Dr. Bary Siegel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Bary Siegel?

July 3rd, 2016

Need to retire

Dr. Siegel is very outgoing, spends a lot of the appointment time on various stories that are quite amusing at times. As an infectious disease doctor and expert, he seemed initially to be competent, but over time I felt that if I was taking the meds, his job was done and he wasn't interested in discussing side effects, complications or considering alternative medication options. Once, I switch infectous disease doctors, I was surprised to find out how many new and varied medication options there are and my new doctor was able to get me on a cocktail of meds that effectively managed the virus and limited my side effects. Dr. Siegel only seems concerned with the results of the blood work, not how your feeling or your quality of life on the treatment plan. I would not recommend him.

April 28th, 2015

Disappointing

Dr Siegel's seems to have limited treatment approaches for HIV. I would rate him as average, however when you're being treated for a serious condition such as HIV, who wants average. This staff, particularly Krystal, is unfriendly and unhelpful. Even if Dr Siegel was a decent HIV care provider, I would still seek treatment elsewhere to avoid having to deal with Krystal.

July 1st, 2014

Not recommend for HIV/AIDS patients

Although Dr Siegels claims to be an infectious disease/HIV specialists, he has a very limited approach to treating HIV patients. The wait time was very short, but the appointments were frustrating trying to light a fire under Dr Siegel to provide an accurate diagnosis and take action to help improve your well being.

September 12th, 2012

Simply the best doc in town

Bary has been my physician for over 20 years. I have never met a more compassionate doctor and I have worked with hundreds of them being in health care myself. Often I hear about other people complaining about how they feel like their doctors don't listen to them. Dr. Siegel is very thorough in questioning his patients and, no matter how long the appointment has taken, he always asks "Is there anything else?" before you walk out the door.

December 28th, 2011

Love my Dr.!

I can always count on Dr Siegel to listen to me and do the best he can to help. He has called me to check on me after appointments and never makes me fell rushed or like a number on a wheel

October 9th, 2011

No recommended for HIV doc

I started seeing Dr. Siegel early this year. At first he seemed knowledgable about hiv and its treatment, although as time went on I began to doubt that the care he was providing was correct and/or most up to date. He seems have a cookie cutter approach to treatment and prescribes the same drug regardless of the patient's situation regardless of whether it is the best treatment or not. I sought a second opinion and was so glad I did. I changed medication and almost immediately felt much better. I agree with the other review on this site, once you question him he becomes defensive, perhaps it is insecurity since he really doesn't know how to best treat his HIV patients.

July 15th, 2011

Thoughtful and attentive. No complaints at all.

December 27th, 2010

I was a patient of Dr Seigel for 13 years. For 11 years we had a good relationship. However, when I became more pro active about his treatment--the relationship went downhill. He would refer me to specialists and then disagree with the specialists diagnosis. He does not think outside the box or keep up with the latest studies on the severe side-effects of medications. He has misdianosed me several times. For example, I came in to complain of severe leg and back pain without fever or chills. He said I had the flu. I said "No" I know my body and I don't have the flu. Later I went to urgent care and ended up in the hospital with renal failure. He has a good bedside manner; but needs to stay in touch with advancements in medicine. Moreover, his staff is very rude; when you leave an urgent message they amend it in a derogatory manner. Dr. Seigel is overworked and does not have the time to really address health issues, just say whatever to placate his patients. I was overdoes at UCD for 7 days while hospitalized for back surgery, he knew that by the UCD Hospital Records I gave him, but not not follow-up with any complaint to UCD which is a primarily drs responsibility. Also, though I needed medication for high cholesterol in 97, I had to finally request medication in 2001. He is not on top of his game,appears to listen to patients, but merely placates to get through an appointment and on to the next patient. He and his staff are most disingenuous. If you are HIV, he is not the doctor for you. He caters to his incompetent staff and does not listen to a patient's complaint regarding their lies and rudeness; he appears to care more about the neurotic women he hires who are homophobic than listen to his patients and sincerely address his patients complaints or health needs. He should close his practice and spend "real time" with them instead of taking on more patients. Beware of Dr. Seigel if you are in need of an HIV doctor. He told me that he has not read up on the side effects of HIV drugs in four years, but prescribes HIV drugs anyway. My pharmacist of 20 years always disagreed with Dr. Seigel's lack of fully addressing the meds he gives his HIV patients. If you are passive or ignorant about you health care, Dr. Seigel is the Doctor for you,but if you are pro active and due your own homework, he is not for you. He thinks he is beyond reproach, and when you question him, he employs double-talks and turns it all on you.

August 3rd, 2014