A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Barton Halpern:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Barton Halpern, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 2 Areas, including Lens Implants Intraocular Lens Implantation and Refractive Surgical Procedures.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Halpern graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn.More Education & Awards
Dr. Halpern has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Lancaster General Hospital
- Ephrata Community Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Halpern accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- UPMC Health Plan - 6 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Capital Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 2 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance