Neurologist (brain, nervous system), Psychiatrists, Sleep Medicine Specialist
44344 Dequindre Rd
Ste 360
Sterling Heights, MI 48314
586-254-0707
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

• Currently 3.0350877192982 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Diane Diehl on May 15th, 2014

Prior to seeing Dr Sangal, I used to wake up with headaches and also was tired all the time. Now I never wake up with a headache and I also feel rested after a good night of sleep.

by Steve T on May 12th, 2014

Very thorough sleep study and comprehensive treatment plan

by Jim Fountain on May 9th, 2014

I was being seen by another Dr. and was not only misdiagnosed but the appointments were often 2 to 3 hours long with 90% of that spent waiting. Dr. Sangals office is very timely with appointments and the staff is very professional. I have recommended The Sleep & Attention Disorders Institute to everyone I know that would benefit from an evaluation.

|  Satisfaction  |  show details
by Jessica Wilson on Apr 27th, 2014

I would highly recommend Dr. Sangal to anyone. He is very interested in my welfare. He takes time to listen. He gives you a printed copy of your visits,medicines and recommendations. When you leave the office you are well informed of your personal health plan.

|  finally i can sleep  |  show details
by WALTER J on Apr 27th, 2014

THE DOCTOR IS SUPER...HIS STAFF IS WONDERFUL.....HIS SLEEP ROOMS IS LIKE BEING AT A FIRST CLASS HOTEL. AND THE BEST THING IS NOW I CAN SLEEP...

|  Great doctor!  |  show details
by Kathy Rizzi on Apr 26th, 2014

I was so relieved to finally have a diagnosis for my daily napping - other than as a mother of 4 - I should be tired. Even after they all went to school - I would fall asleep immediately when I sat down. Typically for 2 - 3 hours. I was always teased about not being able to watch a movie too. I would sit to watch something I was interested in - and nod off within a few minutes - and get 8 hours of sleep! Being referred to Dr Sangal was a life changer for me. With my treatment, I am more productive and experience more joy in life. I had suffered several bouts of depression every year - and these have declined significantly. Dr Sangal always takes the time to ensure I am doing well - and not having any side effects from my treatment. The staff is professional and prompt. I would recommend Dr Sangal to anyone who is experiencing what I experienced. I'm actually hoping my husband will schedule an appointment to have his quality of sleep reviewed - I think he suffers from sleep apnea.

by Megan Fulkerson on Apr 23rd, 2014

Friendly, informative, and take time to speak with you. Office staff friendly and assist with needed items and follow up appointments.

|  Great Dr. Great Staff  |  show details
by Sebastian on Apr 18th, 2014

Dr. Sangal, provides prompt and to the point diagnosis, providing timely and proficient service. His sleep test facility is top notch, as are the staff that operate them.

by Rick W on Apr 9th, 2014

Have been a long term patient of Dr. Sangal. He expresses genuine concern and is effective treating my long-term condition.

|  I am tired  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2014

When I first went to Dr Sangal, I had already been using a C-Pap for several years. After the sleep study, he greatly reduced the pressure on my machine and even said I might not need to use the machine anymore, however after a couple nights my snoring and apnea disturbed my wife and also myself. So I went back to using the machine. He had put me on a medication that seemed to help me stay awake more during the day. However, that medication was not available, so he changed to a different medication. I am having more trouble sleeping and am tired during the day. I recently complained that I do feel I am getting enough air, So he will be doing another night time sleep study soon. He is very busy, but is willing to talk if you have comments or questions. Because of the medication that I am on it cannot be refilled, so I have to come back every three months for an office call in order to get a new prescription.

by Rich Homberg on Mar 31st, 2014

I have been working with Dr. Sangal for over 12 years. He has been a tremendous help to me, improving the quality of my life. He is professional, helpful and has a deep understanding of his field. Overall, I would rate him as "excellent."

by Dan Brunet on Mar 24th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Sangal for several years and have been completely satisfied.

|  Very helpful  |  show details
by Vicki Wright-Trimboli on Mar 15th, 2014

Very knowledgeable and has pleasant, yet professional staff. I felt very appreciated as a patient and highly recommend them. It was easy to get an appointment despite them being very busy.

|  Sleep Clinic  |  show details
by Ronald S Jankowski on Mar 11th, 2014

Dr. Sangal has helped me for years

by Lorraine S Anderson on Mar 11th, 2014

Dr Sangal answers my questions, is always very personable,spends the necessary time with me. He is very nice and I just like him.

|  1st Review  |  show details
by Marlene Witthoft on Mar 7th, 2014

I've been seeing Dr Sangal for about 4 years now for a sleep disorder. I appreciate very much his professionalism and knowledge regarding sleep disorders. His patience and understanding to your needs is #1.

|  finally, a good doctor  |  show details
by kelly butkovich on Mar 5th, 2014

Dr. sangal is a very good doctor. He is will try to find the cause of the problem and then works on helping to fix it. I suffered from insomnia my whole life and he is the only doctor that was able to find the right medication for me. Now, I am able to sleep like a normal person. Thank you!!

