to help me with the terrible pain I was having. I feel very fortunate to have him for my doctor.

January 7th, 2015
He still cares!!!
I just cannot say enough in regards to this Doctor. He is one of the most caring Doctor's that I have came in contact with. McDonald sticks with you all the way and works with a great team. McDonald sees his patients as people and not as a number.

December 29th, 2014
Thank God that Dr MacDonald PA Jonathan and staff were excellent

December 16th, 2013
feeling cared for
Dr. MacDonald was great! his genuine care and concern for me was outstanding. not only, that but his "above and beyond" care for my family during this difficult time, is something that i will now judge all other physicians by! i felt informed the entire treatment, as well as made to feel secure in the choices i(we) were making. i would highly recommend hime to my dearest loved ones. exceptional care! thank you thank you thank you

December 16th, 2013
Dr. Mac Donald was very thorough and really took extra time to both explain and listen. I felt like he was very knowledgeable about every aspect of my situation. It was reassuring to know that all of my questions were answered.

November 28th, 2013
very compassionate DR
Dr MacDonald understood my condition and could discuss the issues in a normal way that I could understand. Yet, he was very confident in his knowledge. I would recommend him to my mother as well.