Dr. Barton Butterbaugh MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

September 15th, 2015
One of the best Doctors in Scottsdale...
Dr. Butterbaugh is truly different from all of the rest of the Doctors around the Scottsdale area! He truly takes an interest and you as a patientand want nothing but the best for you and that's the exact service that he provides to you!! Highly would recommend Dr Butterbaugh!

September 12th, 2012
Overall experience is professional and caring of med tech. Physician spends more than enough time with my patient experience. I appreciate the length that he has gone to provide care to a patient subset that has not been effectively and non-judgmentally through out the state of Washington. Thank you for all you do.

December 30th, 2010
I thought the guy was fine.
I don't go to docters unless I really have to. Every few years or so I might go through a battery of tests. But mostly doctors forget who I was or when I last saw them.I thought dr. B. was grand, gave me some medications that worked right away and exceeded my expectations. I have a follow up visit, so far so good. Yes there is an extra charge for dealing with insurance... so what? Those companies take so long to pay up I don't know how the Docs' can survive.

June 29th, 2010
Great Doctor
I have to say that he is by far the best doctor that I have ever had. He takes his time and doesn't rush you out.I have had that happen with almost every doctor in the past. He ginuinely cares for his patients, has great bedside manners,and is very nice.I have a serious back injury and he has not only been thorough but he has set goals for me.Unlike, the doctor I was seeing before him the other doctor just had me coming back each month and didn't really seem like he cared and just wanted to get me back in the door the following month. Butterbaugh's staff is amazing and extremely nice!I would get stressed out knowing that I had a doctor's appointment or be stressed while I was at the doctor because of the long wait or rude staff.It is a breathe of fresh air to deal with Dr. Butterbaugh and his staff. I will not go to another doctor unless I am referred out. I feel like I am at home when I go in for an appointment. My stars above are not exaggerated at all! Give him a try and I promise you that you won't be let down!

August 12th, 2009
Best Family Physician
From the time I entered his office, the staff was very friendly, professional, caring, and personable. They set me at ease, and the entire enviroment was positive.After meeting the physician, I found him very personalble, warm, caring, knowledgable, and well versed in all aspects of my problems. I felt very confident that he cared about me and my medical problems throughout this entire office visit.I would highly recommend him to anyone who is in need of 'Old-Fashioned' medical care. I was extremely impressed with the entire experience.

June 17th, 2009
Best DOCTOR in TOWN!!!!!!!
The best doctor in town. He is such a caring and wonderful doctor. YOU can get in on the SAME day!! He spends a lot of time with each patient. All you bull shitters with the negative remarks...were just upset because things were not done your way !!

June 11th, 2009
He
He is a arogant centered person that's delusional and stubborn never will see him again.

May 1st, 2009
Great Doc
I like Dr Butterbaugh. I didnt have to wait long, only 15 min. spent a lot of time with me. I would rate this DR. a 9

October 11th, 2008
Money Hungry arrogant doctor
Dr Butterbaugh is a greedy, rude and arrogant doctor. He has instituted all these extra charges such as a fee for insurance billing, a fee for a referral I needed, a fee for a prescription refill I needed. He is extremely arrogant also- he dosen't listen, he is very rude, right in the middle of me asking a question he talks over me. He keeps me waiting for long periods of time in the room while he talks to the patient before me. I can also hear every word he says to the other patients because his office is obviously not soundproofed. There is no privacy in his office- my weight and check out information was easily heard by anyone in the waiting room, which in itself is a HIPPA violation. He has a terrible bedside manner, and frankly I am there to talk about my health, not hear about or see pictures of his dogs, which is all he speaks about. He has most certainly missed the mark when it comes to professionalism and proper bedside manner. My husband and I won't be returning to this office.

August 21st, 2008
Cold and uncaring demeanor Dr. and his office staff
I will NEVER visit Dr. Butterbaugh or his office again and I would NEVER recommend him as a Doctor to anyone. I feel he is incompetent, uncaring, cold, rude, and flippant; and his office staff seem to follow his example. Here's my experience: While's I was on vacation, Dr. Butterbaugh refused to refill my (life-long) medication after I called it in to a local pharmacy for refilling in advance of running out. When I went to pick up the prescription, which I was almost out of at this point, the pharmacy informed me that the doctor had not responded to their request. When I called the Dr. to inquire, the office staff initially stated they did not receive the pharmacy's request. However, they were somehow able to tell me that the Dr. would not fill the prescription because he wanted me in for my (never missed) annual test - how did they know that if they hadn't received the pharmacy request. Due to the extended vacation, I planned to have the testing when I returned home two weeks later - I had never missed any annual test. When I stated to the staff that I was now almost out of medication and I would have to do without if the Dr. didn't give me a couple of days supply, they said "ok"! I was aghast. Then they added that I should have called it in to the pharmacy in advance. But I did - five days earlier. Dr. Butterbaugh's staff were happy for me to go without medication that I need on a daily basis - medication that I have taken daily for twenty years and have my levels tested diligently every year. My concern with this doctor: He never informed me that he wouldn't refill the prescription after denying the pharmacy - I didn't know this until five days later when I went to pick up the prescription. Despite offering to have testing done while on vacation and asking for a few day supply of medication to get me through the testing and result waiting phase, he did not respond to my request and the office staff never faxed over the testing authorization paperwork that I requested THREE times, nor did he/they follow up with me to ensure everything was ok. This is the second incidence whereby Dr. Butterbaugh refused my prescription without informing me and thus making me go without for a few days. In the first instance the office staff stated they shouldn't have refused it. However, they didn't inform me of the refusal to fill the repeat prescription until a week later when I went to pick it up.