Mar 1st, 2014

I like my doctors to be efficient, especially for quick visits for maintenance prescriptions. I like Dr. Sangal for this reason. My visits are always quick, but I never feel like I'm pushed. There is always plenty of time for me to ask questions. (He does not have to follow up with me after visits, that is why I did not rate "follow up after visit")

|  Diagnose I needed  |  show details
by Jennifer V on Feb 28th, 2014

Dr. Sangal is a wonderful physician. He is kind and caring and knows what he is doing. He got me sleeping through the night again!

|  Medical knowledge  |  show details
by David Sherwood on Feb 28th, 2014

Dr. Sangal is very professional with his patience and has the medical knowledge to treat you condition. I am lucky to have such a professional to treat me.

|  retired  |  show details
by clarence f hebert on Feb 20th, 2014

Wonderful doctor and staff

|  Never slept better  |  show details
by J. Glaspie on Feb 17th, 2014

Went in for my initial evaluation and was able to schedule my sleep study quickly. When results returned abnormal, the staff was very quick to call and move me towards the next step in the process. Everything was explained in great detail and since receiving my biPap machine, I have never slept better. I no longer require daily naps and I dont doze off during the day! Couldn't ask for better results.

|  Wonderful doctor  |  show details
by Ray on Jan 4th, 2014

Dr. Sangal knows his stuff and stuck with me till he got me to use my CPAP regularly. I had been to another clinic with dirty lab and technicians talking too loudly at night. I could not tolerate the CPAP and the doctor could not care less. Dr. Sangal's sleep lab is clean and comfortable, the night techs are wonderful. All the staff is so courteous. There was never any wait to see Dr. Sangal - I am always in and out. He worked with me, his staff found a mask I could use, he gave me medicine to help me sleep at night with the CPAP, and he saved my life and my marriage. Wonderful doctor!

|  Most efficiently run office  |  show details
by Cindy on Dec 20th, 2013

This is the most efficiently run office I've ever been to.

|  Dr Sangal has worked well with me over time  |  show details
by Cookie on Dec 20th, 2013

I have used CPAP every night for more than 15 years. Dr. Sangal has worked with me over time and I believe CPAP treatment has made my life, in general, easier; reducing fatigue which had built up over the years in my profession. I am today more relaxed and better able to handle the problems and anxieties of life, and am better able to enjoy my family and relate better to friends and associates. I am 77 years old.

|  good add/adhd doctor in very busy office  |  show details
by mena s on Dec 10th, 2013

I love this Beaumont building, and Dr. Sangal was great with me and my son. My counselor referred me to Dr. Sangal and we determined that my son has severe ADHD. Dr. Sangal prescribed the right medication and my son is able to focus in school for the first time in years.

|  Outstanding!  |  show details
by Mike Stamps on Nov 20th, 2013

I've had terrible snoring for years, and my girlfriend finally forced me to ask my doctor about it- my primary care physician recommended Dr. Sangal due to his level of expertise and years in the field. While being evaluated, I felt that he was truly compassionate and wanted to ensure that I understood the process, and when all was said and done I was diagnosed with sleep apnea, which can actually be life threatening. I'm breathing better at night, getting better sleep, and I honestly think my life overall is better because of it.

|  My child has ADHD, and Dr. Sangal was a lifesaver  |  show details
by Alex D on Nov 19th, 2013

It doesn't really show on this profile that Dr. Sangal specializes in treating ADHD/ADD, but he does and I desperately want to spread the word. My child was diagnosed by his school counselor, and I personally wanted a second opinion- Dr. Sangal was able to use an FDA approved technique to evaluate my son, which uses brain mapping to find out if he's showing all the neurological signs that he had an attention disorder. Turns out: he did NOT. His school counselor was basing the assessment on the fact that he had fidgeting and some outbursts in class- had we followed the counselors advice, my son would be on medication that could be doing more harm than good!! Parents: I URGE you to seek out Dr. Sangal if you suspect your child has ADHD, or if someone tells you they might have it- it's better to be safe than sorry, and no parent wants to see their child suffering from side effects of drugs they might not even need!!!!

|  Rip Off!! They live to sell you sleep studies, and apnea masks  |  show details
by Dave B on Oct 7th, 2013

I called to make my appointment, and asked them to verify my insurance, and to see if it would be a standard ($20 co pay) office charge.. They called back and said they verified insurance, and there would not be any additional fees. Appointment day came, and I filled out some paperwork, then they asked me some questions. The doctor came in, and spent about 5 minutes asking questions, then concluded he had no answer for my sleeplessness, and to have a sleep study done. That's it! I declined the sleep study, and after a 15 minute office visit (total), I got a bill for $325.00... This guy is a rip off! be warned

|  Thank you Dr. Sangal  |  show details
by Nate on Sep 22nd, 2013

It is great to be able to rest, and to be able to think again. My sleep is clear and restful and I have more energy and I am loving it! Thank you Dr. Sangal.

|  Dr. Sangal & his team delivered 100% of what I needed  |  show details
by AM on Sep 3rd, 2013

This has been one of the most beneficial medical treatments I have ever received. Good treatments might deliver most of what is expected. But Dr. Sangal & his team delivered 100% of what I needed. I feel great!

|  Everyone here very helpful  |  show details
by RoHa on Aug 14th, 2013

Everyone here was very helpful & made me feel comfortable & at ease during the sleep study.

|  Always runs on time, we never wait very long  |  show details
by Tara Yagonczak on Jul 29th, 2013

Dr. Sangal not only helped my son's ADHD, but the staff is helpful and courteous, and Dr. Sangal always runs on time & we never wait very long.

|  Dr. Sangal and his staff are wonderful  |  show details
by La-Von on Jul 23rd, 2013

I think Dr. Sangal and his staff are wonderful. Everyone is polite and caring. Dr. Sangal has extended my life by diagnosing my sleep apnea and putting me on a treatment plan. I was headed for a stroke and didn't know it. Thank you Dr. Sangal for all your good care!

|  Extremely impressed with Dr Sangal  |  show details
by Angie on Jun 24th, 2013

I have been extremely impressed with Dr. Sangal and all of his staff. Everyone has been so helpful and wonderfull explaining all the testing to us. We felt right at home when my daugther did her sleep apnea test, she was very comfortable. I recommend Dr. Sangal, Im very happy with everything.

|  Outstanding Service  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2013

It was exceptionally easy to get an appointment scheduled with Dr. Sangal. My daughter was seen one week, tested the next AND had the results that very same week! He was extremely kind and took the time to answer all of our questions. I would recommend Dr. Sangal to anyone looking for quality in a physician!

|  Waste of time and money!  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2013

|  Run away! Money hungry doc!!!  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2013

This office runs to bring you in like cattle, waste your time and money. This man does not care about you and your medical condition.

|  Can't rave enough about Dr. Sangal and his staff  |  show details
by ADD Mom on May 22nd, 2013

I can't rave enough about Dr. Sangal and his staff. The way this doctor thoroughly assesses, treats, and monitors patients with sleep disorders and ADHD is unbelievable. I've learned so much in being his patient and have watched both my daughter's and my own sleep/ADHD conditions improved immensely! I would highly recommend this doctor and his wonderful staff.

|  LOOOOOOONG WAIT TIMES  |  show details
May 22nd, 2013

Plan on waiting for hours to spend all of 5 mins with the doctor, this has been consistent on several occasions. It is quite obvious the patients are walking dollar signs as the are herded like cattle. The staff was pleasant but ever changing, always different girls. I can only assume they are also treated as objects and disposable. You are forced to come in for repeated office visits for refills which anywhere else would just call in. MUST have an office visit for new CPAP script even if your machine is broken and you are in distress. Its all about the $$$. RUN IN THE OTHER DIRECTION.

|  Glad I came to see Dr. Sangal  |  show details
by M P on May 15th, 2013

I am glad I came to see Dr. Sangal for help with my sleep apnea. With the treatment I am sleeping so much better now and feel great throughout the day!

|  Patient  |  show details
by Chip on Mar 26th, 2013

I have been going to Dr Sangal for over 10 years and its been the same way for 10 years.....Long wait for 3 minutes with him.I have noticed that there is a big turnover and I'm not quite sure of the reason? It's either he doesn't treat his staff good or they get tired of the verbal beating they get from his clients .I am now looking for a new Doctor.

|  Clear your schedule and bank account!  |  show details
Jan 23rd, 2013

Money hungry, they don't care about you. Just how many times they can get you in. Always quadruple booked, always waits for hours! Won't release medical records to other doctors without paying blackmail prices. Won't refill scripts in timely manner. Won't respond to medical supply companies request regarding cpap! Run in opposite direction!

|  Spends 2 minutes with you & forces medication & only cares about getting your money, very arrogant!!!  |  show details
May 17th, 2012

This doctor requires multiple visits, co-pay each visit, spends just minutes with you after having someone else screen you, then pushes medicine and big dollar sleep studies. He then turs over all your CPAP card data to his wife who uses the information as part of her reqular job of creating sleep studies. Huge invasion of privacy, no morals, only ewants your money, no bedside manor, very arrogant!!! Go anywhere else!!!

|  JUST CARES ABOUT THE MONEY NOT PATIENTS  |  show details
May 16th, 2012

HE REQUIRES, INSISTS, YOU PROVIDE CPAP CARD DATA WHICH HE TURNS DIRECTLY OVER TO HIS WIFE WHICH USES IT FOR STUDIES WHICH IS WHAT SHE DOES FOR A LIVING. DOESNT TAKE THE TIME WITH PATIENTS AND FORCES MEDICINE AND SLEEP STUDIES ON YOU. IF YOU REFUSE, HE HAS AN ATTITUDE. HE DOES NOT RETURN PATIENTS CALLS, I GUESS HE'S TOO GOOD FOR THAT.

May 4th, 2012

Wow....Office wait was horrible! Office staff had attitude and seemed to not value patient concerns. The push at the office is t get you to spent the night for evaluation....more money! Overall focus is in "get them in and get them out"! And in the process get as much $$$ possible.

|  Awful English  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2010

Can't understand his English well, a really long wait time and only 2 or 3 minutes with the doctor himself. It feels like a cattle call instead of a doctors visit.